Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I really want an EVO, should I just get a Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting thread. Well I picked a RA first, it was rotor glow but fully loaded, recaros, hid, sunroof, leather, navi with fosgate. A 2010, I really like the sst as well and I swore I would never get an auto before that. So I traded my cbr600rr in and it took about 2 weeks to get all the paper stuff done and such.

In that time, I started researching like a madman, OCD ftw! I used to own a 1g and a 2g dsm before so an awd mitsu was what I wanted. It really appealed to me that the 2010 RA with 40 thousand KM was 27K CAN. A jump to an evo was another $10g's. Yikes and then there are taxes.

So what happened?!?! Well, as a performance car fanatic that has watched every topgear and worked on cars since I was 14 I always liked evos. The day I went into the dealer to sign the contract for the RA, I saw a rally red 2012 GSR with the handling pack(BBS, big wing, 2 piece rorots, bilsteins and eibach). Cloth recaros but heated, and I love the wider track look. The car spoke to me, within 20 min of looking at it while sitting with the sales guy and going over the papers I asked "How much do you guys want for that one?"

The rest is history, got it for $41.5, new. The only things I liked better in the RA were the folding rear seat, sunroof, hid, navi with fosgate.

I have already started upgrading the audio and will get stock hid in the future. Also I'm working on converting the rear seat so there is a pass through where the arm rest goes. I also really like the rally red.

What hurts are the payments and the turning radius... Hope this helps someone in some way.

Last edited by Cellar Door; Jan 10, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No. Get what you want.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took a 2012 Evo GSR back to the dealership and traded for the 2012 Ralliart.

I prefer to have the RA. The only thing I wish I could have is the Recaro's and the Navigation unit, which I should have asked for!

As many do, I daily drive mine, but I also want to have a fun car to daily drive. Once in a while I hit the canyons and have a great time and I'll also stop down at the local 1/8th mile and embarass a few Honduhs. The RA was perfect for what I'm using it for. Just don't like that the transmission is seriously 10 grand to replace...FMFL
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OherrOderr

I didn't want to have to go through that problem again, so I slept on it and decided on the RA. I've had my RA for 6 months now and I still have fun driving it. However, I do get teased a lot for having a non-evo, but I don't mind. I enjoy the car and that's all that matters... I can easily fit my gear into it with no problems and have fun driving
See that's that dumb sh*t that goes with any car and class. I think I'm gonna go up to a lancer de driver and say why didn't u just get a gts. Then go to that person and say why didn't u get a ralliart and then that person and say why didn't u get a evo and then that person and say why didn't u get a used gt-r, that is stupid. I have still yet to purchase a evo mr or ralliart yet altho I'm now leaning towards ralliart for trunk space since found out news for next 8 months. Here is how I see it.

Ralliart = cheaper car. Awd. Turbo. Tc-sst. Comfortable. Better daily driver. Cheaper insurance. Can be moddified like any other car to ones liking. Has a legit trunk

I mean really how much power do u need for daily things? Ppl seem fine getting around in there neons focus mazda3s without any issues why shld u be any different. Least yours is somewhat sport bread. Stage 1 or 2 upgrade would suit me fine
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:26 AM

Get what you want but there are times in life where you will have to settle or just not get anything at all if you feel you will regret it. I love Evo's but its not the best daily driver for me so i bought the RA instead and i have no regrets, its still an upgrade from my base lancer. If people spend their whole life saying "what if" and wishing they had done something different, next thing they know they have one foot in the grave and wondering where their life went. People ask me all the time why i bought another Mitsubishi when i work for Mercedes and could be driving an AMG. My answer is simple i like Mitsubishi. Live life no regrets, regret **** when you're dead.

Last edited by Sinestra; Jan 22, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sticking this thread. All questions, debates, arguments, insults, etc. on this matter will be henceforth directed here, no questions asked.

RA v. any other car (in regards to purchase/new-vehicle comparison) will be sent here as well
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

thank you thank you thank you thank you
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
good stuff - should always go with exactly what you want, or you just won't be happy with the shoulda woulda couldas - had a TB gsr for 6 years before finally making the switch to WW - it never stopped bugging me.

people will get offended of course
Old Feb 8, 2013, 05:18 PM

if the ralliart had a real tranny, not a fake troublesome slush box i would own one a rotor glow sportback, a beautiful functional car IMO
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rodhot6
if the ralliart had a real tranny, not a fake troublesome slush box i would own one a rotor glow sportback, a beautiful functional car IMO
Cleary you have no clue what you're talking about.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Cleary you have no clue what you're talking about.
Once you actually make some decent power, you will understand.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Once you actually make some decent power, you will understand.
There's plenty of guys driving both Evos and Ralliarts with the SST transmission who are making "decent power" as you put it, so if you think having an old school manual transmission is somehow superior for high hp/tq applications, then feel free to keep on living in your own little closed minded world.

Last edited by Slee256; Feb 9, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Ralliart is the poor mans evo....why do you think mits made it. Just sayin!

Get what you really want....if not you'll end up spending more to get what you really wanted in the first place.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
There's plenty of guys driving both Evos and Ralliarts with the SST transmission who are making "decent power" as you put it, so if you think having an old school manual transmission is somehow superior for high hp/tq applications, then feel free to keep on living in your own little closed minded world.
Totally agree, just ignore those people who "think" they are the best driver in the world with a manual transmission. They just don't realize most of the fastest stock cars are not a manual transmission.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

No RA get an EVO !! No comparison !

Quick Reply: I really want an EVO, should I just get a Ralliart?