EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   CBRD- RAD Full and other bits (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/684886-cbrd-rad-full-other-bits.html)

CBRD Mar 6, 2014 07:44 AM

CBRD- RAD Full and other bits

Just to let everyone know- we havent stopped pushing our development of the stock housing RAD turbo for those that dont want to switch to the evo X setup- (for various reason)-

We aren't saying that isnt a viable option (as often argued) but many want the 100% OEM ralliart look-

We are testing a RAD FULL design next week- that adds a new aero turbine upgrade to the existing RAD LITE comp and wastegate upgrade-

We will post results-

Also- our EVO X and RA intercoolers are now slightly larger- and have nicer tanks than previously due to some revisions made in our production process!

I will post pictures shortly!

Cheers

cb

ralliart1 Mar 6, 2014 08:08 AM

Can't wait to see the results!

DAN123AC Mar 6, 2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ralliart1 (Post 11136737)
Can't wait to see the results!

I can't wait either !! Its my car he currently working on for the new turbo lol. I am so excited I cant stand it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Pirana Mar 6, 2014 12:35 PM

Cool

Corrupter Mar 6, 2014 01:47 PM

Can't wait for the results! I've been trying to decide between RAD Lite and X swap for quite some time now. Favoring the fast spool of the RAD, but wish I could get another 40-50 HP out of it. Any predictions on the spool and HP capabilities of the RAD Full vs Lite?

DAN123AC Mar 6, 2014 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11137105)
Can't wait for the results! I've been trying to decide between RAD Lite and X swap for quite some time now. Favoring the fast spool of the RAD, but wish I could get another 40-50 HP out of it. Any predictions on the spool and HP capabilities of the RAD Full vs Lite?

I talked to Chad about that and asked the same question. He told me a few things but being that this is the first time the turbo is going to be tested nothing can be said for sure about what will happen yet until after it is installed and hits the dyno.

One thing that Chad did tell me was the purpose of the upgrade was to also increase efficiency of the turbo.

If everything goes as planned as soon as I pick my car up ill post all the wonderful data and mods list for everyone to see.

Slee256 Mar 6, 2014 06:35 PM

So, what exactly are ALL the differences between the RAD lite and RAD full? I'm kind of confused now.:confused:

Slee256 Mar 6, 2014 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD (Post 11136706)
Also- our EVO X and RA intercoolers are now slightly larger- and have nicer tanks than previously due to some revisions made in our production process!

That's little consolation to those of us(like me) who bought the original CBRD Ralliart specific FMIC when it first came out a couple years ago!:lol:

Corrupter Mar 7, 2014 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256 (Post 11137335)
So, what exactly are ALL the differences between the RAD lite and RAD full? I'm kind of confused now.:confused:

+1

Did I miss an earlier thread that explains the concept behind this prototype?

DAN123AC Mar 7, 2014 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11138206)
+1

Did I miss an earlier thread that explains the concept behind this prototype?

Chad told me but I will let him chime in and explain. He is the better person to explain it to everyone :)

CBRD Mar 8, 2014 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Slee256 (Post 11137339)
That's little consolation to those of us(like me) who bought the original CBRD Ralliart specific FMIC when it first came out a couple years ago!:lol:

There is no affect on performance-

its simply a production change to make things more efficient for us with production-

your core is capable of 700+hp- have you hit that limit yet?? ;)

cb

Egal44ARock Mar 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Maybe ill need to think about getting the RAD Full in the future if all comes out good. CBRD have been great even tho im not even near them. always looking at what could be added next but still stay true to being a Ralliart rather than an EVO X look-a-like

Z_2_Ralli Mar 13, 2014 12:52 PM

CBRD,

If I wanted to do the upgrade on my ralliart turbo, should I wait until CBRD full is complete and available?

DAN123AC Mar 13, 2014 03:13 PM

I know many of you have sent me PMs and are wondering the status of the Rad Full install . Chad is currently putting the finishing touches on everything. I will have my car back soon. I will be posting a full video, picture and written review for all to see. I will go over all the details and how everything feels, works etc.
As always CBRD continues to amaze me. They really are on top of the game. I urge all of you to support Chad and his great company. It is through the success of CBRD that we may continue to benefit with all the wonderful advances for our cars.

Veronica Mar 14, 2014 08:27 AM

[:drool:]

robertg Mar 16, 2014 07:36 AM

Nice to see there is still development going on with the RA's.

Snipingdude Mar 18, 2014 08:08 AM

Im going to assume based on Chad's post on FB that youre making 301? Thats very impressive, when you are ready to post, please include all your mods and also if you get to track it, let us know your times!!!{thumbup}:D

DAN123AC Mar 18, 2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snipingdude (Post 11148717)
Im going to assume based on Chad's post on FB that youre making 301? Thats very impressive, when you are ready to post, please include all your mods and also if you get to track it, let us know your times!!!{thumbup}:D

You would be correct.

Chad emailed me the numbers today. I will be creating a thread and explaining in detail everything. Mods, experience, dyno data, my past and present dealings with CBRD and so on. I pick it up tomorrow and will post video as well. It will be a long post tomorrow but I will let you guys know my final numbers now I suppose haha

301whp/306wtq

Slee256 Mar 18, 2014 06:14 PM

Why create a whole new thread? Just post it here....

