Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Old Apr 12, 2019, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
Personally, I wouldn't run a tune that has mismatched "MAF Scaling" tables. Are you logging? Have you reviewed LTFT (long-term fuel trim) etc.?

If you're reasonably technically minded, it is feasible for you to suss out how to copy the MAF scaling table content from a GST Base Map "AEM" ROM image into your own tune... and voila, you should have accurate LTFT again.

Rich
I havent done any logging etc as i am relatively new to this sorta thing, however if copying the MAF table accross is possible i shall delve into it and figure it out possibly taking the table from the AEM rom and putting it into the Boost pill Rom....

Once ive figure that out i shall attempt to look into logging abit more before i apply the tune to the car just so i can see whats goin on.

Thanks for your info, its greatly appreciated 😁😁
Old May 11, 2019, 07:48 AM

SST Tune

Hey, I was just wondering because this basemap plays with the SST tables, will I have bad effects using the EVO X reflash on the SST for SSPORT?

Also I was just wondering what changes were made on the most recent GST maps compared to the older ones. Thank you!
Old May 12, 2019, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hiya.

Originally Posted by DeathSammich
Hey, I was just wondering because this basemap plays with the SST tables, will I have bad effects using the EVO X reflash on the SST for SSPORT?
Good question! These base maps weren't developed with Evo X SST reflash in mind, so things like part-throttle shifts are likely to be more harsh when combined. ECU-side SST tuning in general is a bit of a side-effect generator - the SST work was quite a balancing act, maximising positive improvement and minimising negative side-effects. It's possible an SST with Evo X reflash may have no new side-effects compared to a stock-flash SST, but not guaranteed.

I can't really answer this based on direct experience, as I never reflashed my SST.

Originally Posted by DeathSammich
Also I was just wondering what changes were made on the most recent GST maps compared to the older ones. Thank you!
GST Base Maps v31 compare to v2.7 used my RAX Patch ROM patches to deliver better logging via "RAX Fast Logging", and reworked ECU-side SST tuning, based on a quite extensive group effort testing and trialling different approaches.

Hope this helps.

Rich
Old Sep 14, 2019, 07:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts

Last edited by razorlab; Oct 2, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 09:17 AM
EvoM Guru

All the links got borked in the first post but I just went through and fixed them all.

Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
Ian0611 (Oct 9, 2019)
Old Oct 5, 2019, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Bryan.

Good stuff!

Rich
Old Nov 25, 2019, 03:07 PM

Cel

Hey guys, so this is my first time messing with the ECU or anything but I'm running the 93 Octane, Boostpill and TBE map, and I was getting the CEL code P2096 (something to do with the cat) which started appearing once I got the TBE way before the tune, but I figured then tune would make this go away. It keeps coming on and I have a little OBD 2 gadget to clear it off, but I was wondering if since it comes on with the tune still should I leave it on or is it potentially hurting my performance. Not really sure what I should be doing about it.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 01:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
hello,

I would like to ask if you have an idea on this. I was tuning ralliart edm 2009 53610010 and whenever I've tried to change sst clutch pressure ramp up and my car wasn't driving properly. I mean when I changed whole map even with idle, car immediately after start struggled like wasn't synchronized at all. Then I've tried to change only at boost level and was working good when was of boost and when got in to boost struggle the same again.

I know it's not topic to edm ralliart but Rich is the best with these cars, so maybe he can say something on this....

thanks
Old Dec 10, 2019, 02:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Changing the values way too much probably
Old Dec 10, 2019, 02:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think so. I've used same base map as I did with different car with similar hp. also I've reduced them and at the end I've tried to increase them just a bit
Old Dec 19, 2019, 06:51 PM

Unhappy 4th gear bucking when applying brakes

Hi All

Hopeful someone can provide some guidance (I understand the maps come with no warranty etc as they have been around for years now.)

