Notices

Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*

Old Aug 22, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, your gonna need a bigger turbo. I'd say go with the red, like others have mentioned.

All your upgrades + FP red + E85 for track runs (cruises) might get you where you wanna be. Then just run pump gas for DD. I don't have any experience with E85 though, so I can't be sure. Do they have E85 in Canada?

11's is a pretty high mark, I doubt you will be able to that off with less than 4K in mods. 12's are reasonable, I'm not even sure what AMS is running with their RA, Evo X turbo setup, does anyone know if they have run it at the track yet?
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Yeah, your gonna need a bigger turbo. I'd say go with the red, like others have mentioned.

All your upgrades + FP red + E85 for track runs (cruises) might get you where you wanna be. Then just run pump gas for DD. I don't have any experience with E85 though, so I can't be sure. Do they have E85 in Canada?

11's is a pretty high mark, I doubt you will be able to that off with less than 4K in mods. 12's are reasonable, I'm not even sure what AMS is running with their RA, Evo X turbo setup, does anyone know if they have run it at the track yet?

AMS ran a 12.4
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

I agree that if you are going to go with the twinscroll setup of the EVO, why stop with just stock EVO parts. If an upgraded intercooler and larger turbo (FP Red for example) is good enough for the EVO, they are good enough for the Ralliart too.

But on a side note, and this would take a lot of investigative work, I too would like to see what would be needed in terms of fenders and other parts necessary to widen the RA's base. Heh, maybe even what would be necessary to *gasp* modify the suspension geometry to match the EVO's.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
wow 2 pages gone

truth hurts sometimes i guess.
No, Smike has a legitimate concern. In theory, these boards should be a place that people can go to find out information and discuss topics with people who have some first-hand knowledge or experience on the subject. These threads seem to get drawn off topic at an alarming rate, and a majority of the comments do not contribute to the knowledge and betterment of the community. I'm done.

Now, back on topic. Can anyone verify that the EVO body panels are a direct bolt on for the RA? Maybe find an EVO wrecked on the passenger side and another one wrecked on the driver's side...
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I've been thinking the fenders will fit, I can't find a wrecked X around my area to test this out though.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
No, Smike has a legitimate concern. In theory, these boards should be a place that people can go to find out information and discuss topics with people who have some first-hand knowledge or experience on the subject. These threads seem to get drawn off topic at an alarming rate, and a majority of the comments do not contribute to the knowledge and betterment of the community. I'm done.

Now, back on topic. Can anyone verify that the EVO body panels are a direct bolt on for the RA? Maybe find an EVO wrecked on the passenger side and another one wrecked on the driver's side...

The front fender are more than likely bolt on but the rears are connected to the roof linning running over the doors i believe like the previous Evo's and also i think the flares are inline with the back doors too. You will also need to get the wider front bumper for the Evo to match the fenders.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 02:19 PM

You'd think it would be a direct bolt up for the entire front-end. As far as the rear-end goes IMO it would take a talented body shop to modify the rear-end of a X. then there is no telling whether or not the rear bumper from the X is gonna fit afterwards. Probably not worth all the heartburn. I personally may just upgrade to the X and hand off the keys to the ralliart to the Mrs.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lilEvoX
You'd think it would be a direct bolt up for the entire front-end. As far as the rear-end goes IMO it would take a talented body shop to modify the rear-end of a X. then there is no telling whether or not the rear bumper from the X is gonna fit afterwards. Probably not worth all the heartburn. I personally may just upgrade to the X and hand off the keys to the ralliart to the Mrs.
exactly
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

I will admit i really wanted the X but i knew i just couldn't afford it. I may upgrade to an Evo when i get older but for the moment I am proud to be a ralliart owner. There aren't many 18 year olds out there who have a 2009 car running 13's and payed for EVERYTHING themselves (no help from mommy and daddy).
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I just want the X's HP and upgrades
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
I just want the X's HP and upgrades
I understand but if 1/4 times is what u are looking for that can done with the RA's current parts if u just follow what AMS did with the FP Red. We can't go passed 350 lb ft anyway so all those others are unnecessary.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Menendez
I will admit i really wanted the X but i knew i just couldn't afford it. I may upgrade to an Evo when i get older but for the moment I am proud to be a ralliart owner. There aren't many 18 year olds out there who have a 2009 car running 13's and payed for EVERYTHING themselves (no help from mommy and daddy).
werd...good job kid! lol
but yeah I see you got that MIC, you gunna take it to the track soon? I may be putting one on here in the near future
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

I just dont get that ppl are trying to make import cars, especially a rally inspired car to a drag strip. Shouldnt that be left to the V8's? And yes, thats cool that you paid for all that stuff yourself, I paid for all mine on my X swap as well. Body parts, front fenders will fit but will need the stock X front bumper to fit. Fenders new run $400+ painted from OEMmitsubishiparts.com and bumper is $600+ painted. It's hard to find any of these parts off a wrecked car, seeing how there stripped at the junk yards.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

+ 1 For the young people I am 19 also and paying myself. Agreed on finding any of the parts on a wrecked car. I would skip on the body work.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LancerES09
I just dont get that ppl are trying to make import cars, especially a rally inspired car to a drag strip. Shouldnt that be left to the V8's?
I just love this comment. Who made the rule that just because you own a "rally inspired" car, you have to use it as such. I would really like to know how many people take their car out to the rally circuit every week or month to go rally racing. I would bet all my possessions that it would be less then 1% of all vehicles sold. Who would want to risk destroying their car because someone told them they HAVE to go rally racing with it.

Another thing I would really like to know is, how many people with V8's actually use their vehicle for drag racing at the local strip every week? I would also bet that those percentages are also around the 1% mark as well.

There is a reason that most drag strips out there have an "Import Night", there is a HUGE demand for imports at the 1/4 or 1/8 mile. There are Tuners and there are Muscles cars. As the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks."

The reasons I bought this "rally inspired" car are:
1) I only believe in 4x4 or AWD in this snowy canadian climate
2) I wanted a car that was turbocharged
3) I need a car that I can transport my dog, wife, baby and cargo in
4) My wife wanted a hatchback
5) I liked the looks of it
6) Better gas mileage then those "V8" cars you speak of

I could rant on and on about that comment, but I need to go make a drink now. So before you say something so ignorant, just take a step back and dont speak. Unless of course it is constructive or posative. Until then, have a nice day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*