Notices

RRM Springs.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the drop is barely over an inch , so the stock struts should be o.k.

the springs are available for purchase......

...they have only sold like 3 sets. but , there are people with them.

i guess they just do not come to this site.
Old May 22, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaiten2
wow 219 bucks not bad. but wont just replacing the spring be bad for the factory struts? does anyone make any aftermarket struts yet?
isnt the suspension the same as GTS ?? so if they make a/m struts for the GTS they should work right ?

Originally Posted by LancerES09
I dont think its enough of a drop to really hurt the struts. If anything does happen, take the springs off before taking it to the dealer =]
If anything does happen to factory struts it wont happen for a while. I doubt anything will happen since its a small drop and the springs were made for the RA.

If you did take them off and put stocks back on, im pretty sure a tech (if its a good tech) would notice they were tampered with. Struts dont just blow.
Old May 23, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, lets say i had a lancer gts once. then lets say i bought the RRM lowering springs for my 08 gts.. come to find out later on they were made for a 04-06 lancer. from what i heard they will fit but gts was heavier than a 04-06 lancer therefore the rrm v1 springs were not tuned specially for my 08 lancer.. who knows may be they used the same springs as for regular lancer??
Old May 23, 2009, 05:27 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jake26
well, lets say i had a lancer gts once. then lets say i bought the RRM lowering springs for my 08 gts.. come to find out later on they were made for a 04-06 lancer. from what i heard they will fit but gts was heavier than a 04-06 lancer therefore the rrm v1 springs were not tuned specially for my 08 lancer.. who knows may be they used the same springs as for regular lancer??
Just flat out wouldn't work, the Ralliart has too much rear weight. If there were any spring being borrowed from another application for the Ralliart, it'd be from the Evo X.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by otter
Just flat out wouldn't work, the Ralliart has too much rear weight. If there were any spring being borrowed from another application for the Ralliart, it'd be from the Evo X.
That would make sense.
Old May 24, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otter
yeah i know, it would not work. but thats what i heard that rrm used springs from 04-06 models to fit for 08 lancers.. someone correct me if i am wrong
Old May 24, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evocowboy
huh? no reply? they may not be availible yet. I believe they are similar if not the exact springs they sell for the evo VIIIs & IXs. they tried the X ones & wouldn't fit. I could get comparison pics of my old stock VIII springs next to 09' RA springs & you could see how frightningly similar they really are. If you want the stiffness without too much drop for cheap, maybe try some used stock VIII or IX springs on yer struts.
any confirmation? on this evo VIII and IX springs will work on the 09 RA??

if soo

Does the struts work too?

wanna do a coilover set asap
Old May 25, 2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by evil03
any confirmation? on this evo VIII and IX springs will work on the 09 RA??

if soo

Does the struts work too?

wanna do a coilover set asap
No, the struts have different mountings for front swaybar endlinks, maybe rear bolts-up different also. But the spring I'm on are the exact same ones they sell for the VIII/IX, they tried the X's, did not work! So the evo IX springs will fit into yer RA struts, but evo struts may not bolt up the same. Hope that helps.
Old May 26, 2009, 01:03 AM
Evolved Member

F@#$ING yeah.... your not pulling on my chain now are ya?? i see you are getting some prototype race suspension done?? any news on that?
Old May 26, 2009, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

No, the struts have different mountings for front swaybar endlinks, maybe rear bolts-up different also. But the spring I'm on are the exact same ones they sell for the VIII/IX, they tried the X's, did not work! So the evo IX springs will fit into yer RA struts, but evo struts may not bolt up the same. Hope that helps.
Oh sh*t. So the VIII & IX stocks fit....... And they lower the car? I remember the stock Evo's had a nice big gap or is that because of the struts?
Old May 26, 2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by evil03
F@#$ING yeah.... your not pulling on my chain now are ya?? i see you are getting some prototype race suspension done?? any news on that?
it's been done already for over a month. my pics were in someother thread here.

Originally Posted by boondoc
Oh sh*t. So the VIII & IX stocks fit....... And they lower the car? I remember the stock Evo's had a nice big gap or is that because of the struts?
I have the race springs for EVO 8/9 installed, the stock ones are at home sitting right next to the stock 09'ralliarts. Doubt the stockies will drop as much, but could be stiffer at least.
Old May 26, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

I have the race springs for EVO 8/9 installed, the stock ones are at home sitting right next to the stock 09'ralliarts. Doubt the stockies will drop as much, but could be stiffer at least.

Woot Woot i have some lowering springs for a IX sitting around some where gonna try it out
Old May 26, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

So aftermarket Evo 8/9 springs fit? you have NO idea what u jus started my friend.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:08 PM

aint much of a secret, said this like a month ago on some thread. Plus some user w/ old school galant vr4 wanted my stock 8 springs for the galant. Some other applications they may work, may not. People are willing to try @ their risk.
Old May 27, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

if thats the case then these would work.. and thats awesome

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eibac...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: RRM Springs.