Has anyone encountered an odd behaviour:

1. Slowing down in 4th gear and seems to most occur in between approx 3000 rpm coasting down to 2000 rpm (most of the time).

2. Apply the brakes (either hard or feather them (e.g to go over a speed hump in the road)

3. The car bucks or lurches (this might be a gentle buck, or used to be quite severe.)

(This occurs on the stockpill GST base map v31 2011 AUS as well as the same year and version boostpill map (using a AMS boostpill)

Thanks all

(not many ralliarts still getting around these days which is disappointing)

Regards Paul
Old Dec 23, 2019, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pneill_82
Hi All

Hopeful someone can provide some guidance (I understand the maps come with no warranty etc as they have been around for years now.)

Has anyone encountered an odd behaviour:

1. Slowing down in 4th gear and seems to most occur in between approx 3000 rpm coasting down to 2000 rpm (most of the time).

2. Apply the brakes (either hard or feather them (e.g to go over a speed hump in the road)

3. The car bucks or lurches (this might be a gentle buck, or used to be quite severe.)

(This occurs on the stockpill GST base map v31 2011 AUS as well as the same year and version boostpill map (using a AMS boostpill)

Thanks all

(not many ralliarts still getting around these days which is disappointing)

Regards Paul
Hi Paul.

No, that doesn't sound like any normal behaviour, and not any kind of "known side-effect" I can recall.

- Does this jerk occur in manual mode or AUTO?
- How often do you tend to change your SST fluid?

Rich
Old Dec 23, 2019, 02:24 AM

Hi Paul.

No, that doesn't sound like any normal behaviour, and not any kind of "known side-effect" I can recall.

- Does this jerk occur in manual mode or AUTO?
- How often do you tend to change your SST fluid?

Rich
Hey Rich
I drive majority of the time in manual mode (normal mode)
SST fluid has been recently changed but the issue came back after a week or so of driving.

I have tried to catch it in the tactrix logs (using the cruise light to start and stop logging )
I've also noticed it seems to occur at two points in the rpm about 2100rpm and just under 2000rpm eg. 1800rpm.
I've attached one of the logs, with my limited knowledge the only thing I saw which looked odd was -15 timing (when the lower bound limit was set to -10 as a minimum)
Attached Files
Old Dec 23, 2019, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pneill_82
Hey Rich
I drive majority of the time in manual mode (normal mode)
SST fluid has been recently changed but the issue came back after a week or so of driving.

I have tried to catch it in the tactrix logs (using the cruise light to start and stop logging )
I've also noticed it seems to occur at two points in the rpm about 2100rpm and just under 2000rpm eg. 1800rpm.
I've attached one of the logs, with my limited knowledge the only thing I saw which looked odd was -15 timing (when the lower bound limit was set to -10 as a minimum)
I've had a look at the log graphs, and compared to my own logs (AUS 2010 ROM stuff).

First off, I reckon your TPS value logging might be a bit off. My TPS % range is around 11 degrees to 87 degress. Not sure what your values are from - hopefully that's actually TPS there, with just the wrong scale. Not sure, though.

Second, my logs show timing advance dropping to -15 deg as well, similar pattern. That looks normal to me. I'm not sure exactly where in the log your lurch situation was - not from just eyeballing it.

Rich

Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:48 PM

I've had a look at the log graphs, and compared to my own logs (AUS 2010 ROM stuff).

First off, I reckon your TPS value logging might be a bit off. My TPS % range is around 11 degrees to 87 degress. Not sure what your values are from - hopefully that's actually TPS there, with just the wrong scale. Not sure, though.

Second, my logs show timing advance dropping to -15 deg as well, similar pattern. That looks normal to me. I'm not sure exactly where in the log your lurch situation was - not from just eyeballing it.

Rich
Hi Rich

I've attached the logcfg that I have been using, (I found it in this forum) and the rom xml base I am using is EDM 2011 - 56950006 (inherits: evo10base) so could be a mismatch somewhere.

(Thanks for your time)

Paul.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap