Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tire Pressure

My "Low tire pressure" light came on today so I refilled all 4 tires and decided to go with 40psi in the fronts and 37psi in the rears. The first thing I noticed is that the car "tracks" much better(no "pull" to the left like it was doing previously). Do these psi numbers seem pretty good to you guys? I know the door-jam says to set all 4 tires at 35 psi, but are there any major concerns about going up to 40psi in the front and 37psi in the rear like I did? Anybody have any other recommendations for front and rear cold pressure settings that have worked well for them?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Its too subjective to really suggest anything. If You are running high efficiency tires for example you will run much higher pressures than a set of good year eagles.

The thing to watch out for is irregular wear. I always take a yellow paint marker and put a few lines on each tire when I'm figuring out what pressure to run. You want that line to wear off evenly for regular road driving.

I wouldn't worry tooooo much with those pressures but your tire manufacturer knows better than any of us will. See what their website says.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
You'll likely be wearing out the center of the tire much faster than the edges if you overinflate them.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You should be setting tire pressures to the cold pressure listed on the placard in the door jam if you're running stock size tires.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DWILSON357
Its too subjective to really suggest anything. If You are running high efficiency tires for example you will run much higher pressures than a set of good year eagles.

The thing to watch out for is irregular wear. I always take a yellow paint marker and put a few lines on each tire when I'm figuring out what pressure to run. You want that line to wear off evenly for regular road driving.

I wouldn't worry tooooo much with those pressures but your tire manufacturer knows better than any of us will. See what their website says.
The paint marker thing is genius! I never thought about doing that. Well done sir