Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rally Innovations RA Sportback Diffuser - Who wants one

Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billyboy1
Hopefully with rally innovations new promo vehicle being a sb, it might get a bit of traction the diffuse has always been the missing link
I was hoping the same thing. When I was on the phone with them placing the order for my spoilers over the summer, they told me that they were thinking about designing a front lip for the RA. I tried to tell them that there are other companies making RA front lips while there are no companies making RA diffusers, which means that there is an untapped market. Hopefully this thread will show them the great business opportunity to be had.

I'd also like to see some design choices so we can vote on which design we prefer. Once we get over ten people I'll call them and ask them to post some designs on here.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:25 AM

Yep, count me in, i've been after one for ages (so long as the postage to the UK isn't too high lol)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stundies
Yep, count me in, i've been after one for ages (so long as the postage to the UK isn't too high lol)
Added to the list
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ever12
I was hoping the same thing. When I was on the phone with them placing the order for my spoilers over the summer, they told me that they were thinking about designing a front lip for the RA. I tried to tell them that there are other companies making RA front lips while there are no companies making RA diffusers, which means that there is an untapped market. Hopefully this thread will show them the great business opportunity to be had.

I'd also like to see some design choices so we can vote on which design we prefer. Once we get over ten people I'll call them and ask them to post some designs on here.
How about something like these. . . .

Name:  P1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  KGrHqJjoE2IuH4kJBNj2yOg14Q_12.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  22.5 KB

Check out the second one, even though it is on a saloon, look at where the number plate recess is compared to a normal Saloon RA and note the sides of the diffuser and Bumper and compare it to our standard ones, I am sure that it would fit our rear bumper i,e, Compare the 2 pics, I can't see why it wouldn't fit.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The blue car is a N/A Lancer, which has a different rear bumper, though the design of the diffuser appears to at least be more functional than the red car.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stundies
Check out the second one, even though it is on a saloon, look at where the number plate recess is compared to a normal Saloon RA and note the sides of the diffuser and Bumper and compare it to our standard ones, I am sure that it would fit our rear bumper i,e, Compare the 2 pics, I can't see why it wouldn't fit.
Hmm want to be the first one to try it? Do you have a link to that diffuser? I would prefer to see a more pronounced design. Perhaps with larger fins or even something similar to the voltex design...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

^ i agree, although with the voltex or varis, we still need something on the bumper (ala evo x) and then attach the rear diffuser to it - would be good if there was something with only one bit (ie joined)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by ever12
Hmm want to be the first one to try it? Do you have a link to that diffuser? I would prefer to see a more pronounced design. Perhaps with larger fins or even something similar to the voltex design...
Here:-

http://www.atbodykits.com/content/mi...it-abs-plastic - Part No. 9004.

I have emailed them some time ago and they said they would sell just the rear diffuser at a price of £120 (UK Pounds)

I am off for a weekend break in Ayr in May so I might pop in to the company and offer a diffuser up to the bumper.

Wrapped in CF it might look nice

Last edited by stundies; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

ooo... i like that grill insert...

That rear "diffuser" ~looks~ better than 90% of the stuff out there. Though, it's not really functional. If you want one that's truly functional, you're going to have to adapt one from an EvoX, make your own, or have one made.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That hood insert is a riot
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

I just realized this is for lancers. That means the grill insert will likely not work on RAs. heh
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Thread necro....any thoughts about this:
http://gladfab.myshopify.com/collect...-with-hardware

It's technically an s2000 rear diffuser, and it's CHEAP but I am mystified as to how/where to attach the front without fabbing brackets (rather, paying someone to fab them for me)
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by majinfajita
Thread necro....any thoughts about this:
http://gladfab.myshopify.com/collect...-with-hardware

It's technically an s2000 rear diffuser, and it's CHEAP but I am mystified as to how/where to attach the front without fabbing brackets (rather, paying someone to fab them for me)
That is cheap for aluminum!

"Universal Diffuser measures approximately 22" wide and 23" long, the 2 center fins are fitted with stainless fasteners and are removable for a customizable look."

Time to start measuring
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any updates on this?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:33 PM

I will take one. SB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rally Innovations RA Sportback Diffuser - Who wants one