CBRD Mar 19, 2014 09:22 AM

Here is daniels chart- i blocked out the name/license plate info-

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/...psb780361e.jpg

You can see- it has virtually identical spool to stock- if not better- and running same PEAK psi- as stock- but holds about 4 more psi up top- this is with about 70% WGDC on a boost pill upgrade- whereas the stock turbo and actuator were at 100%-

55% WGDC at peak torque- 7 degrees at peak torque- 17 up top-

Comments welcome-

cb

Veronica Mar 19, 2014 09:47 AM

Oo

Truly Awesome!

What is total cost?

khami Mar 19, 2014 04:14 PM

Would you recommend a 3 port? Seeing a lot of RAD upgrade with boost pill just wondering if no one is getting it because they don't see a need for it. Would only benefit with one I assume.

DAN123AC Mar 19, 2014 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by khami (Post 11150578)
Would you recommend a 3 port? Seeing a lot of RAD upgrade with boost pill just wondering if no one is getting it because they don't see a need for it. Would only benefit with one I assume.

No benefit is gained from a 3 port. Chad explained this to me in detail but I was told It would be money not needed to be spent. I do not remember what he said exactly but it made sense for sure.

DAN123AC Mar 19, 2014 06:17 PM

So I picked up my car today and the Rad Full install is complete. I will post a review tomorrow on this thread. VERY exciting things to report so stay tuned :)

Slee256 Mar 19, 2014 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11149259)
301whp/306wtq

Look like Chad dialed back the torque just a bit compared to your previous stated value above.

Slee256 Mar 19, 2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD (Post 11150037)
Comments welcome-

I'm still waiting for a detailed explanation of the differences between a RAD Lite and a RAD Full. I think that would be a great place to start.:)

CBRD Mar 20, 2014 09:50 AM

RAD lite is compressor and WGA upgrade only (beefed up bearings if damaged)

RAD full adds a new aero turbine wheel too!!

the car was overlayed with the last time it was here- that is the chart displayed- therefor torque is similar at peak- +55 hp top- along with HP

hope this helps-

sorry on dyno ;)

cb

DAN123AC Mar 21, 2014 01:03 PM

Hello everyone,

I know many of you have been wanting to know how everything went and how the Rad Full turbo performs. For those of you who have not been to or dealt with CBRD yet I urge you to read all this info as I highly recommend you become a customer.

First of all this is not my first time having work done by CBRD. I have been there in the past and the reason I continue to go I will discuss below. Many of the things I will cover too many shops overlook and do not consider important in their business.

Communication- Long before doing anything to my car Chad had Constant communication with me via email and giving me phone calls when I just had too many questions and needed to talk to him. I had planned to have so many mods installed and add all these things to the car. I told Chad what I wanted to do and he informed me all the extra mods I had in mind were not needed to achieve what I wanted. This speaks volumes of Chad because he could have just told me sure ill install them and charge me all the labor but he didn't do that. He told me just what I needed and only what I needed. Chad does not waste time with extra nonsense or things that don't give you what your looking for. If you have something you want done to your car he will tell you what you need and only that. Chad does not waste peoples time or money and guides you through the whole process from start to finish. If you have questions or have plans and you want quality work done I would tell you to talk to Chad first. He saved me a lot of money by not using mods I did not need.

The CBRD facility,
If you have never been to visit the CBRD building you need to make a point to do so. Chads shop is like no other I have ever seen. What you will find inside is the most state of the art, clean, and well put together performance center you can possibly have. If you go on their website you can see just a fraction of what it is like to be there. You will not find a single drop or fuel or oil of any kind on the floor. Tools, equipment, floors, displays are all spotless. In fact saying that CBRD is clean and well put together is an understatement its incredible. This is not a garage. It is a high performance shop where people mean business and are the best in the business PERIOD. There is game rooms and driving simulators, There is a children's entertainment room in case your children need a place to go while you are having your car being worked on, There is a kitchen that has drinks provided as well as water coolers and a microwave, There is display cases in the main lobby showcasing Chads racing achievements through his life, Also in the main lobby Chad has many of the parts he makes on display that get their own pedestal and showcase light, There is a tv room with couches and chairs as well as reading material which again show Chads impressive accomplishments, I could go on and on and explain even more that is impressive about his facility but there is just so much it is hard to put into words. You just need to see for yourself and then you will understand he means business and is a cut above the rest.

