Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I really want an EVO, should I just get a Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zippy452
So I read about three pages of this thread and I wanted to reply. I didn't read the rest just cause I know it will go on as a back and forth.

I personally hope to be the owner of a RA here in the near future. Do I really want an evo? Yes. Am I settling for a RA? Yes and happily. I want an X but for my life right now it isn't possible or would be a wise choice. I am negotiating on a RA because it seems to be the best thing close to an EVO that I can afford and will appease the misses. One of the wife's conditions for my next car is that it's a auto (the other big one was 4 doors as my last was a coupe). Yes I know a MR could pass but trying to get my wife's head around paying 15-20k for a 2008 is like trying to get blood from a stone. I found an RA that is more of an agreeable price and I believe I will be happy with it (as I was the test drive) and it can pass as a car that can pull fam duty for around town if needed. We have her Traverse for the long haul trips

Will I regret it? Possibly but only slightly. I mean years ago I had a chance to buy my dream car (a RX-7 FD) but it prob was a wiser choice not to as later in life it may have hindered things. The only regret I see with my future RA is that it is not the dead sexy Wicked White I have fallen in love with.

I was in the same boat, wanted a fun nice car that needed to be 4 doors and auto for the wife and kids, I was after an evo but the price difference of 10k+ wasn't worth it, the ra also offers a nicer daily drive as it is a softer ride and has more trunk space plus folding back seats, the ra could do everything we needed plus be a blast to drive with good modding potential, maybe down the road ill pick up an evo as a summer toy but I don't regret buying the ralliart at all, I was after white to but love my rally red
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
With the evo x gen it looks almost identicle to a lancer es,only way I can tell it's an evo is by looking hard and I see an intercooler..and even then I'm not sure because it could just be a ralliart lol. Ralliart, or evo x practically the same car so it really doesn't matter.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never settle...always pursue what you want (within means). You'll regret it later.

You'll buy and RA...and still want an EVO..no comparison.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Never settle...always pursue what you want (within means). You'll regret it later.

You'll buy and RA...and still want an EVO..no comparison.
Strongly disagree....love my Ralliart and have never ONCE regretted not spending 12k more on an Evo.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:28 AM

Edit.

Last edited by bluepeartype-s; Nov 22, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 09:40 AM

It's worth every dime. (12k).
I should add you'll spend 12k modifying it to be might as well be an Evo than a RA. To each his own.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:50 AM

All depends on what you're looking for in a car. The Evo is superior performace-wise in pretty much every way but if that isn't what you're after then owning a Ralliart is just fine and can still be a fun car. I'll never hate on anyone for owning a Ralliart but what annoys me is when the owners try and defend their purchase by downplaying the Evo. You bought the car for your own personal reasons. Live with it and move on. Maybe it's a more comfortable daily driver. Fine, I don't care, but if I wanted a downgrade in performance I would've went with the Ralliart. And that's definitely reflected in the price. It is what it is. For the record I own an Evo but I don't look down on Ralliart owners by any means. I've seen some pretty nice ones.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should add you'll spend 12k modifying it to be might as well be an Evo than a RA. To each his own.
I maybe spent 2-3k modifying my Ralliart, nowhere near 12k. Is it equal to an Evo now? No way. But it's made such a huge improvement over a stock Ralliart that I almost feel like I own a unique model Lancer that falls somewhere between a stock Ralliart and an Evo.......
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

i can't wait to get my ralliart. The only down side is the one that will be within all the damn stipulations my wife has set won't have the recaro seats. Found a Wicked White one with recaros and i fell in love. But the price is too high to be able to pass off to the wife and her long list of conditions. lol don't even get me started on those lol. But hopefully all goes smooth and i will be the owner of a Rotar Glow Orange ralliart.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Buy the car and swap the seats if she doesn't like them. Many/many people would swap (+$) in heartbeat...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:54 AM

i thought i was settling when i bought my 2010 sportback but that feeling soon passed. it has the recaros and navigation and i thank the first owner for paying for all that. its not an evo but its more practical for my needs. i have a great extended warranty up to 100k, im at 63k. when that is up i plan do a tune and a couple other small mods to get that evo power. that is all i miss about not getting an evo. i love this car, especially the hatch!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish mine came with the Recaro seats and HID lights, but I could always put some in if I wanted(though cost me a arm and a leg). Who says if you buy an RA that you can't trade up down the road, I'm possibly contemplating that. Though Evo's are kind of rare around my area dealers, let alone MR's( I don't do stick shifts).