EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Lancer Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general-266/)
-   -   Fair price for my 09' Ralliart Stock (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-lancer-ralliart-general/746578-fair-price-my-09-ralliart-stock.html)

rallykang Feb 9, 2018 11:49 AM

Fair price for my 09' Ralliart Stock

Hello everyone,

This is my first post as I just signed up and have been a 09 Ralliart owner for 2 years now. Let me start by saying this car is very fun to drive and its completely stock... I haven't done anything to it (besides mudflaps) as I use it as my daily driver.

About 2 months ago the SST transmission failed, well shift fork broke resulting in only odd gears working and the clutch was pretty much about to go as well. So I had the shift fork replaced, rebuilt the clutch at an impressive garage and it runs better than when I first got it.. looking to sell and want something newer. The car has about 150,000km, I bought it with 110,000km, did the tranny flush once before it went on me and treated it well over all.

So just wondering guys.. Whats a fair price to sell this car at considering the transmission/clutch is rebuilt?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies!

MinusPrevious Feb 9, 2018 12:32 PM

Welcome aboard & great to have you on the boards w/us on EvOM

Im a EvO9 owner so not familiar w/the RA. Hopefully, the guys will chime in w/some answers

:beer:

DWILSON357 Feb 12, 2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by rallykang (Post 11803046)
Hello everyone,

This is my first post as I just signed up and have been a 09 Ralliart owner for 2 years now. Let me start by saying this car is very fun to drive and its completely stock... I haven't done anything to it (besides mudflaps) as I use it as my daily driver.

About 2 months ago the SST transmission failed, well shift fork broke resulting in only odd gears working and the clutch was pretty much about to go as well. So I had the shift fork replaced, rebuilt the clutch at an impressive garage and it runs better than when I first got it.. looking to sell and want something newer. The car has about 150,000km, I bought it with 110,000km, did the tranny flush once before it went on me and treated it well over all.

So just wondering guys.. Whats a fair price to sell this car at considering the transmission/clutch is rebuilt?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies!

To a smart buyer as long as you have receipts, there is no reason that should turn them off. In fact its probably a bonus if the shop is reputable and competent.

six40 Feb 12, 2018 12:10 PM

I see you're from Milton - I actually work in Milton, Thompson & Nipissing area. Not 100% sure on the going price for the Ralliart but the mileage isn't terribly high, and if the transmission and clutches are good now and you have paperwork I can't see that hurting the price. It's not the same thing as having the car smashed and fixed, that takes from the value.

I must ask though, where in Milton did you go to get work done on the transmission? I have a few friends with MR's locally and they always ask me if I know a place that can touch the SST. And I don't, but would love to know somebody local that does it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to clutter your thread :)

rallykang Feb 20, 2018 07:14 AM

Hey man,

This shop is based out of Barrie, which I still consider local cause a lot of people don't know these trans/clutches very well at all but this guy does!

Steve
2865 Highway 11
Barrie , ON L0L 2X0
Phone: 289-987-0926

rallykang Mar 2, 2018 07:58 AM

Hello, you will need 15 days as a member & 15 qualified posts to post a FS thread & it must be in the proper forum. Thanks, EVOM Forum Staff