Notices

Whiteline Sway Bar Lateral Locks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline Sway Bar Lateral Locks

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with their Whiteline rear sway bar (24mm to be exact) shifting left and right under cornering and causing fitment or knocking issues off of either the drive train, rear subframe or other suspension components. Every time I take a sharp corner at a fast speed my sway bar will shift laterally left and right about an inch. After I will hit a bump or dip in the road and I'll hear a clunk in the back of the car it. It sounds like something is loose. I have unbolted everything, realigned the sway bar and bolted everything back up now 2 times since the initial install and tomorrow will be the third time. The second time I thought I was using to much grease that was included with the Sway Bar for the bushings to I even removed the Whiteline bushings and degreased them and put a LIGHT coat on them and reinstalled them. turns out it wasn't the issue. Because this is becoming a PITA and I am worried that something with get destroyed in the rear end of my car if I drive spirited I was wondering if anyone has tried Whiteline Sway Bar Lateral Locks or had this issue in the past and if so how did you fix it or solve the problem? They say that these locks will stop lateral movement of the sway bar when the sway bar is located in close proximity to other key suspension components. I already have ordered the locks as a precaution.

I have tightened all my end links and sway bar brackets to the recommended spec from factory. My End Links were measured and set to be the same length as the OEM End links to maintain OEM fitment.

I am using Whiteline's Rear 24mm Sway bar set to medium and the Whiteline Front EVO X End Links.

I have included pictures of the fitment issue. the black marker on the sway bar indicates just how much the bar actually moves.

In these two pictures you can see how the bushing has pushed the grease each time it has shifted.

LEFT SIDE

You can see the black marker on the sway bar to see where it was originally set at. The bushing was flush to the black line.
RIGHT SIDE

Whiteline Front End links EVOX fit Ralliart Rear.

Whiteline Lateral Sway Bar Locks
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

those lateral locks should have come WITH your sway bar

bring it up with whatever vendor you purchased from and see if they can send them in (depending on how long ago you ordered)

if you bought it from a shop, the shop should have been smart enough to check if these were included for you. I've seen these not get packaged quite a few times
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

I contracted whiteline and they said it doesn't come with the bar.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CanuckLancer
I contracted whiteline and they said it doesn't come with the bar.
I guess you're stuck ordering them then. All Evo X bars I've held and/or installed came with them, and David@SSP-TX taught me to check for them everytime, as he almost thought they forgot mine

RA's getting the shaft again
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Whiteline is actually sending me a brand new one! They believe its a bad apple so good to hear that they back their product.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Looking at your "Left Side" pics, it's not bolted down.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

^ Nice catch! I see it too
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Problem was the OEM hardware failed and stripped... SO ill be drilling out the 4 tack welded nuts on the subframe and replaceing the OEM hardware with stronger grade 8 hardware. Going to be a PITA BUT it also gives me a chance to put in a whiteline rear dif. bushing kit.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:39 PM

how does it feel after you install the whiteline rear sway bar + end link? That's gonna be my first mod >< any suggestion?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by CanuckLancer
Problem was the OEM hardware failed and stripped... SO ill be drilling out the 4 tack welded nuts on the subframe and replaceing the OEM hardware with stronger grade 8 hardware. Going to be a PITA BUT it also gives me a chance to put in a whiteline rear dif. bushing kit.
so did u get the lock or not? should i get the lock too? I am quite lost on whats the issue on why the rear sway bar keep shifting?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 10:00 PM

I hear the same noises ever since I had mine installed. Did the lat locks and/or new endlinks stop the shifting/clunking noise?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:54 PM

I have these noises on my 2002 lancer oz with 18mm whiteline sway bar. no locks
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:57 AM

Just wanna confirm your endlink is KLC139 ??
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ah_hei
how does it feel after you install the whiteline rear sway bar + end link? That's gonna be my first mod >< any suggestion?
I love it. I did not have to use the lateral locks for the rear but u do need the locks for the front. if u look at the rear Stock swaybar they did not have lateral locks, if I remember correctly. I don have the end links from white line, I have a different one and I love the new handling.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 06:57 AM

What did u use for rear end link?

Quick Reply: Whiteline Sway Bar Lateral Locks