Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
holy****awesomeness. installing this tomorrow. you guys are freaking cool.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 04:39 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Congrats, guys.

Thanks Bryan for what you do. This community is very lucky to have you!
Old Sep 1, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my tactrix cable from Tunertools.com and got it in 3 (or was it 4?) business days. It's nice to have your own cable so you can do your own logging anytime and make sure the car isn't knocking, etc. Plus, you can backup your stock ECU (or ROM) & flash it back to stock in case you need warranty work done by Mitsu. They will void your warranty if they find out your car isn't running the stock ROM. I also enjoy the other uses for the cable (check sig).

That's absolutely nice of Bryan for sharing GST's base map for the RA. I wish the X drivers are as lucky as you guys :P (I'm so jealous! LOL) Consider yourselves lucky :-)

Last edited by tipoytm; Sep 1, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you so much. I've had the tactrix cable for a while. I would like to try this out. I can't wait until I have some free time.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
Congrats, guys.

Thanks Bryan for what you do. This community is very lucky to have you!
+1. Thank you GST!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
this is definitely going to influence my decision on buying parts in the future. if gst sells it, i'm buying theirs and not the others. can't wait to see what you guys come out with. props for being so generous.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by clifhanger87
this is definitely going to influence my decision on buying parts in the future. if gst sells it, i'm buying theirs and not the others. can't wait to see what you guys come out with. props for being so generous.
Hopefully they start selling tactrix cables.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I have a little *CAUTION* blurb about this tune.

Yes it's nice for GST Motorsports to post a free tune for a stock Ralliart. That was extremely nice of you guys. I do have one concern about this tune though...

I gained almost 5 MPG (3 L/100km) by installing this tune.
My altitude is 2200 FT (670 M), which isn't all that high.

I believe this tune caused my car to run in the TOO LEAN department. I wouldn't hesistate to say that I gained 1 extra MPG from my stock tune. I also DID NOT feel any noticable HP gains with this.

Just be careful people, talk with GST to make sure that where you live this wont hurt your car in any way. I have since put my TTP tune back in, and I have my HP back!

Once again, thanks to GST for supplying this FREE tune to everyone!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RotorGlow

I gained almost 5 MPG (3 L/100km) by installing this tune.
My altitude is 2200 FT (670 M), which isn't all that high.

I believe this tune caused my car to run in the TOO LEAN department. I wouldn't hesistate to say that I gained 1 extra MPG from my stock tune.
That's good to hear, I generally see MPG increases on the RA and the X's with my tunes. The RA's and X's run in closed loop when not WOT which means they always strive for a 14.7 Stoich using the front 02 as feedback. I do not change this fueling in closed loop at all but do do other tweaks to help with mileage.

How did you measure your 5 MPG gain?

I also DID NOT feel any noticable HP gains with this.
Did not notice any gain over stock tune or your tune you had on from another vendor? One thing to keep in mind on this tune is that it is very much a base map but it still will gain power. Some RA's do not gain as much as other. Also remember this is a base tune based on 91 octane, and like I stated in the first post, will probably need to be tweaked for higher octane. Either way, on 93 and higher altitude, it would run a bit richer.

Once again, thanks to GST for supplying this FREE tune to everyone!
You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Sep 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tipoytm
Can anyone post the RA's stock hi-octane fuel (AFR) map... I'm curious how the RA's map compares to the X's... if it runs richer or leaner.
RA stock fuel map:

Evo X stock fuel map:

Old Sep 2, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like we run leaner. But that would make sens with less air flow from a smaller turbo if comparing same motors.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 01:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by elpoole
Looks like we run leaner. But that would make sens with less air flow from a smaller turbo if comparing same motors.

Yes the Ralliart does indeed run leaner than the richy rich Evo X from the factory.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:05 PM

I for one am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and waste this opportunity to learn what I need to self-tune. Besides not too many people in Arkansas tuning the Ralliarts, here if it isn't an Evo is a base Lancer and not worth their time lol.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
RA stock fuel map:

Evo X stock fuel map:
Thanks GST! You guys have contributed more to the evom commmunity than any other tuner I can think of... greatly appreciated! Some like posting dyno charts and other misc. info, but (IMHO) you guys actually provide far more useful stuff :-)

Wow, big difference, and it does make sense considering the difference in supporting components like the bigger turbo. I'm also trying to achieve better MPG on my ride by leaning out the AFR table a bit during open loop, but that's hard to achieve safely if you don't have a wideband. Not really into big HP numbers, but more on fuel economy so I don't have to "feather" the gas pedal everytime and think about how much gas is wasted with the pig-rich stock tune.

Last edited by tipoytm; Sep 2, 2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'm running 94 octane here in Edmonton. 93 octane is sold almost everywhere as well.

We have good gas
Where? am I blind. Who has 93 octane? best i have seen is 91 in Edmonton. I don't care much for the ethanol in husky gas.

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap