Notices

What intake are you running with your X turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What intake are you running with your X turbo?

So,

Question for all the cool kids out there who are running the X turboswap.... What intake setup are you running?

It seems the stock RA intake can be made to work with the X turbo, but I'm still looking for details as to what sort of adapter is required. With a mini battery or battery relocation you can run an X style intake etc, but that for those that don't like running mini's and or drive a sportback... battery relocation is not a real option.. at least not with a full size battery.

Post pics of the intake setups your running with stock X turbo swaps if you got em

Last edited by Mad_SB; Apr 2, 2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
So,

Question for all the cool kids out there who are running the X turboswap.... Will the stock ralliart airbox mate up with the X turbo inlet?

I know you can run a mini battery and convert to an X style intake etc, but that is not what I want to do.

Post pics of the intake setups your running with stock X turbo swaps if you got em
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...-10-turbo.html

Bryan used an OEM RA intake box/snorkel on an Evo X turbo. I'm guessing you use a specific size coupler to fit the intake?

I'm planning on using my AMS SRI on my X turbo swap, and AMS told me their RA intake is the exact same as their Evo X, I would just need a different sized coupler to make it fit. So that's where my assumption comes from. I'm no mechanic/tech, so don't take my word for it
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...-10-turbo.html

Bryan used an OEM RA intake box/snorkel on an Evo X turbo. I'm guessing you use a specific size coupler to fit the intake?

I'm planning on using my AMS SRI on my X turbo swap, and AMS told me their RA intake is the exact same as their Evo X, I would just need a different sized coupler to make it fit. So that's where my assumption comes from. I'm no mechanic/tech, so don't take my word for it
That link is actually my car. Mike@RRE (not Bryan) made an adapter that allowed me to use the stock RA air box.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TOralliart
That link is actually my car. Mike@RRE (not Bryan) made an adapter that allowed me to use the stock RA air box.
Right on

You got any pics you can share?I assume a couple quick measurements and a virtual trip to http://www.turbohoses.com/ will get me what I need, but I would like to see a pic or two to help me figure out any required bends so I can have things on hand when It's install time.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mad_SB
Right on

You got any pics you can share?I assume a couple quick measurements and a virtual trip to http://www.turbohoses.com/ will get me what I need, but I would like to see a pic or two to help me figure out any required bends so I can have things on hand when It's install time.
Unfortunately it is difficult for me to take a pic right now. I'll try to take a pic when I swap my UICP.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TOralliart
Unfortunately it is difficult for me to take a pic right now. I'll try to take a pic when I swap my UICP.

Thank you Sir! Do you know if it was just a coupler that was required or if there was an section of metal pipe in the middle that needed to be fabbed up?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

im running the UR sri. i put a thicker piece of hose over where the intake goes into the outlet so it fit snug and put a t-bolt on and its worked wonders. still have my stock battery still in the same location also
Old Mar 10, 2011, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by elmerfud54
im running the UR sri. i put a thicker piece of hose over where the intake goes into the outlet so it fit snug and put a t-bolt on and its worked wonders. still have my stock battery still in the same location also
That solution certainly works. I would, however, like to examine all the options since I'm not a big fan of SRI's.

Anyone else?

Last edited by Mad_SB; Apr 2, 2011 at 03:58 AM.