Notices

Anyone install a Blouch?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone install a Blouch?

I'm looking at upgrading my turbo and using either an FP or a Blouch replacement. Yes, I know it will void my warranty, but I honestly don't care that much. What I was wondering was whether anyone has experience with a Blouch Dominator, a turbo that Buschur sells for the Evo X.

Has anyone installed it on either an X or an RA? If so, how difficult was the install? I'm assuming it's a twin scroll like the OEM X turbo, so will it also require new downpipe, etc...? At this point, if the install is too costly and time consuming, I might just upgrade to an Evo. Thanks for the input everyone!
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

I made a list a while back...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...mate-list.html

The pricing is straight off the internet, so it might be a little on the high end. Even so, it's still cheaper then upgrading to an Evo X.

One more thing...buying used parts with low km's is a fantastic idea too. That would be the route I would take. Also someone would have to confirm what you dont have to buy (due to old part being still useable), because I havnt dont this myself yet. I just made it for future reference.

Last edited by RotorGlow; Sep 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, the upgrade will require the same parts as upgrading to an EVO turbo, but with the added cost of the price difference between a the Blouch and the EVO turbo itself. I *think* you can use the EVO exhaust manifold for both, but with an aftermarket setup like the Blouch, you might want to consider a custom exhaust manifold.