License Plate removal - screws won't turn - snapping back after a quarter turn - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Lancer Ralliart Forums > 09+ Lancer Ralliart General
Reload this Page >

License Plate removal - screws won't turn - snapping back after a quarter turn

Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Old Apr 3, 2018, 07:19 AM

Anyone know how the hell to get these screws off? I get them about a quarter turn and they just snap back to the starting position. I've never had this issue on a car ever.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 02:38 PM

You might try pushing against the back side of he screw with a flat head while turning it, could help it come out. Just be careful not to scratch the paint while doing it.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

They are rubber expandable nuts, they are a pain in the a$$ when they don't work, your best bet is to drop the undertray and reach and grab the back of it with pliers
Old Apr 9, 2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by DWILSON357 View Post
They are rubber expandable nuts, they are a pain in the a$$ when they don't work, your best bet is to drop the undertray and reach and grab the back of it with pliers
Thanks i tried the pliers and it wasn't working. Finally ordered new ones online which just showed up this weekend. once it warms up i think i'mma try and just pull out the old plugs and see if i can get the new ones to get in and then just use the new ones. What a stupid design though!