The RAD FULL TURBO
Chad is always working on new projects and ways to improve past and present products that he already has. One of the most recent improvements was the introduction of the Rad Full turbo which is a upgrade from the Rad lite. If you look at the post the Chad made above in the thread he explains the main differences. The biggest gain in my opinion was not just performance, but a turbo that is highly efficient. Being able to run lower boost and still get the same effect is a very important aspect in turbo charged cars. I can't not possibly say enough about how amazing the Rad turbo is to have on your car. Rad lite or Rad full the benefits and power behind this turbo are very quickly noticed the moment you drive the car. If you have ever had the chance to drive an EVO and a Ralliart the differences are night and day in the turbos. The Rad turbo out spools the standard EVO turbo at a rate that is unbelievable. The moment you press on the throttle the car is ready to go instantly. With the Rad Turbo lag just seems like a thing of the past. By the time the person you are racing at the track Is spooled up you are already 4 car lengths ahead of them. Having a turbo that spools quickly is very important if you are competing or racing and that immediate power is needed. If there is anyone that is in the Maryland area or even close and you would like to test drive my Ralliart to see for yourself I would be more than willing to let someone do that. As far as the sound of the turbo there is also a very big difference. As you speed up you can hear the wonderful whistling sound that was not as loud as before. When you really get on the throttle you can really hear that baby spin with an aggressive hum that just says to on lookers I HAVE BOOST :) When it comes to the Rad turbo series no matter what route you choose Rad lite or Rad full I promise you will not be disappointed. It will meet and exceed your expectations hands down and will put you ahead of the competition.

Chad Block,
From the moment that you talk to Chad you will quickly learn he is unlike any other person in the business. Chad is the kind of person who does not treat you like a customer but he treats you like a old friend. He always calls you by name and remembers you and what you have talked about. He actually pays attention to your wants and needs and will cover every aspect of them in detail. A prime example of this is when I went to pick up my car from his shop. As Chad and I sat there in his TV room relaxing on his comfy chairs he went over every detail about what was done with my car. Chad explained each thing that was changed in the tune and how it related to what was done. If I did not understand something he would be more than happy to explain it. If I had other questions again he had no problem going into detail about it. All of these things is what truly sets him and his business apart from the rest. CBRD as a whole is the way all performance shops should be in this business. I am more than happy to say I am part of the CBRD family. Chad and his hard working employees have earned themselves a lifetime customer.

First we will be the best
Then we will be the first

That is the CBRD motto. That is the way it was meant to be. I can't thank Chad and his team enough for all their efforts and work. I look forward to all the future business I will do with them.

Corrupter Mar 21, 2014 01:20 PM

That's an impressive write up! Do you have a full list of mods posted somewhere? I'd love to see it, so I can calculate the rough cost to duplicate your setup. I'm strongly considering this turbo, because my RA is my DD, and I really enjoy short sprints and would benefit from the fast spool. 350 WHP was always my goal, but Chad's dyno is on the conservative side and I think I'd rather have 300 on a RAD than 350 on an Evo X style turbo with more lag.

DAN123AC Mar 21, 2014 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11152565)
That's an impressive write up! Do you have a full list of mods posted somewhere? I'd love to see it, so I can calculate the rough cost to duplicate your setup. I'm strongly considering this turbo, because my RA is my DD, and I really enjoy short sprints and would benefit from the fast spool. 350 WHP was always my goal, but Chad's dyno is on the conservative side and I think I'd rather have 300 on a RAD than 350 on an Evo X style turbo with more lag.

MODS

TurboXS EvoX Front Mount Intercooler

TurboXS EvoX Full Turbo Back Exhaust high flow cat setup

EvoX OEM metal bpv

GST boost pill

CBRD cold charge pipe

Depo upper intercooler charge pipe

Pro tune from CBRD

Everything else is stock besides what I just listed :)

khami Mar 22, 2014 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11152647)
MODS

TurboXS EvoX Front Mount Intercooler

TurboXS EvoX Full Turbo Back Exhaust high flow cat setup

EvoX OEM metal bpv

GST boost pill

CBRD cold charge pipe

Depo upper intercooler charge pipe

Pro tune from CBRD

Everything else is stock besides what I just listed :)

Rough estimate of rad full with install? Downtime?

DAN123AC Mar 22, 2014 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by khami (Post 11153069)
Rough estimate of rad full with install? Downtime?

That depends . Are you mailing the turbo to CBRD or are you taking your car there and dropping it off ?

khami Mar 23, 2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11153101)
That depends . Are you mailing the turbo to CBRD or are you taking your car there and dropping it off ?

I was planning on sending a spare turbo a week or a week and a half early and tell them to hold on to it as I make my way shortly after completing the modification.

DAN123AC Mar 23, 2014 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by khami (Post 11153780)
I was planning on sending a spare turbo a week or a week and a half early and tell them to hold on to it as I make my way shortly after completing the modification.

Send Chad an email and let him know what you want to do. He will give you a time line based off your needs and what he has going on. Lots of variables. If you were to send him a spare turbo and have it built before you went there than yea that would be quicker for sure generally speaking.

CBRD Mar 24, 2014 08:12 AM

we can certainly help-

turbo installation is about 5 hours or so-

if the turbo is modified first- or we do a core exchange- we there is no fee for- if we are doing the car at the shop- simply pay the RAD LITE or FULL upgrade price-

it CAN be done in a day! with tuning!

cb

devilpou Mar 28, 2014 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by CBRD (Post 11154674)
we can certainly help-

turbo installation is about 5 hours or so-

if the turbo is modified first- or we do a core exchange- we there is no fee for- if we are doing the car at the shop- simply pay the RAD LITE or FULL upgrade price-

it CAN be done in a day! with tuning!

cb

HI
Im Living at Lancaster, If when I decide to do the red full turbo, is possible to set up a appointment and just drive over let you guys do it? how long will take? and between $1155 for the turbo, how much for the labor and tune?
Thank you

chad11ralliart Mar 28, 2014 12:52 PM

rad turbo

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11152552)
Hello everyone,

I know many of you have been wanting to know how everything went and how the Rad Full turbo performs. For those of you who have not been to or dealt with CBRD yet I urge you to read all this info as I highly recommend you become a customer.

