EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   Is this a reasonable price to tell the dealer? Canada prices (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/432034-reasonable-price-tell-dealer-canada-prices.html)

ĴaiŠyn Jul 6, 2009 06:43 PM

Is this a reasonable price to tell the dealer? Canada prices

I was wondering if $30,000 (with Premium PKG & Tax Included) is a good price to tell the dealer? The premium alone is $5000. So is this price ok? Too high/low? Please state a reasonable price that they might accept with Premium PKG & Tax included, I'm looking around the $30,000 range don't really want to push a lot higher.

C H Jul 6, 2009 07:25 PM

Well they want $40k for the car plus taxes, so if they sell you it for $30k with taxes they are going to loss over $14k to sell you the car. I'm sure you can do the math and know they won't do it. 5% off or $2K might be a little more in line.

laksman91 Jul 6, 2009 07:51 PM

I think 35,000 with prem and tax not included will be a goal to aim for.

ĴaiŠyn Jul 6, 2009 07:56 PM

At the dealers they actually sell it for almost $33,000. The base MSRP is 26,690. Also I have read some threads that some get it for 22,000....24,000....and 25,000. Well maybe $33,000 including taxes & premium PKG is a reasonable price?

kal0051 Jul 6, 2009 08:37 PM

the msrp for the ralliart with the premium package in canada is about $40k, so I HIGHLY doubt I dealer will let one go for 33k. I was thinking about 37k would be a good place, maybe even 36k (though I doubt I could get it for that).

A lot of the threads on here are from americans and their cars are a lot less expensive than in canada.

Jyrk Jul 6, 2009 09:21 PM

you will not see a prem pkg Canadian RA for under 37k. you will be hard pressed to even see a basic RA for under 33k. iam interesed in what you can get one for tho keep us posted.. good luck! {thumbup}

kal0051 Jul 6, 2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jyrk (Post 7251832)
you will not see a prem pkg Canadian RA for under 37k. you will be hard pressed to even see a basic RA for under 33k. iam interesed in what you can get one for tho keep us posted.. good luck! {thumbup}

it depends a lot on the dealer. I went into one dealer, he showed me the msrp, then immediately knocked a grand off the price. And this was before any negotiations so I'm sure there's some more flexibility there. So I think 37-38k for a premium one is a good offer, but anything less than that will just be laughed at.

To the OP, if $30k is your price limit try looking at a civic si, their pretty nice and will fit your budget.

ĴaiŠyn Jul 6, 2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by kal0051 (Post 7251851)
it depends a lot on the dealer. I went into one dealer, he showed me the msrp, then immediately knocked a grand off the price. And this was before any negotiations so I'm sure there's some more flexibility there. So I think 37-38k for a premium one is a good offer, but anything less than that will just be laughed at.

To the OP, if $30k is your price limit try looking at a civic si, their pretty nice and will fit your budget.

Well 30k is really what i would prefer to spend. Max is 40k though, but dont really want to spend that much on a car. Btw 37-38k is with the premium and tax included right? Would 36k sound ridiculous?

Also thanks a lot for everyones opinions, much appreciated. {thumbup}

Jyrk Jul 6, 2009 09:43 PM

39k is sticker around here.. not sure what you can talk them down.

kal0051 Jul 6, 2009 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ĴaiŠyn (Post 7251883)
Well 30k is really what i would prefer to spend. Max is 40k though, but dont really want to spend that much on a car. Btw 37-38k is with the premium and tax included right? Would 36k sound ridiculous?

Also thanks a lot for everyones opinions, much appreciated. {thumbup}

those prices are before tax, since I don't know which province you live in I can't give a accurate price with tax. And yes 36k with premium package would sound ridiculous, but you can always try. If I were you I'd go with the base RA, you could probably get one for 33k before tax. But try going to a dealer, then them you'll buy a RA with premium that day but you only want to pay 37-38k and see what they say.

kal0051 Jul 6, 2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jyrk (Post 7251899)
39k is sticker around here.. not sure what you can talk them down.

you can always talk them down, but you can usually only get a couple grand off, not 10k

ĴaiŠyn Jul 6, 2009 10:08 PM

Well I went to a dealer like 2 weeks ago just to get a quick figure on the prices and stuff. I have the sheet he gave me as reference and it says the MSRP is 32, 998. When he added all that other stuff such as FRT + PDI, AIR TAX, FUEL TAX, ADMIN it totalled to 35,918. with taxes it became $40,587.
Isn't the MSRP for states like 26k or something? if so then some people negotiated below the MSRP. So was wondering if i can get it for 36-37K with premium PKG before taxes. So basically onl getting a 1-2k discount because the PKG cost $5000, since the MSRP is close to 33k. would it be possible to purchase the Premium PKG installment later after i buy my car? or it has to be purchased at the time i buy my car? I was wondering if i can purchase the basic ralliart without premium. then maybe 1-2 years if possible i can go to my dealer and purchase the premium PKG.

kal0051 Jul 6, 2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by ĴaiŠyn (Post 7251982)
Well I went to a dealer like 2 weeks ago just to get a quick figure on the prices and stuff. I have the sheet he gave me as reference and it says the MSRP is 32, 998. When he added all that other stuff such as FRT + PDI, AIR TAX, FUEL TAX, ADMIN it totalled to 35,918. with taxes it became $40,587.
Isn't the MSRP for states like 26k or something? if so then some people negotiated below the MSRP. So was wondering if i can get it for 36-37K with premium PKG before taxes. So basically onl getting a 1-2k discount because the PKG cost $5000, since the MSRP is close to 33k. would it be possible to purchase the Premium PKG installment later after i buy my car? or it has to be purchased at the time i buy my car? I was wondering if i can purchase the basic ralliart without premium. then maybe 1-2 years if possible i can go to my dealer and purchase the premium PKG.

you can't add the premium package later on. Imo 37-38k before tax is a fair offer, so try with that. But be aware that you'll have to be prepared to sign the deal that day, otherwise they won't really be willing to negotiate with someone that's not prepared to buy (that's why they always quote msrp).

dfo Jul 6, 2009 10:33 PM

I got my RA with the premium package 41K drive off the lot, everything (taxes, pdi, etc.) included.

Use Car Cost Canada if you want the dealer invoice cost. That is the best negotiation tool you are going to get, aside from finding a dealer most motivated to make up their numbers.

AdamRA Jul 6, 2009 11:05 PM

They are expensive..... near 40 k might as well get the EVO ?

It would be nice to have that coin to toss around. :updown: