Notices

14 Ralliart - Maximum Performance with Stock Ride Comfort + Brake Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 Ralliart - Maximum Performance with Stock Ride Comfort + Brake Upgrade

Hey guys - looking for your thoughts on the absolute maximum performance products I can get for daily driving. I want to keep comfort exactly as stock as it's tolerable on crappy upstate NY roads.

I'm NOT looking for a huge drop in height, and inch (or a little over) at the most. Again we have awful roads in upstate New York.

Are coil overs worth the giant $1,000 premium over springs? I can get a set of swift sport springs for $299, but are coilovers really worth the premium over the springs? Is it night and day?

My main concern is getting rid of bodyroll, she's a heavy ***** and the seats don't have enough bolstering to hold you in.

For brakes I'm not doing a BBK, but I'm wondering what brand/model offers a fairly noticeable performance improvement over stock brakes/rotors. I know there are a ton of threads on this, but EVERYONE has a different setup, and there is no real clear "best" from what I saw.

I also need the rotors to be painted, I can't stand the rust.

Appreciate all of your help.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I recommend the Eibach Pro-Kit. Not harsh at all and just a nice drop. Best compromise for my DD.

Also, to solve the rusty brake rotors - I went with Centric/slotted and Hawk street pads. A wee bit better performance - but not near the improvement you would get from BBK and steel braided hoses

Hit me up - I have an extra set of NIB rear centric rotors if you want 'em.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another effective option to significantly reduce body roll is upgrading the rear sway bar. I installed a 24mm Whiteline rear sway bar and found it made a huge improvement in handling even on stock suspension.