Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Crash bar cover

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash bar cover

Does anyone know if the black part under the top grill is removable? As in not part of the bumper? PO screwed a plate into it and would like to replace it without having to replace the bumper. Thanks in advance
Old Jun 27, 2017, 09:05 PM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it might be part of the bumper skin (unlike the Evo X, where it is a separate part).

Mach V used to sell a piece with vents to go in that part (I think you had to cut the bumper skin to install it), but it isn't available anymore as far as I know:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...tercooler.html
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by c08
I think it might be part of the bumper skin (unlike the Evo X, where it is a separate part).

Mach V used to sell a piece with vents to go in that part (I think you had to cut the bumper skin to install it), but it isn't available anymore as far as I know:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...tercooler.html
That's what I'm afraid of, was hoping it was like the evo. I'll just have to deal with it or find a way to match the texture and plastic weld it in. No vents for this guy
Old Jun 28, 2017, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sighs
That's what I'm afraid of, was hoping it was like the evo. I'll just have to deal with it or find a way to match the texture and plastic weld it in. No vents for this guy
I'm In the same boat, I keep saying I'm going to put some stickers over the holes.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by DWILSON357
I'm In the same boat, I keep saying I'm going to put some stickers over the holes.
I've seen that they do have little black plugs for times like these, but man that looks tacky. I would just fill them and wrap it in flat black but my concern is the flat black won't match the rest of the grill area. Small things like that drive me insane