Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Ralliart Project

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2011 Ralliart Project

Hey Guys what's going on! Long time lurker here, decided to finally post up my Ralliart project and its upcoming makeover!

To start off, I have a 2011 Ralliart, Apex silver.

I wasn't much of a gear head When I first got the car but I must say, this forum has helped me understand our cars inside-out. After lurking I decided to begin my Modding process in 2016 and here's the current list of mods to date.

- ultimate racing single exit cat back
- ultimate racing test pipe
- turbo smart BOV
- AEM intake
- Ultimate racing UICP
- ultimate racing LICP
- stock Evo x intercooler
- accessport

I've been driving my car for a few months with the listed Mods and using a stage 3 OTS tune from Cobb... I know, I know.. dangerous. During this time my car would not pass 13 PSI, and figured the issue is the unsupported Mods so I drove my car as is and never had an issue.

I didn't want to get a pro tune until I knew my car was at 110%, this included transmission oil change which automatically stresses you out if you're not in warranty anymore. After finally doing the change of transmission oil ($480 later) It was time for a pro tune. I live in North Jersey and I've always known who I wanted to take my car to for a tune, which is Sean Ivey at IveyTune. Took my car there 3 days ago, only to get a call back from Sean telling me the car can't be tuned... because of an exhaust leak!! Told you I have bad luck, had Sean lift up the car and pinpoint the problem, get a call a few minutes later to hear I have a cracked exhaust manifold.(explains the 13 PSI limit)

Looked online for a stock ralliart manifold but kept hearing how common it is for them to crack, along with their ~$500 price tag, the Evo x turbo swap idea kicked in.

So on the spot, went on EBay, purchased a Evo x stock turbo with 9K miles, went on MAP and bought their conversion kit, purchased inlet and outlet pipes ANNNNDDDDD purchased the MAP tubular exhaust manifold, also forgot I purchased an ETS open dump down pipe with o2 housing. Waiting on all parts to come in so I can take it back to Sean and have install and tune. Not going to lie.. pretty damn excited about this.

Will keep you guys updated on the progress with the Ralliart, especially with a dyno chart. lets see how this goes!! Is there anybody running a similar setup? What numbers should I expect? I may not want to pass 300tq due to transmission slippage (next mod?)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Download S-Sport Mode or have Sean Ivey do it for you at the time of the tune. I highly recommend doing that anytime you are increasing HP and TQ on these cars to reduce clutch slippage.

Last edited by Slee256; Feb 26, 2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Just have them tune for 300ft lbs torque.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome project! I was wondering, when you installed the AEM intake, what other mods did you have installed at that point? Did you run into any issues installing it?