evo x dual exhaust on ralliart?

anyone know if it fits properly?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what ive heard it will not fit...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

The EvoX and the Ralliart have the same exhaust, its just routed differently. the only pieces that will bolt directly are axle-back pieces.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
The EvoX and the Ralliart have the same exhaust, its just routed differently. the only pieces that will bolt directly are axle-back pieces.
Actually, I don't even think the rear axle-back part of the Evo X exhaust will bolt directly to the Ralliart because of the different routing of the piping. For example, I originally wanted to buy the Magnaflow rear axle-back exhaust that is sold by Magnaflow to fit the Evo X and use it on my 09 Ralliart, but I was told that it wouldn't bolt up correctly, and so I ended up having to get it custom modified by RRE Motorsports to fit my 09 Ralliart due the different routing of the pipes.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
weird how different can the routing be... but thanks for the info looking at options for mufflers to go with a custom midpipe as i can't justify spending the $2-300 manufactures charge for a mid pipe in their cat back systems... example ultimate racing 475 for muffler 750 for muffler and mid pipe
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

here's a pic of the difference in piping to the axle back.. standard RA exhaust compared to evo x aftermarket system..

Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bye2u
here's a pic of the difference in piping to the axle back.. standard RA exhaust compared to evo x aftermarket system..

All that photo is showing is the difference in routing between OEM and and a aftermarket axle back.

FYI, the OEM RA and Evo muffler axle back are the same.

That said... the difference between the RA and Evo is the midpipe routing under the rear diff

- Bryan
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so mufflers are no issue just gottsa have a custom mid pipe made then
Old Sep 14, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robyn402
so mufflers are no issue just gottsa have a custom mid pipe made then
exactly.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
All that photo is showing is the difference in routing between OEM and and a aftermarket axle back.

FYI, the OEM RA and Evo muffler axle back are the same.

That said... the difference between the RA and Evo is the midpipe routing under the rear diff

- Bryan
So, are you saying that EVERY aftermarket rear axle-back exhaust made for the Evo X will also bolt right up to the Ralliart midpipe without any modifications? Because from everything I've read on this website up until now, I've always been told that this is NOT the case. And like I said earlier, the Magnaflow rear axle-back exhaust that I bought which is made to fit the Evo X, did not bolt directly on to my 09 Ralliart without first being modified.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Slee256
So, are you saying that EVERY aftermarket rear axle-back exhaust made for the Evo X will also bolt right up to the Ralliart midpipe without any modifications? Because from everything I've read on this website up until now, I've always been told that this is NOT the case. And like I said earlier, the Magnaflow rear axle-back exhaust that I bought which is made to fit the Evo X, did not bolt directly on to my 09 Ralliart without first being modified.
No, all I'm saying is the difference between the OEM RA and OEM Evo 10 is the midpipe, the muffler section is the same.

So saying that, usually the fitment problems on the RA with aftermarket exhausts developed for the evo 10 is from the mid pipe area that goes under the rear diff.

- Bryan
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:24 PM

The EVO X rear wont fit on a RA unless there some slight modifactions done to it. I agree with what Brian has to say, i have seen a few evo x mufflers trying to be fitted to a RA and unless the mid pipe is modified it wont fit.

Brian your a very hard pwerson to get a hold of, ive sent you a pm. :-)
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

The Evo and Ralliart stock rear sections are most definitely different. The main difference is the orientation of the flange to the midpipe section.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
The Evo and Ralliart stock rear sections are most definitely different. The main difference is the orientation of the flange to the midpipe section.
Thanks Eric, for a minute there I was starting to think that everything that I said previously in this thread was wrong, even though I've had firsthand experience with researching and eventually buying an aftermarket rear axle-back exhaust for my Ralliart.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Apparently the single exit exhausts (AMS and DC) for the EvoX fit the RA.
A member on here has done it.

The dual exit exhausts won't fit without the midpipe being customized (as has already been mentioned).

Quick Reply: evo x dual exhaust on ralliart?