EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Brakes/Wheels/Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-brakes-wheels-suspension-310/)
-   -   Racing Line Rear Endlink Install and Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-brakes-wheels-suspension/581399-racing-line-rear-endlink-install-review.html)

sstevojr Oct 29, 2011 02:41 PM

Racing Line Rear Endlink Install and Review

Yello,
So I've finally gotten off my lazy arse and installed these guys, been in my backseat for ummmm about 2 months :updown:
Reason I choose now to finally do this, is just this week I've now blown out my second set of stock size endlinks.
Here is a pic showing side by side:
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...ndlinks001.jpg

Video of comparison:
[IMG]http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...ndlinks002.jpg[/IMG]

Video of post install:
[IMG]http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...ndlinks004.jpg[/IMG]

ENJOY! {thumbup}:beer::mitsu::beer:{thumbup}

08Lancer89 Oct 29, 2011 03:06 PM

They look nice any difference in handling?

sstevojr Oct 29, 2011 03:36 PM

OK I just got back from a drive (for food, but I took a detour :D )
IMHO if you upgrade your rear sway bar, these endlinks are a REQUIREMENT. The response from the back end is night and day different. Every other endlink upgrade I've ever done for prior vehicles necessitated a 2-3 days settling-in period; they would be quite noisy during that time period. But these spherical type endlinks are solid as they come, don't make a sound, and the grip DOES NOT give up. I'm really impressed with these, and as some of you might know I can be somewhat....critical at times {thumbup}{thumbup} (<--official review)

jkennedy293 Oct 30, 2011 09:08 AM

Were you able to install the endlinks with the car just on jacks, or did you have to jack up the control arm as well?

sstevojr Oct 30, 2011 10:37 AM

Just jackstands, exactly as shown {thumbup}

total0wnage Oct 30, 2011 03:52 PM

nice, im planning on getting the swaybar somewhat soon so ill have to grab these endlinks too

jkennedy293 Oct 30, 2011 03:58 PM

Cool. I might have to order these soon as Racing Line has them on sale.

lancer0220 Oct 31, 2011 08:23 AM

noob post, anyone know if these fit the NA lancer gts for the Rear also ? they look similar in size and some parts websites are reporting same parts for the rear but i dont trust them.

jkennedy293 Oct 31, 2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220 (Post 9710777)
noob post, anyone know if these fit the NA lancer gts for the Rear also ? they look similar in size and some parts websites are reporting same parts for the rear but i dont trust them.

Yes, they will work.

2muchboost Nov 1, 2011 09:24 AM

Good stuff! Do you have the part number for these? Not sure if the evoX ones work for the RA...

sstevojr Nov 2, 2011 11:25 AM

Yes, you need the EvoX FRONT end links for the RA REAR sway bar. They are fully adjustable for length (I chose to make mine extra long, bolt locked down at 4 threads) and the bolt is the correct size. If you are feeling uncertain, I would suggest emailing "sales@racinglineperformance.com".
Supposedly the Altima fronts will work for the RA, I can't comment on that. The reason I choose not try this is 2-fold:
1) I have had 0 issues with the front 24mm whiteline bar on soft (2-way adjustable)
2) Apparently the Altima front endlinks require some 'altering'; I seem to recall something about the bolt being too big, necessitating some sort of modification. That is WAY too risky for me.....

2muchboost Nov 2, 2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr (Post 9716342)
Yes, you need the EvoX FRONT end links for the RA REAR sway bar. They are fully adjustable for length (I chose to make mine extra long, bolt locked down at 4 threads) and the bolt is the correct size. If you are feeling uncertain, I would suggest emailing "sales@racinglineperformance.com".
Supposedly the Altima fronts will work for the RA, I can't comment on that. The reason I choose not try this is 2-fold:
1) I have had 0 issues with the front 24mm whiteline bar on soft (2-way adjustable)
2) Apparently the Altima front endlinks require some 'altering'; I seem to recall something about the bolt being too big, necessitating some sort of modification. That is WAY too risky for me.....

Thank you!
I just ordered a set {thumbup}

Fuego Nov 2, 2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr (Post 9716342)

So I should get the EvoX front end links for the rear, and the whiteline sway bar for the front and rear?

What about end links for the front?

sstevojr Nov 2, 2011 03:40 PM

Most people only get the rear sway bar, but I got both as I prefer the driving characteristics (feels very tight/controlled, like 'driving on rails'; and most importantly, really got the body roll under control). Use the Racing Line Evo X front endlinks for the RA rear sway bar. As I stated above, I still have the stock front endlinks, as I have yet to find a direct replacement (and I also have had no issues with blowing out the front endlinks).

billyboy1 Nov 2, 2011 06:38 PM

nice work mate - have just upgraded the rear sway bar, however after reading your posts, the endlinks sound like a good idea (and not to mention the front sway bar) cheers for the info