Notices

2009+ Lancer RalliArt Sedan & RA Sportback Wheels/Tires Fitment

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18x9 +35 on 225/40/18 lowered on swifts

major fender work required? pull/flare? might have to do some cutting? should i try 215s and stretch em?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by evil03
the fronts can easily fit 18x9.5 +30 with some nice 255/40-18 wrapped on them but you will need to cut the liner and do some neg cambering.... NOW the rear need alot of work to go wide rims and widest tires... rolling and pulling and some neg camber... depending on how low you wanna go!

like my specs 18x9.5 +30 on 255/40-18 i am pull in the rear about 12mm to keep them tucked...

no if you just want the widest with out hassle then do 18x9 +30 to +35 offset and you can still do 255/40-18... with a roll in the rear and slight neg camber... depending on how low you wanna go!

dont waste you money on evox front end conversion... when the rears cant go wider! with out doing flares or even cutting it and making it wider!
Okay.. so apparently you didnt read my rant or my re-non-rant fully.

"Low as I want to go".. not in the picture. GRIP is King, Balance is a damned close second. **** looking good.. I want to post teh best numbers and show the heavy sided chart of Subies they got a new kid in town.

Stock Yoko's I was already within the 1.0 second for tires in PAX to an STI with track tires, 2 years of experience, Tweaked alignment, front roll bar and cat backs.

You digging me yet?

The STi is a class above me and I am withing a second in the mathmatical total for chapionship without track tires, tweaks, adjustments, or ANYTHING.. Bone, Friggin Stock.

I got an ARB (Anti Roll Bar) and a Muff Mod in the works. Those items alone keep me in EStock (DStock is STi).

Who's gonna help me beat the Subie in a higher class? the numbers say I can with tires alone (+Skill).
Old Dec 16, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
then go 225's, flash the pcm, and start a thread about it.

im really not trying to be a d!ck, though i know it's gonna sound like it, but bragging about your driving abilities contributes nothing to the thread, nor does it address anything to do with your original posting or your follow up posting.

first, 235's on 8.5 isnt really all that much of a stretch depending on which tires you are using, though 245's would be my personal choice, but if you are content with a 235 tread patch and want to concentrate on lower cog and corner balancing to improve your handling, plus don't want to look like an off road 4x4 driving to and from the track and around town, it's a small sacrifice to make. especially if you are already close to beating a car in a higher class when you are still bone friggin stock. (ok, that was a little d!ckish)

evil offered some relatively extreme numbers that he has had personal experience with for reference, showing that 255's are a definite possibility for if you decide to go SP E class, and gave some advice about how severe the fender work required to fit would be, depending on if you were lowering the car or not, so how did he not read what you wrote?

again, i'm not trying to be a jerk, and i'd love to see a thread from you with videos of you kicking suby *** on the track, but let's try to all be civil here since the majority is here to learn and share and enjoy each other's successes
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:25 PM

Flashing ECU.. No. I could sneak that by easy till I ran a time, but.. still Illegal in EStock.

Extreme numbers don't always mean extreme performance.

I see loads of people with daily drivers, huge rim widths and tiny tires that would do dick on a track. I am content with asking my questions.

Let me report this..

Next year I plan on running E-Stock in SCCA Solo.

I need to run stock rim height and width. I have the tire for this in hand, the mods, the setup and the ability.

The year after this, my inability to not spend money may kick in. In that case I would be open to any rim/tire size as well as suspension I can throw at it.

A link was posted above by another member.
Stock - Shocks/struts not springs, front ARB only, Cat Back, Stock Rim Width and Height.
SPrepped - Just about all open in the categories within this thread topic.

If I wanted to run the widest tire on the widest rim using (not "Make me look cool springs") coil overs and a real setup without buying all sorts of EVO gear to make it happen, what would it be?

I'm sorry but I've gotten more data out of this thread being an *** than not posting at all so far, but..
Old Dec 17, 2010, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Why wouldn't you get rid of the stock tyres and run some decent rubber? I dropped 3.5 seconds off my lap time by switching to semi slicks (that was the only change)
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:40 AM

bummer

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
offset and hub are key, brother. hub moreso than anything. with a nice narrow wheel like that, and our tiny brakes, you should be able to fit up with damn near any offset, but i think most toyota cars have a 56mm hub, which means they will NOT fit. what model/year toyota did these come off of? and yes, 205/60-16 would be the preferred size to keep the same overall diameter if you do any 16" wheel
Thanks for the info 03chi-town0Z. That is what I was afraid of. I believe they came off of a 2009 Scion XB. Scion forum says "The xB stock offset is 45mm, with down to 35 fitting great." Wheel reads "10 08 65BW/23", which means nothing to me. Does that help or hurt?

Last edited by L3ft0fC3nt3r; Dec 17, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

that's exactly what i needed. the offset would be fine, but the xB has a hub bore of 60.1 so they wont be a direct fit
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nyczlegacy
18x9 +35 on 225/40/18 lowered on swifts

major fender work required? pull/flare? might have to do some cutting? should i try 215s and stretch em?
any help here
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

sorry i missed it. rears either cut and folded up tight or possibly a slight flare. otherwise you should be solid, though i'm not sure how the swifts are settling in yet. what are your camber numbers after the drop?
Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

That should be fine with just a roll in the rears
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:39 PM

how come no one's posted pics? i'm dying to see pics.

i'm debating on 18x9 +38 rota grids or 18x9 +30 rota g-forces..

saw some nice WW on white rimmed evo x's i wanna try and pay homage too.
the other debate is pro kits or rrm springs... i can't visualize the difference. i don't want HELLA flush... i just want good and flush and the stance needs to be just right.... after all the AWD is meant for grippin not hard parking or cruising.

any advice would be appreciated like possible camber scenarios. thinking of taking car to muellerized for fender rolling once i save enough to do rims, tires, drop and roll in one fail swoop.. by then i think stock tires will need to be changed anyways.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

those will fit good... also depending on tires... you will need to roll and rear for sure....

with the pro kit drop you will get about -1.7 in the front and rears about -1.3 in camber not much...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Will a 225 45 18 tire on a 18x8.5 44mm offset work with my rrm drop?

Last edited by 08Lancer89; Jan 18, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

yessir. youd probably be ok with a 235 tbh
Old Jan 18, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I know but I just bought some new nittos for the rota torques now I'm gonna get the gids . I don't wanna waste my new tires so I was hoping I could get away putting them on the grids and have no rubbing issues since the offset on the torques is 48 and the grids is 44. Plus torques are 8" wide wile the grids are 8.5". Hopefully it will work to
MY advantage I want a little more flush setup.

Quick Reply: 2009+ Lancer RalliArt Sedan & RA Sportback Wheels/Tires Fitment