Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Engine Grenaded on Dyno

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Just a quick question, I'm curious to know if they stole your original engine and trans out of your car ?

And replaced it with someone else's blown up motor because they seen a sucker coming !!!
Check all your VIN numbers.
Ask me how I know
Old Mar 27, 2017, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just re-read your post in the Evo section... You guys are in TO and didn't go to Magnus? I hear they are number one in eastern Canada for EVOs and GTRs... A friend of mine went there and he couldn't be happier.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
One of the reasons of why my RA is and will be always slow.
That is a lot of money that was throw away.

I hope it gets resolved soon.
The following users liked this post:
BlackMamba88 (Mar 28, 2017)
Old Mar 28, 2017, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

What is the name of the shop? If I ever get near one of them I'll give 'em a blast of **** and at the very least we can boycott this shop and hopefully he and his family will slowly starve to death 😆
Old Mar 29, 2017, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lonestarr20
Just a quick question, I'm curious to know if they stole your original engine and trans out of your car ?

And replaced it with someone else's blown up motor because they seen a sucker coming !!!
Check all your VIN numbers.
Ask me how I know
This happened to me last year by a shop in South Florida.. Ended up going to another shop that works primarily on Evo's to get a re-tune where it blew and we quickly realized the motor was not the original motor i had in the car, the transfer case had been JB welded and transmission was also not the original in the car. 13K later and i am back to a 288whp ralliart. Good luck with the resolution!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:52 AM

Check the paperwork!

Look at all invoices and anything they had you sign like release forms. The more documentation you have the better. You may have signed a form that completely releases the shop of all responsibility for ANYTHING that happens to the car while in their possession. Not sure how it's works in OT but in Texas once you leave the location with the car it's all on you. I would carefully read over paperwork to make sure he didn't have you sign something that waves his responsibility. When it comes to tuning shops, good research is not enough. You have to trust these people with the second largest investment of your life. I would also call a top notch shop like KOZMIC and ask for advice from a reputable shops point of veiw. Good luck with your search and I'm sorry to hear about your predicament.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tmccabe
I would also call a top notch shop like KOZMIC and ask for advice from a reputable shops point of veiw.
I haven't dealt with KOZMIC myself but I believe you, that they are reputable and I was thinking the same advice, though laws are regionally different so preferably a reputable local shop(within the same legal jurisdiction).
Old Mar 30, 2017, 04:49 PM
RZA

There is always 2 sides of a story, since Blown Ralliart and Cody have completely made up this story I’ll post up the FACTS and what happened and what Cody has not mentioned.

Cody Emery dropped the car off for a 20G turbo install and a dyno tune. Up until the day he dropped it off he was having electrical problems as he just relocated his battery to the trunk. First thing first he installed the battery the wrong way and caused an electrical short. (I have saved a screenshot of Cody messaging me about this on Facebook). The car had to be towed to Mitsubishi where they figured out his electrical problems. The next day the car was brought to me. While I was trying to bring the car into the bay, it would not start up and started acting up on me. I messaged Cody about this on Facebook (again I have screenshots of our conversation).
I basically had not even started working on the car yet and it had electrical gremlins. Cody insisted that everything was ok. I installed the turbo and tuned the car to a whopping 383 WHP and 328 ft lbs of torque. While on the dyno, his car acted up on me a few times and would not start. Again I mentioned this to Cody (I love all my Facebook screenshots of our conversation,where are all of your Cody?). Another thing to note is Cody’s did not even mount the Positive power bar in the engine bay. He just had it dangling everywhere potentially causing it to short out. Again Cody insists that the electrical is ok. Cody asked me to tune the car to make 400WHPand 330 ft lbs of torque (again I have proof with Facebook screenshots of Cody’s request). Anything more than 383 WHP and the car would pick up knock which I mentioned to him, so 383 WHP and 328 ft lbs of torque it was on a pig rich barely any timing tune.

Car was taken off the dyno and while it was being parked it had a back fire and a small electrical spark and smoke in the engine bay, more than likely caused from his power wire shorting out everywhere. In the morning when Cody came to pick up the car he paid the bill and I mentioned the issues it was having. This was on a Wednesday, I mentioned to Cody I wouldn’t be able to get the car back in the bay till Friday to be able to look at it all in the intention of helping Cody out.
Cody decided to show up Thursday morning pretty upset and tows the car home. As soon as he got home I started getting harassing nd threatening phone calls from Cody and his friends for the rest of the day. As I am trying to run a business I blocked each and every one of those numbers.
Since Cody and his friends have decided to call my cell phone up and harass me and text me all sort of hideous names and threats I have no choice but to block him on Facebook. We have reported the harassment to Durham Regional Police. Since then Cody has made no attempt to call my cell phone, e-mail me, or even come to the shop to resolve the issue. All he has done is bash me on public forums, Facebook, harassment and threatened court action on something he didn’t even try to resolve with me.
I have taken extensive pictures of Cody’s electrical job and his power wires basically arcing against the transmission. I also have all the Facebook screenshots of Cody’s electrical issues right up to the moment and while the car was at my shop. I basically made a nice file here with proof of everything Cody did not mention. You guys would have a nice laugh if I post up picture of his electrical job. Since this has become a police matter and something that might end up in court, I will save the pictures of Cody’selectrical job and his Facebook messages for that moment.
Basically proof of everything that happened and proof of all the events which he purposely left out. I don’t think I need to post anything else.

Oh and Rallifast if you have something to say the name of my shop is Dynotune Racing and I am located at 1031 Toy Ave in Pickering. Please do stop by, I'm pretty interested to know what you want to say , LMFAO

Thanks
Reza Mirza
Dynotune Racing

Last edited by RZA; Mar 30, 2017 at 05:02 PM. Reason: edit
Old Mar 31, 2017, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
RZA, lets assume you are saying the whole true. Next time save your butt and dont modify a car with mechanical or electrical problems unless they are solved before.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 07:17 AM

I don't know who was calling you reza or "harassing you" ive only contactes you via fb and ig.

As per the battery issue mitsu checked it out and fixed the fusible link. Checked over the electrical. And cleared it. As for the positive cable. I had it out of the way because he had to install the injen intake to go along with the x turbo. He installed the intake by pressing down the positive wire towards the bottom of the car and near the negative. The injen intake also came with a heat shield that was in the trunk to be installed along with it, also a synapse bov which he failed to install when he said he would.
As for number request. I did say 400. But I also said to him he's the tuner and would know what's best. As per a short in the electrical. The vehicle still has power. If something electrical were to happen as you state. The fusible links would have blown. I still have wipers and radio locks etc. Electrical won't blow rods and put a hole in the block. Also if drp was contacted. They would have advised you to stop all contact. That means you should not have replied to my question as to why you blocked me on IG. As per time frame of looking at my damaged vehicle you originally said late Saturday or sunday. The insident happed tuesday night in your hands. Only until I complained Wednesday afternoon and said thats unexceptable did you change the date to Friday "if you had the time"

Intake https://imgur.com/gallery/M3Sde
Old Mar 31, 2017, 09:28 AM

Wow..

Last edited by comced; Mar 31, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RZA
[Oh and Rallifast if you have something to say the name of my shop is Dynotune Racing and I am located at 1031 Toy Ave in Pickering. Please do stop by, I'm pretty interested to know what you want to say , LMFAO
That's fair enough, I know there two sides to every story and I'm curious to see how this plays out, seems both sides made some mistakes and at least one side is covering something up.

Last edited by RalliFast; Mar 31, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 03:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Some of you people need to start using spell check.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 03:17 PM

Thats great RZA that you were able to find the thread.

Do you mind posting the data log from your tuning session? I am still having trouble believing the car backfired while being parked in the parking lot and this is where the damage occurred, not on your dyno, lol.

Is your shop so busy that you did not even have the time to pop the hood and notice the hole blown in the intake manifold or the cracked block? I am surprised a reputable tuner is unable to see these signs of damage, Cody's wife was able to point it out!

So you noticed a battery connection you were unhappy with and after installing a turbo and prior to running you did not address this concern? I know of many reputable tuners that utilize a check list and only tune once the car is satisfactory to them. Are you implying the battery was the cause of such severe engine damage. I did speak with a very reputable engine builder in the GTA who I may be able to have come on here who feels strongly that a backfire would not be representative of this damage, he is confident it occurred while at full RPM/boost on your dyno.

Please post the datalog, boost graph, and conversations.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by blownralliart
Thats great RZA that you were able to find the thread.

Do you mind posting the data log from your tuning session? I am still having trouble believing the car backfired while being parked in the parking lot and this is where the damage occurred, not on your dyno, lol.

Is your shop so busy that you did not even have the time to pop the hood and notice the hole blown in the intake manifold or the cracked block? I am surprised a reputable tuner is unable to see these signs of damage, Cody's wife was able to point it out!

So you noticed a battery connection you were unhappy with and after installing a turbo and prior to running you did not address this concern? I know of many reputable tuners that utilize a check list and only tune once the car is satisfactory to them. Are you implying the battery was the cause of such severe engine damage. I did speak with a very reputable engine builder in the GTA who I may be able to have come on here who feels strongly that a backfire would not be representative of this damage, he is confident it occurred while at full RPM/boost on your dyno.

Please post the datalog, boost graph, and conversations.
In for the datalog.

Quick Reply: Engine Grenaded on Dyno