EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   Insurance/Re-finance (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/699014-insurance-re-finance.html)

russ72 Sep 7, 2014 04:46 PM

Insurance/Re-finance

Hey guys, just wondering what car insurance company ppl use. I've been with American Family for 26 years, w/o any accidents and 1 ticket in that time. Since I've bought my RA they've keep messing up what I pay them and I keep getting cancellation letters and I keep having to call local agent. I don't have the xtra funds to play money tag with them, and I wanna be loyal, but ****.
As it stands I'm paying 100(that's about double what I was paying for my '06 mazda 3) bucks a month(for now), and that's with 1000 deductible, and it kind of irks me to pay that much for my tenure with them, good driving record, my age, the safety of my car. Trying to cut some costs if possible, and was looking at other insurance companies that are cheaper.
Was looking at Geico/Progressive, they seem to be the cheapest so far, but don't know that much about them except for the lizard dude and that whacky chick.
Second, question has anyone ever refinanced their cars. I was told at dealer that all 3 parties had to agree to it? Which don't make sense, should be between me and lender. Do you have to wait a certain amount of months to try to refinance it?

neogeo64 Sep 8, 2014 08:08 AM

if you have a Costco membership, get a quote from them, they use Ameriprise which we have been with for 7+ years, they always beat gieco and progressive's prices.

Slee256 Sep 8, 2014 04:33 PM

Three of the top five highest rated auto insurance companies by Consumer Reports magazine are USAA, Amica, and Erie. I personally have Erie, but all of these are good choices.

c5low13 Sep 12, 2014 07:43 PM

If you qualify for USAA...they are usually pretty cheap and very highly rated.

And no...if you want to refinance, you find a new lender...get approved and they or you would use that new loan check to pay off your previous lender. Your previous lender or the dealer has no say in it.

insafa Sep 14, 2014 03:44 PM

I am currently paying 150.00 bucks a month with progressive insurance. Full coverage

Vegeta_Ra Oct 4, 2014 07:32 AM

I live on ontario canada. And I pay $372 a month for Insurance... And only allowed 15000kms a year

russ72 Oct 4, 2014 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vegeta_Ra (Post 11314246)
I live on ontario canada. And I pay $372 a month for Insurance... And only allowed 15000kms a year

That seems awfully a lot a month for that, that's like another car payment. Hope your car is paid off, be no way I could afford payments and that much for insurance.

.M. Oct 4, 2014 07:47 PM

I'm paying $100/month full coverage (08 X) from state farm.