First of all this is not my first time having work done by CBRD. I have been there in the past and the reason I continue to go I will discuss below. Many of the things I will cover too many shops overlook and do not consider important in their business.

Communication- Long before doing anything to my car Chad had Constant communication with me via email and giving me phone calls when I just had too many questions and needed to talk to him. I had planned to have so many mods installed and add all these things to the car. I told Chad what I wanted to do and he informed me all the extra mods I had in mind were not needed to achieve what I wanted. This speaks volumes of Chad because he could have just told me sure ill install them and charge me all the labor but he didn't do that. He told me just what I needed and only what I needed. Chad does not waste time with extra nonsense or things that don't give you what your looking for. If you have something you want done to your car he will tell you what you need and only that. Chad does not waste peoples time or money and guides you through the whole process from start to finish. If you have questions or have plans and you want quality work done I would tell you to talk to Chad first. He saved me a lot of money by not using mods I did not need.

The CBRD facility,
If you have never been to visit the CBRD building you need to make a point to do so. Chads shop is like no other I have ever seen. What you will find inside is the most state of the art, clean, and well put together performance center you can possibly have. If you go on their website you can see just a fraction of what it is like to be there. You will not find a single drop or fuel or oil of any kind on the floor. Tools, equipment, floors, displays are all spotless. In fact saying that CBRD is clean and well put together is an understatement its incredible. This is not a garage. It is a high performance shop where people mean business and are the best in the business PERIOD. There is game rooms and driving simulators, There is a children's entertainment room in case your children need a place to go while you are having your car being worked on, There is a kitchen that has drinks provided as well as water coolers and a microwave, There is display cases in the main lobby showcasing Chads racing achievements through his life, Also in the main lobby Chad has many of the parts he makes on display that get their own pedestal and showcase light, There is a tv room with couches and chairs as well as reading material which again show Chads impressive accomplishments, I could go on and on and explain even more that is impressive about his facility but there is just so much it is hard to put into words. You just need to see for yourself and then you will understand he means business and is a cut above the rest.

The RAD FULL TURBO
Chad is always working on new projects and ways to improve past and present products that he already has. One of the most recent improvements was the introduction of the Rad Full turbo which is a upgrade from the Rad lite. If you look at the post the Chad made above in the thread he explains the main differences. The biggest gain in my opinion was not just performance, but a turbo that is highly efficient. Being able to run lower boost and still get the same effect is a very important aspect in turbo charged cars. I can't not possibly say enough about how amazing the Rad turbo is to have on your car. Rad lite or Rad full the benefits and power behind this turbo are very quickly noticed the moment you drive the car. If you have ever had the chance to drive an EVO and a Ralliart the differences are night and day in the turbos. The Rad turbo out spools the standard EVO turbo at a rate that is unbelievable. The moment you press on the throttle the car is ready to go instantly. With the Rad Turbo lag just seems like a thing of the past. By the time the person you are racing at the track Is spooled up you are already 4 car lengths ahead of them. Having a turbo that spools quickly is very important if you are competing or racing and that immediate power is needed. If there is anyone that is in the Maryland area or even close and you would like to test drive my Ralliart to see for yourself I would be more than willing to let someone do that. As far as the sound of the turbo there is also a very big difference. As you speed up you can hear the wonderful whistling sound that was not as loud as before. When you really get on the throttle you can really hear that baby spin with an aggressive hum that just says to on lookers I HAVE BOOST :) When it comes to the Rad turbo series no matter what route you choose Rad lite or Rad full I promise you will not be disappointed. It will meet and exceed your expectations hands down and will put you ahead of the competition.

Chad Block,
From the moment that you talk to Chad you will quickly learn he is unlike any other person in the business. Chad is the kind of person who does not treat you like a customer but he treats you like a old friend. He always calls you by name and remembers you and what you have talked about. He actually pays attention to your wants and needs and will cover every aspect of them in detail. A prime example of this is when I went to pick up my car from his shop. As Chad and I sat there in his TV room relaxing on his comfy chairs he went over every detail about what was done with my car. Chad explained each thing that was changed in the tune and how it related to what was done. If I did not understand something he would be more than happy to explain it. If I had other questions again he had no problem going into detail about it. All of these things is what truly sets him and his business apart from the rest. CBRD as a whole is the way all performance shops should be in this business. I am more than happy to say I am part of the CBRD family. Chad and his hard working employees have earned themselves a lifetime customer.

First we will be the best
Then we will be the first

That is the CBRD motto. That is the way it was meant to be. I can't thank Chad and his team enough for all their efforts and work. I look forward to all the future business I will do with them.

My turbo is there now, exited for results!

Corrupter Mar 28, 2014 01:22 PM

Please let us know what your results are after they finish up! I'm planning on going in a couple months. Can't wait!

chad11ralliart Mar 29, 2014 05:19 AM

rad full

Mods on my 11 ralliart
(Performance)
Ets intercooler 3.5
Ets lower hard pipekit
Ets uicp
Cobb 3 port ebs
Turbosmart bov
3 inch down pipe
3 inch test pipe
Magnaflow cat back
AEM Intake
Cobb accessport
(Other mods)
D2 36 way adjustable coils
Drifz 18x9 wheels
HID conversion
SSP full skid plate

As far as a 3 port vs stock ebcs, the 3 port will give you much better steady boost over the stock ebcs when tuned in properly, rather than a peek and quick drop off with the ebcs, I've noticed a huge difference with the 3 port, rather than a boost spike under very moderate acceleration the three port when tuned in give you boost depending on how much throttle is given, hence much easier on your sst as well, boostin performance will be the tuner on the car April 15th, s sport mode for launch control will also be flashed on the tcu, can't wait to get this done,

DAN123AC Mar 29, 2014 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11160637)
Mods on my 11 ralliart
(Performance)
Ets intercooler 3.5
Ets lower hard pipekit
Ets uicp
Cobb 3 port ebs
Turbosmart bov
3 inch down pipe
3 inch test pipe
Magnaflow cat back
AEM Intake
Cobb accessport
(Other mods)
Drifz 18x9 wheels
HID conversion
SSP full skid plate

As far as a 3 port vs stock ebcs, the 3 port will give you much better steady boost over the stock ebcs when tuned in properly, rather than a peek and quick drop off with the ebcs, I've noticed a huge difference with the 3 port, rather than a boost spike under very moderate acceleration the three port when tuned in give you boost depending on how much throttle is given, hence much easier on your sst as well, boostin performance will be the tuner on the car April 15th, s sport mode for launch control will also be flashed on the tcu, can't wait to get this done,

Not to get off topic but the 3 port is not needed. Ralliart is a single solenoid set up unlike the evo. When I did my Rad full upgrade I asked Chad and he said the 3 port is not needed and to save money for something else. He used the boost pill method. If you look at my mods they are very basic aside from the Rad full. I am making more power and performance than people with twice the mods. My advice and again Chad will agree is do not buy a 3 port for a ralliart.

chad11ralliart Mar 29, 2014 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11160643)
Not to get off topic but the 3 port is not needed. Ralliart is a single solenoid set up unlike the evo. When I did my Rad full upgrade I asked Chad and he said the 3 port is not needed and to save money for something else. He used the boost pill method. If you look at my mods they are very basic aside from the Rad full. I am making more power and performance than people with twice the mods. My advice and again Chad will agree is do not buy a 3 port for a ralliart.

I'm going to continue to disagree, its a 90 $ upgrade, if that breaks the bank for people then maybe a turbo upgrade isn't worth the time for those individuals, and I didn't say it was NEEDED! I simply said its a better upgrade than the stock ebs, when my car is tuned I will post the dyno chart and compare the difference, that is if I decide to post pone E85 setup and tune but either way il have a 93 Octane dyno chart, but yes it not "needed" for the turbo upgrade, but I put money on a better boost curve vs stock

More power with people with twice the mods? What mods do they have? Lol, do you mean your making more power than someone with a rad full and twice the mods as yours? Hhhmm ok, your making 11 whp more than my friend rob and he has only a cat back, hard pipes, evo x fmic, and rad lite on the ralliart.

ralliart1 Mar 29, 2014 03:29 PM

I also have a 3-port on my ralliart and I like it. Yes it is not needed but I do think improves boost a bit.

Having more power than people with more upgrades depends on a lot of different factors. Different dyno, temp outside on the day that the car was on the dyno, different octane fuel (here in AZ and Cali we just have 91), how aggressive the tune is and how much boost, skills of the tuner, etc.
In the end don't worry about numbers. It's all about how the car feels to YOU (butt dyno) and how it runs and if it puts a smile on your face and makes you happy. That's all that matters.

chad11ralliart Mar 30, 2014 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by ralliart1 (Post 11160979)
I also have a 3-port on my ralliart and I like it. Yes it is not needed but I do think improves boost a bit.

Having more power than people with more upgrades depends on a lot of different factors. Different dyno, temp outside on the day that the car was on the dyno, different octane fuel (here in AZ and Cali we just have 91), how aggressive the tune is and how much boost, skills of the tuner, etc.
In the end don't worry about numbers. It's all about how the car feels to YOU (butt dyno) and how it runs and if it puts a smile on your face and makes you happy. That's all that matters.

My point exactly,

Jay10Ralliart Mar 31, 2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11160637)
Mods on my 11 ralliart
(Performance)
Ets intercooler 3.5
Ets lower hard pipekit
Ets uicp
Cobb 3 port ebs
Turbosmart bov
3 inch down pipe
3 inch test pipe
Magnaflow cat back
AEM Intake
Cobb accessport
(Other mods)
Drifz 18x9 wheels
HID conversion
SSP full skid plate

Please post your numbers up once Devin gets done with your car. We basically have the same mods just different brands and Im running the Rad Lite. Boostin also tuned my car so Id like to see the numbers difference based on the same dyno!

chad11ralliart Apr 1, 2014 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart (Post 11162467)
Please post your numbers up once Devin gets done with your car. We basically have the same mods just different brands and Im running the Rad Lite. Boostin also tuned my car so Id like to see the numbers difference based on the same dyno!

