Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Canada - 2013 Ralliart - What is a fair price

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada - 2013 Ralliart - What is a fair price

I bought a new Ralliart in Sep 2013. Wicked White with the Premium Package. It has done only 2200 Kilometres as of today. I will need to sell it as I am moving overseas. Need your advise on what should be the right price. It is in brand new condition with all service records (Just two scheduled visits to the dealer). Not a scratch anywhere. Also has the 7 Years extended warranty package.

A new one here in Canada with the Premium Package + Extended Warranty and all taxes included is about 46K. Any pointers would be really appreciated.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

I just went to kbb.com and nada.com which are the two most reputable sites for used car worth. If you take the middle estimate, looks like your car is worth about $26,000 US dollars. Of course, since you are from Canada, it may alter the price a bit, but that's what it's worth in USA.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by danike
I just went to kbb.com and nada.com which are the two most reputable sites for used car worth. If you take the middle estimate, looks like your car is worth about $26,000 US dollars. Of course, since you are from Canada, it may alter the price a bit, but that's what it's worth in USA.
Thanks a lot for your feedback danike, appreciate you taking the time out to check the value for me. Canada is usually a bit more for everything . Hoping for the best and looking forward to more inputs from the forum.

Last edited by traveler; Jun 20, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by traveler
I bought a new Ralliart in Sep 2013. Wicked White with the Premium Package. It has done only 2200 Kilometres as of today. I will need to sell it as I am moving overseas. Need your advise on what should be the right price. It is in brand new condition with all service records (Just two scheduled visits to the dealer). Not a scratch anywhere. Also has the 7 Years extended warranty package.

A new one here in Canada with the Premium Package + Extended Warranty and all taxes included is about 46K. Any pointers would be really appreciated.

I'd say post it at $32,000 and take the first offer at $30,000. There is the exact same car, other than colour, here at a local dealership. They are asking $29,500 but that is without warranty. I have no problems believing I could get them to knock off $1000 off the top so I'd be out the door at $32,000. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bro. It's the cost of doing business on a new car that is no longer new.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can sell it and lose almost 15k or just ship it to your new location and be the super cool guy with a unique car
Old Jun 22, 2014, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by DjRags604
I'd say post it at $32,000 and take the first offer at $30,000. There is the exact same car, other than colour, here at a local dealership. They are asking $29,500 but that is without warranty. I have no problems believing I could get them to knock off $1000 off the top so I'd be out the door at $32,000. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bro. It's the cost of doing business on a new car that is no longer new.
Thanks for your advise, I think you are right on all counts.

My circumstances were not expected to change and that's why I bought this car in the first place. I love the car and I waited a better part of my life saving up for it. It is a very difficult situation for me. But life's ful of surprises and here I am...

I definitely have warranty and an extended one as well. I bought the premium protection plan for 7 years for an additional $2K. It covers everything and it is transferable to the next owner. Hopefully i can find someone who wants a brand new vehicle at much less.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by CFMP RAblue
You can sell it and lose almost 15k or just ship it to your new location and be the super cool guy with a unique car
I totally agree, it looks like it is going to cost me dearly. I cannot ship it with me cause where I am going they drive on the other (Left) side of the road and they wont allow me me to import it there...

Good to see someone with a Ralliart in Winnipeg, I am here too. .
Old Jun 22, 2014, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot for your feedback danike, appreciate you taking the time out to check the value for me.
I hope your sarcasm pays off, because you just lost $16,000... GLWS
Old Jun 22, 2014, 07:11 PM

I hope your sarcasm pays off, because you just lost $16,000... GLWS
Danike, for what's it worth, it was not sarcasm. I really meant to thank you. Can't help loosing the $16K anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 03:49 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, then I am truly sorry for the unexpected life events.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

Oh, then I am truly sorry for the unexpected life events.
No worries, let's hope I can get it sold soon. Thanks once again.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most extended warranties can be returned where you get credited back the prorated amount gets put back into the loan..
I would sell it without ext warranty (it still has the factory). and recoup some lost equity.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by neogeo64
Most extended warranties can be returned where you get credited back the prorated amount gets put back into the loan..
I would sell it without ext warranty (it still has the factory). and recoup some lost equity.
Thanks for the tip. I did call my warranty provider. I can only transfer the warranty to a new owner now. They allowed a refund within the first 30 days only and I am well past that time limit. Guess I will have to include the extended warranty with the sale. Seems I am really out of luck on this one.