Notices

08 lancer rotora brakes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
08 lancer rotora brakes?

i know a lot of people complain about the brakes on our ralliarts, and that there is no specific upgrade package for us yet. however, i also know that it's been stated that the ralliart and gts share the same braking system. what i was wondering is if they share EVERYTHING in the braking system like mounting points, hub size, etc. if so, would it not be logical to think that the rotora big brake kit for the 08/09 lancer (click here) would fit the ralliart? it would be awesome if someone like the RRM guys who have these rotora brakes on their shop gts could study it and find out if they would fit or not.
i've read some posts of guys who want to try the evo 8/9 stock brembos on their ralliart, but this seems like a more feasible option.
anyway, this was just a thought i had. is there anyone with some useful input?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
99.9% of people do not need a BBK. You might want to look into brake pad upgrades first. A good set of pads will most surely improve the braking on your car. I know that EBC and Axxis are both making pads for the 08 GTS.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i'm not saying that i've ever exceeded the capabilities of my brakes, but a lot of people complain about the stopping power. plus i think a lot of people like the look of a nice bbk like the evo brembos or those rotoras. i'm asking if anyone knows if they will work?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
99.9% of people do not need a BBK. You might want to look into brake pad upgrades first. A good set of pads will most surely improve the braking on your car. I know that EBC and Axxis are both making pads for the 08 GTS.
I believe that Works said the front brakes are the same as the 2nd gen Eclipse. If true, that could open up some pad options (at least for the front, anyway).
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

i'm not asking about pad options! does anyone have any knowledge of the rotora bbk working on the ralliart?
Old Aug 15, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clifhanger87
i'm not asking about pad options! does anyone have any knowledge of the rotora bbk working on the ralliart?
I'm almost 100% sure they will fit. I don't see why they wouldn't. However RRM should know for sure.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by clifhanger87
The guys at VividRace told me "YES THEY FIT"

I almost ordered a set but I didn't have the money by then; here's a link:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/r...8-p-58953.html

I wish someone could try them... If I had the money then I would've bought it and posted the results
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

that's good to know. thanks for posting your knowledge. the link i posted is from RRM, and is the next step down. priced at $1400. the difference is the rotors being 24mm wide instead of 30
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
This, as many others have posted and tested in the past, a BBK does not lower stopping distances. Stopping distance is a factor of hydraulic pressure and the coefficient of friction of the pads. Pad size is irrelevant. If you want to improve stopping distance, your first step should be tires. After that, replace the pads and the fluid. You do not need to spend 1400$ to stop faster.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

that was not the question. the question was if the rotora bbk for the 08+ lancer would fit our ralliarts. is that such a ludicrous question to ask?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

a better upgrade, and much cheaper, would be steel braided lines. Removing the rubber lines, which expand under heavy braking, will give better braking feel, and let you transmit more pressure to the pads. As well, your choice of tires will have a larger effect than brakes alone.

I believe AMS sells a brake line kit, around $140.

Bigger brakes help by increasing the surface area, which lets the rotors have more time to cool before the next assault from the pads. This will help eliminate brake fade, and will be great if you are doing a lot of heavy braking, such as in track applications, or find yourself hammering on the brakes for 200-0 stops repeatedly. For street, you arent likely to see the benefit.

as a side note: Bigass rotors that fill the wheel look trick. Worth the upgrade alone lol
Old Aug 17, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
This, as many others have posted and tested in the past, a BBK does not lower stopping distances. Stopping distance is a factor of hydraulic pressure and the coefficient of friction of the pads. Pad size is irrelevant. If you want to improve stopping distance, your first step should be tires. After that, replace the pads and the fluid. You do not need to spend 1400$ to stop faster.
I dont think this guy wants to stop faster, I think he wants to say "HAY LOOK AT ME I HAZ A BIG BRAKE KIT!"

And then everyone will go "WHHHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by LancerGTS
I dont think this guy wants to stop faster, I think he wants to say "HAY LOOK AT ME I HAZ A BIG BRAKE KIT!"

And then everyone will go "WHHHOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
The *****es love a BBK.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

They will fit. We have the exact same brake config as the GTS.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Correct. The pads from the GTS will fit the RA.

Quick Reply: 08 lancer rotora brakes?