Will do, what did yours put down on the rad lite?

CBRD Apr 1, 2014 07:13 PM

3 port works fine- boost pill works fine- with our actuator-

on a stock turbo/wastegate I prefer 3 ports in some cases-

Hope this helps-

Building quite a few RAD FULL's thank you everyone for showing us some love in return for us showing the RA some love ;)

cb

SHABBA6789 Apr 3, 2014 07:18 PM

RAD Full

Should have it installed tomorrow and tuned soon after!

http://i62.tinypic.com/fa1ld2.jpg

CBRD Apr 4, 2014 07:47 AM

Thanks for posting- we look forward to it

cb

SHABBA6789 Apr 9, 2014 08:07 PM

http://i60.tinypic.com/zlp8h0.jpg

chad11ralliart Apr 10, 2014 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by SHABBA6789 (Post 11173085)

What mods does your have? Nice number man!!

Jay10Ralliart Apr 10, 2014 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11173330)
What mods does your have? Nice number man!!

If you scroll down past the dyno sheet you can see all of his mods in his signature!!

chad11ralliart Apr 10, 2014 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart (Post 11173348)
If you scroll down past the dyno sheet you can see all of his mods in his signature!!

We have the same mods but some dif brands, can't wait to get mine done!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHABBA6789 Apr 10, 2014 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11173361)
We have the same mods but some dif brands, can't wait to get mine done!!!!!!!!!!!!

The RAD Full really surprised me and Erkel @ E-Spec. There was a lot more power to be had but was limited by the injectors, so that will be next! Also hp would be more around 350 on a dynojet.

Corrupter Apr 10, 2014 10:33 AM

How much power do you think you would get with injectors? Seems like more power than I was anticipating after seeing the initial chart from CBRD... I have been picking up all of the same parts that you have (different brands), and was going to get everything installed and tuned at once. Thought stock injectors would be able to keep up. If not, I'll have to add that to my list, since they are fairly cheap.

Veronica Apr 10, 2014 11:38 AM

:O

I was this [] close to dropping by CBRD last Friday as I passed through York on my way to Lebanon, PA. Just to see the 'GarageMahal' and see this beast in action!
Traffic slowed me down/late start and I would not have arrived until 10 minutes before closing... Womp Wah...

Slee256 Apr 10, 2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SHABBA6789 (Post 11173481)
The RAD Full really surprised me and Erkel @ E-Spec. There was a lot more power to be had but was limited by the injectors, so that will be next! Also hp would be more around 350 on a dynojet.

That wasn't done on a Mustang dyno either though was it? Also, the only mod I can't figure out in your signature is the "CBRD CCP". What is that?

SHABBA6789 Apr 11, 2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256 (Post 11174232)
That wasn't done on a Mustang dyno either though was it? Also, the only mod I can't figure out in your signature is the "CBRD CCP". What is that?

No, it was only done on a dyno dynamics dyno. CBRD Cold Charge Pipe is the lower half of the LICP.

chad11ralliart Apr 12, 2014 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by SHABBA6789 (Post 11175261)
No, it was only done on a dyno dynamics dyno. CBRD Cold Charge Pipe is the lower half of the LICP.

Just curious how it ran not being tuned yet? Only reason I ask is I have a 5hr drive to my tuner Tuesday, lol, not that I plan on blasting down the road or anything, what map was used? Etc

CBRD Apr 12, 2014 09:13 AM

Chad-

if you stay out of boost you will be ok

if you boost it- it will hit WAY WAY too much boost pressure-

thanks for positive results guys-

I think everyone knows our estimates/plots/etc are always on the conservative side.

cb

DAN123AC Apr 13, 2014 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11173590)
How much power do you think you would get with injectors? Seems like more power than I was anticipating after seeing the initial chart from CBRD... I have been picking up all of the same parts that you have (different brands), and was going to get everything installed and tuned at once. Thought stock injectors would be able to keep up. If not, I'll have to add that to my list, since they are fairly cheap.

Stock injectors are fine but it is always good to get better ones if you have the chance or the money. I was the first person to have the RAD FULL and I have stock injectors and pump. Chad had told me I could upgrade the injectors if I wanted to but that I did not need to.

I myself plan on getting better injectors and pump in the future but the reason I did not is listed below.

Now that being said keep in mind the transmission is very close to the threshold with my current dyno graph read out. The CBRD dyno gives very conservative numbers which I think are very accurate. So taking that in to account this is why I did not change my stock injectors because I need much better clutches before I can even consider adding more power past my current settings. Just remember even if you buy all the supporting mods for more speed you are limited by your transmission if you do not upgrade that as well.

DAN123AC Apr 13, 2014 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica (Post 11173661)
:O

I was this [] close to dropping by CBRD last Friday as I passed through York on my way to Lebanon, PA. Just to see the 'GarageMahal' and see this beast in action!
Traffic slowed me down/late start and I would not have arrived until 10 minutes before closing... Womp Wah...

