Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
How compatible is V3.0 with S Sport modification? Will it make the shifting much smoother? S Sport is quite jerky!
Brutally aggressive gear changes for maximum acceleration, and you complain that it's 'quite jerky'

Originally Posted by majinfajita
Thank you for all your hard work on this version Rich!

So the blind test results came in last night (stuff came up on the past few weekends) -- v3.0 (with modified maf scaling) compared to 30.006 (also with the modified maf scaling):

Throttle response - the difference is very noticeable. Going from light throttle to a bigger throttle opening or no throttle to a bigger throttle opening is much more immediate. Especially in the cut-and-thrust of daily driving in Auto Normal, it is a significant improvement.

Engagement off the line - I don't mean for racing but just from a red light with normal acceleration, 30.006 sometimes felt like I was in a car with a high stall torque converter, whereas 3.0 provides much quicker engagement. Bear in mind that the behavior of 30.006 was in much higher ambient temperatures than last night but in the blind test it was still noticeable.

Other SST behavior - Both pros and cons. Compared to 30.006, 3.0 provides much smoother shifting both in Auto Normal and Manual Sport; 30.006 would provide some serious jerks and clunks when slowing down to almost a stop then accelerating again but 3.0 does not. That being said, coming to a full stop, 3.0 provides more audible clunking but it is definitely heard and not felt (30.006 on my car would clunk AND jerk in the same circumstances...and for that matter, the stock tune would as well just less so than 30.006).

Overall - There is no reason NOT to flash to 3.0! The immediate throttle response, better perceived clutch engagement in daily driving...it all adds up to the RA being immensely fun and a more engaging drive. The previous flash provided greatly increased power and engine response but the improved throttle response makes that much more of a difference.
Nice blind test write up - thanks. Been on v30.006 as couldn't be bothered to reflash for what I thought would be a minor change - your post means the lappy will be brought out in the next day or so.

Oh, and thanks to Rich n Bryan for all their hard work
Old Oct 1, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Rich!
I owe you beer, mate!

I just had the 3.0 loaded and it is so much 'smoother' to drive, the upshifts in Auto/Sport don't 'hang' and there is a weee bit more pull in the almost redline RPMs!

Give us paypal email to cheer you up with!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
lol, glad you like it.

raxpatch {at} gmail <dot> com

Rich
Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Popped a CEL this morning on a cold start (car's in a garage but it's still -8*C/17*F), running 30.007 (with the Evo MAF scaling, no changes to timing or anything else). I'll see if it triggers again on my drive home and will read it when I have access to my lappy and tactrix cable.

Ironically, it started easier this morning than it usually does after a cold snap

Last edited by majinfajita; Oct 4, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

WOW!

just installed the v3 maps and went for a rip.............. so much smooother and for some reason quieter inside. Its hard to explain its like the engine is not working as hard. And the initial throttle tip in delay is gone.

FRAAAKIN awesome.

Thanks Razor and Rich.

NEWB
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by majinfajita
Popped a CEL this morning on a cold start (car's in a garage but it's still -8*C/17*F), running 30.007 (with the Evo MAF scaling, no changes to timing or anything else). I'll see if it triggers again on my drive home and will read it when I have access to my lappy and tactrix cable.

Ironically, it started easier this morning than it usually does after a cold snap
is the CEL P050B? I got the same one when the temp went below 0 celcius. I cleared the code. I haven't had another day below 0 and it still has not come back. I think razorlabs is looking into this.

C
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crak
is the CEL P050B? I got the same one when the temp went below 0 celcius. I cleared the code. I haven't had another day below 0 and it still has not come back. I think razorlabs is looking into this.

C
Thought my buddy had an evoscan license but he did not

I just cleared the code and nothing since...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
tre
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crak

C
I've got the same code coming up on mine as well.
1st time it happend. I just cleared it and waited to see if it came back.
Sure enough the next cold morning that we had it came back.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They did a fix for this back in v2.5 days. They said there is no change that would cause this from 2.5 to 3.0.

We will see what happens from this. Gotta tune to season as well Maybe they will ahve a tune for summer and winter applications...haha
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheNEWB
WOW!

just installed the v3 maps and went for a rip.............. so much smooother and for some reason quieter inside. Its hard to explain its like the engine is not working as hard. And the initial throttle tip in delay is gone.

FRAAAKIN awesome.

Thanks Razor and Rich.

NEWB
Same here! Car feels great, and slowing down in AUTO/SPORTS MODE is soo much better! ( 09 RA )
Next will be a run to the drags to see what times i get with it!

Thanks Rich you're a champ!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Seb15
Same here! Car feels great, and slowing down in AUTO/SPORTS MODE is soo much better! ( 09 RA )
Next will be a run to the drags to see what times i get with it!

Thanks Rich you're a champ!
ditto What you said. Just reflashed my car last night and was really impressed!
Now when I launch it, it feels like my brains are going to leak out my ears.
Also tested my 0-60 time and its down from 5.4 (hard uicp, evo x ic/licp, and cp-e catback), to 4.8! I'm running the 09 stock pill US map 93oct

Last edited by Ralliator; Oct 10, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:46 PM

Also, thank you guys so much for all the work you put into this.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyones going to East Coast MOD and needs to switch maps, ill have my tactrix cable with me. Just PM me ahead of time so i can download the file and def for u
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliator
Also tested my 0-60 time and its down from 5.4 (hard uicp, evo x ic/licp, and cp-e catback), to 4.8! I'm running the 09 stock pill US map 93oct
Seriously? You're putting down 4.8 second 0-60mph with stock pill?

Rich
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Seriously? You're putting down 4.8 second 0-60mph with stock pill?

Rich
I tested it 2 or 3 times with my phone and thats what I came up with.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap