Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fair price for my 09' Ralliart Stock

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fair price for my 09' Ralliart Stock

Hello everyone,

This is my first post as I just signed up and have been a 09 Ralliart owner for 2 years now. Let me start by saying this car is very fun to drive and its completely stock... I haven't done anything to it (besides mudflaps) as I use it as my daily driver.

About 2 months ago the SST transmission failed, well shift fork broke resulting in only odd gears working and the clutch was pretty much about to go as well. So I had the shift fork replaced, rebuilt the clutch at an impressive garage and it runs better than when I first got it.. looking to sell and want something newer. The car has about 150,000km, I bought it with 110,000km, did the tranny flush once before it went on me and treated it well over all.

So just wondering guys.. Whats a fair price to sell this car at considering the transmission/clutch is rebuilt?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies!
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome aboard & great to have you on the boards w/us on EvOM

Im a EvO9 owner so not familiar w/the RA. Hopefully, the guys will chime in w/some answers

Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by rallykang
Hello everyone,

This is my first post as I just signed up and have been a 09 Ralliart owner for 2 years now. Let me start by saying this car is very fun to drive and its completely stock... I haven't done anything to it (besides mudflaps) as I use it as my daily driver.

About 2 months ago the SST transmission failed, well shift fork broke resulting in only odd gears working and the clutch was pretty much about to go as well. So I had the shift fork replaced, rebuilt the clutch at an impressive garage and it runs better than when I first got it.. looking to sell and want something newer. The car has about 150,000km, I bought it with 110,000km, did the tranny flush once before it went on me and treated it well over all.

So just wondering guys.. Whats a fair price to sell this car at considering the transmission/clutch is rebuilt?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies!

To a smart buyer as long as you have receipts, there is no reason that should turn them off. In fact its probably a bonus if the shop is reputable and competent.
The following users liked this post:
DontStopMe (Feb 12, 2018)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I see you're from Milton - I actually work in Milton, Thompson & Nipissing area. Not 100% sure on the going price for the Ralliart but the mileage isn't terribly high, and if the transmission and clutches are good now and you have paperwork I can't see that hurting the price. It's not the same thing as having the car smashed and fixed, that takes from the value.

I must ask though, where in Milton did you go to get work done on the transmission? I have a few friends with MR's locally and they always ask me if I know a place that can touch the SST. And I don't, but would love to know somebody local that does it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter your thread
Old Feb 20, 2018, 07:14 AM

Hey man,

This shop is based out of Barrie, which I still consider local cause a lot of people don't know these trans/clutches very well at all but this guy does!

Steve
2865 Highway 11
Barrie , ON L0L 2X0
Phone: 289-987-0926

The following users liked this post:
six40 (Feb 20, 2018)
Old Mar 2, 2018, 07:58 AM

Hello, you will need 15 days as a member & 15 qualified posts to post a FS thread & it must be in the proper forum. Thanks, EVOM Forum Staff

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Mar 3, 2018 at 02:19 PM.