You live close to me. I am in Annapolis. If you want to feel the power of the RAD FULL you are more than welcome to test drive my car. Everyone who wants to hold true to the Ralliart needs to have a Rad Turbo on their car :)

The more we do for CBRD the more they will do for us. We need to create the continued need for Ralliart parts and upgrades . I am telling you come see for yourself. I promise you drive my car once and you will be hooked :)

SHABBA6789 Apr 13, 2014 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11175358)
Just curious how it ran not being tuned yet? Only reason I ask is I have a 5hr drive to my tuner Tuesday, lol, not that I plan on blasting down the road or anything, what map was used? Etc

Exactly what Chad said, my tuner was about an hour away. Let the car warm up and just stay off boost and you'll be fine!

chad11ralliart Apr 15, 2014 07:54 AM

in for tune

Car is in for tune @ Boostin Performance, il post details tonight!

CBRD Apr 15, 2014 09:01 AM

keep us posted-

;)

thanks for the kind words guys!

cb

chad11ralliart Apr 15, 2014 03:39 PM

11 Ralliart update

Ok now I'm a believer, any guy out there with an RA and wants their car to transform into evo x power must buy or atleast look into the rad full from cbrd, the uninstall was a ***** on my ra with only 30k miles on it, bolts will break noway shape or form to go around it, we tried everything possible, but back to the point, I had the car tuned at Boostin Performance today, the car dynoed in @ 314whp 297wtq, on a mustang dyno, they said on dynateck or whatever it would make near 335, but besides the numbers the car runs like a complete different car. Truly amazing how it improved,
Mods incase people want to know
Cobb AP
Cobb 3 port
Turboback exhaust ( no cat )
AEM Intake
ETS Intercooler 3.5
Turbosmart bov on 50/50
Complete hard pipe kit

Big thanks to Chad @ cbrd speedfactory for getting my turbo to me on time for my tune date and making the the studs like new amd removing the old broken ones,
And a big thanks to Boostin Performance for a great tune and very quickly done, I mean I dropped the car off at 8am had it back at 11am, that doesn't happen where I'm from in stl with tuning shops, them guys know what's up for real, it was well worth the 5hr drive there and 5hr fun drive back. Thanks to both shops for being professional and just down right awesome!

CBRD Apr 15, 2014 04:29 PM

Thank you guys for your support again-

we always appreciate getting enthusiastic positive responses to the development work we put in-

i think people are seeing the RAD turbo as a viable (and slightly better) alternative to the evo X swap!!

cb

cjsabaki Apr 16, 2014 07:11 PM

Yes Sir and just need an exhaust manifold to complte the package!! 8-)

Sent from my Xperia ion using IB AutoGroup

SHABBA6789 Apr 20, 2014 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11178942)
Ok now I'm a believer, any guy out there with an RA and wants their car to transform into evo x power must buy or atleast look into the rad full from cbrd, the uninstall was a ***** on my ra with only 30k miles on it, bolts will break noway shape or form to go around it, we tried everything possible, but back to the point, I had the car tuned at Boostin Performance today, the car dynoed in @ 314whp 297wtq, on a mustang dyno, they said on dynateck or whatever it would make near 335, but besides the numbers the car runs like a complete different car. Truly amazing how it improved,
Mods incase people want to know
Cobb AP
Cobb 3 port
Turboback exhaust ( no cat )
AEM Intake
ETS Intercooler 3.5
Turbosmart bov on 50/50
Complete hard pipe kit

Big thanks to Chad @ cbrd speedfactory for getting my turbo to me on time for my tune date and making the the studs like new amd removing the old broken ones,
And a big thanks to Boostin Performance for a great tune and very quickly done, I mean I dropped the car off at 8am had it back at 11am, that doesn't happen where I'm from in stl with tuning shops, them guys know what's up for real, it was well worth the 5hr drive there and 5hr fun drive back. Thanks to both shops for being professional and just down right awesome!

Awesome dude, great numbers! #inchadwetrust

cjsabaki Apr 24, 2014 12:36 PM

Mid July is our bonus time..........WULD love to pick up a new exh manifold AND RAD full.......8-)

CBRD Apr 25, 2014 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by SHABBA6789 (Post 11184025)
Awesome dude, great numbers! #inchadwetrust

LMAO!!!

thanks guys!

cb

akin6831 Apr 26, 2014 04:07 PM

With that power, would you need to upgrade clutches?

DAN123AC Apr 27, 2014 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by akin6831 (Post 11191093)

No you will not need to upgrade clutches. If however you want to turn up the boost or add any other power mods than yes you would need new clutches to do it in a safe manner for your car.

I was the first person to own the Rad full. I have had nothing but fantastic results and car is going strong. {thumbup}

Again stock clutches will be fine due to the fact it basically is putting out the power of a stock tuned EvoMR but on a Ralliart turbo frame. Just remember anything beyond this it would be wise to get new clutches not just for performance but longevity purposes.

chad11ralliart Apr 27, 2014 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by akin6831 (Post 11191093)

What the ra really needs with this upgrade is the s sport mode for quicker shifts with the power added, or a custom sst tune, at high rpm in sport mode they do slip slightly and shifts are a lot slower which causes heat with more friction, and as far as normal mode for get you even have it unless your driving around town, I personally want to upgrade asap, a 10k trans is nothing to play with in my world.

Egal44ARock Apr 28, 2014 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by CBRD (Post 11179012)
Thank you guys for your support again-

we always appreciate getting enthusiastic positive responses to the development work we put in-

i think people are seeing the RAD turbo as a viable (and slightly better) alternative to the evo X swap!!

cb

got me to my goal and a bit extra, wish i waited just 2 more months then i would have had the RAD Full. Down the road ill be giving CBRD some more of my money for some more fun.

AllanGabriel Jul 17, 2014 07:30 PM

Anyone with RAD Full running E85? I'll be installing mine next month.
My mod list:

- TurboXS Downpipe
- TurboXS Testpipe
- Borla Catback
- AEM SRI
- Grimmspeed EBCS
- Ultimate Racing Upper IC Pipe
- Ultimate Racing Lower IC Pipe
- Mishimoto Evo X Intercooler
- ID1000 Injectors
- DW65C running on E92

What numbers should I expect?

Corrupter Jul 20, 2014 10:30 PM

I'm still on the fence on whether to get this turbo or go for something bigger, like ef2.5. Would be interested to see your e85 numbers. I'd really love to see ~400 dynojet on e85. That would help me make up my mind pretty easily :)

Has anyone done 1/4 mile on one of these yet?

chad11ralliart Jul 21, 2014 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11261586)
I'm still on the fence on whether to get this turbo or go for something bigger, like ef2.5. Would be interested to see your e85 numbers. I'd really love to see ~400 dynojet on e85. That would help me make up my mind pretty easily :)

Mine made 335 on dynojet on stock fuel system. E85 setup it would easily hit 380 390. No launch control sucks for the ra 1/4 mile times. I ran a 13.0 @ 110 without launching it at all, just used sport mode and gas pedal lmao

Corrupter Jul 21, 2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by chad11ralliart (Post 11261644)
Mine made 335 on dynojet on stock fuel system. E85 setup it would easily hit 380 390. No launch control sucks for the ra 1/4 mile times. I ran a 13.0 @ 110 without launching it at all, just used sport mode and gas pedal lmao

Thanks Chad! I'm planning on getting LC on mine soon. A friend of mine has broken into the 12's on his stock turbo (e85, S-Sport), so I'm hoping for low 12's when I upgrade my turbo.

DAN123AC Jul 21, 2014 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Corrupter (Post 11261586)

I was the first one to own the rad full turbo. With the right bolt ons to include injectors and new fuel pump, E85 and tune you can achieve what your asking. However without upgraded clutches you will not be able to maintain that high level of power on the SST for long before something fails. Keep in mind the stock clutches are rated at 350 TQ. Do some people run more than that yes they do. However if this is your DD and the only form of transportation you have I would keep the power level at 300 or less until you do a trans upgrade. Also keep in mind 400 Whp means your at or above 500 at the crank. Our engine is rated at 500 crank HP on stock internals . If you want high HP that will last you better plan on dropping a wad of money to be a part of that crowd. Just things to keep in mind. When you pass that 350 benchmark on our cars things get ridiculous. Can it be done and be reliable yea absolutely but not without a heavy amount of money. Just my 2 cents from what I have seen people deal with

Corrupter Jul 22, 2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by DAN123AC (Post 11262095)
I was the first one to own the rad full turbo. With the right bolt ons to include injectors and new fuel pump, E85 and tune you can achieve what your asking. However without upgraded clutches you will not be able to maintain that high level of power on the SST for long before something fails. Keep in mind the stock clutches are rated at 350 TQ. Do some people run more than that yes they do. However if this is your DD and the only form of transportation you have I would keep the power level at 300 or less until you do a trans upgrade. Also keep in mind 400 Whp means your at or above 500 at the crank. Our engine is rated at 500 crank HP on stock internals . If you want high HP that will last you better plan on dropping a wad of money to be a part of that crowd. Just things to keep in mind. When you pass that 350 benchmark on our cars things get ridiculous. Can it be done and be reliable yea absolutely but not without a heavy amount of money. Just my 2 cents from what I have seen people deal with

It is very likely that I'll be upgrading my clutch packs in the next few months, so I'm not too worried about that. I thought that stock block could handle a bit more, but I guess it's always a gray area that I don't need to push my DD into... 400 is a good number though, if I can reach it :)

chad11ralliart Jul 23, 2014 07:58 AM

Stock block isnt the problem with the 4b11. Its the **** rod bolts. They snap at or over 400whp. In my opinion e85 setup isnt worth it. Pain in the ass and too many failures can happen. Use your fuel system setup you were taliking about and tune it on 93 oct. It should be near 350 whp. Have the sst tuned also, helps a **** ton with stock clutches. Keep your tq levels down around 330 at most. You wont have any issues there with a good tune. My buddy derek has a 12 evo x gsr with bolt ons and a tune with same company as my ra pulls 2 cars on it and his made a little more power on the dyno (sst tune!)

egis Aug 7, 2014 09:55 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/695328-fuel-fittings-need-favour.html

CFMP RAblue Sep 21, 2014 04:34 AM

Just wondering if everyone was tuned on 93? I would imagine so but I am wondering as I only have access to 91 :(