Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

FOB and key not working. PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOB and key not working. SOLVED!

Hello,

I have a 2009 Ralliart. I started my car just like any other day. I got out to let it warm up. But when I went to go back in my car it wouldnt unlock. Checked the passenger side and nothing. So I tried to unlock it with my physical key and it wouldnt unlock. So nothing is unlocking my car. So I thought maybe the fob is dead, but the battery is good. ALSO it does unlock my trunk. So its just the two doors. Does anyone know a way to get through the trunk to the cabin? Has anyone seen this before. As of right now I am taking it to the dealership. Maybe they need to reset the fob. Any help would be greatful thanks.

Jason

Last edited by 2009RGRalliArt; Apr 19, 2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how are you putting the key in the door? are you attaching the FOB to it? if not, try that and see if it will unlock the door that way
Old Apr 18, 2016, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

If you couldn't get back in the car because it won't unlock, how are you taking it to the dealer?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 09:41 AM

So the tow truck driver got into my car and I was able to turn off my car. He said after about 10 minutes with the car being turned on it auto locks everything. Everything is working fine now. The FOB works now and the key works now. The one thing I learned from this is that when the car is on and locked you can NOT unlock it from the outside with the FOB or key. Kinda stupid if the key doesnt even unlock it.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2009RGRalliArt
So the tow truck driver got into my car and I was able to turn off my car. He said after about 10 minutes with the car being turned on it auto locks everything. Everything is working fine now. The FOB works now and the key works now. The one thing I learned from this is that when the car is on and locked you can NOT unlock it from the outside with the FOB or key. Kinda stupid if the key doesnt even unlock it.
Interesting! I've went out and warmed my car before, but I've never locked it, was always afraid something like that might happen. So, I'm glad I found out the easy way through someone else's pains.
On a serious note, that's kind of ignorant that it wouldn't let you back in the car even with the FOB or key. I get the whole auto locking thing, but again not too let you back in the car is no bueno.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm surprised the car let you lock itself while it was started if the fob was outside unless you shut the door and manually locked it with the key. This is why I bought a remote start to save me these troubles lol
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:42 AM

i don't think this is true...i have a 2011 and it certainly does NOT autolock after any period of time unless the programming was messed with.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:30 AM

Yeah...I don't think mine autolocks either and I have a 2013
Old Jun 19, 2020, 02:31 AM

Thumbs up Solution

Locksmith here. Had an issue wher fob doesn’t work. And the key didn’t open This solved q issue. .If someone previously removed the lock it could be they never aligned the tail piece that pulls the rod holding the lock by the handle inside. Open your door and there’s a small cap on the door by the lock take of the nut with a proper tool and then pull out the lock. You will se a slot where it looks Lira flathead screwdriver tip entrance. Use a screwdriver and twist. If it locks and unlocks the car, then reinsert the lock aiming the tailpiecemstraight. It has some wiggle so be patient and slowly insert it till it opens with the key.