Notices

RA/TC-SST Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha! Ya probably not as cheap as a Tactrix cable or as cost effective as replacing a TCU unless you are running your own business. Just a thought though.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
That looks like development tools, and very expensive.
That being said, someone has to have those tools.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by omegis
Ha! Ya probably not as cheap as a Tactrix cable or as cost effective as replacing a TCU unless you are running your own business. Just a thought though.
Also might be totally useless to what we are trying to do. Dev tools are before the OEM adds a bootloader and all that jazz, unless I am mistaken.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
Also might be totally useless to what we are trying to do. Dev tools are before the OEM adds a bootloader and all that jazz, unless I am mistaken.
The hope is that someone will know what to make of this.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

I guess you'll know once you speak to all your contacts. Hopefully something can come of this. Really hoping. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

BG is a bust. They won't do it. I will keep looking around.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

After a brief conversation with Vector, it appears that the file is going to be a ".obdx" file that can be accessed through the ECU. The technician said that it should be accessible, if the ECU can be read.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

That's good news! Now just to find someone to do it...
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

They seem like a better help than Continental Automotive. Conversation with Conti was uneventful.

Here's the email traffic between me and Continental:

"Hello,
I currently own a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart which utilizes the Getrag DCT transmission, 6DCT470. It's my understanding that Continental produces the TCUs for the Getrag transmissions. Is this true for the 6DCT470 in the Mitsubishi Evolution and Ralliart? If so, what hardware/software is available through what company for personal TCU logging/flashing?

Thank you,
Brandon"

"Brandon,
Continental and VDO make a wide variety of parts for vehicle manufactures and are considered original equipment. These parts are then proprietary for that manufacturer.
Because of this the vehicle manufacturer owns all rights to that part.
This is the case for the transmission control unit and you will have to contact Mitsubishi for this information. These units are usually flashed at the assembly point and it is very doubtful that this software would be released to individuals.

Best regards,
Technical Support Team
Business Unit CVAM
Continental
Division Interior
6755 Snowdrift Road
Allentown, PA 18106
USA
1-800-265-1818
http://www.continental-corporation.com"

Now am I reading into it too much that they mentioned VDO? I know they are branched off Continental but I never said anything about VDO in my email.

Last edited by omegis; Sep 21, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Just got off the phone with ESS Tuning. To catch people up, they are capable of reflashing the TCUs in the Getrag DCT transmissions found in the newer BMWs. The answer I was given reflects my above post with email traffic that the hardware/software is proprietary to the manufacturer and to access it requires "connections". They've established theirs through BMW but unfortunately, they don't know of any Mitsubishi connections.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Beyond this, I am not sure what to do. I don't have any connections, that I know of anyways, in Mitsubishi. It is possible that someone in the engineering school at Duke knows someone. I will ask around. I appreciate the effort, though. At least now we know who makes the TCU and software. Vector definitely makes the raw data files. They are then loaded into the TCU by Mitsubishi. Once the files are able to be accessed, it is game over. That is going to be the hard part.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

We need an in with Mitsubishi. Maybe we should start asking around with the Evo guys. Maybe one of them has an "in".

It's too bad we can just rip the ROM right off an MR TCU and upload it in. It would require someone with 1, programming experience and 2, experience with this specific TCU.

Looking pretty bleak at the moment!!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

IT's too bad the Ralliart division doesn't still exist. I'm sure we could have approached them...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jasoob
It's too bad we can just rip the ROM right off an MR TCU and upload it in. It would require someone with 1, programming experience and 2, experience with this specific TCU.
It was my understanding that Tephra was at COBB doing this very thing.

Either way, there has to be a way to do this. Is the RA assembled in Japan?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

It is assembled in Japan...

I was told that Tephra was doing that too....I asked Cobb about it and they gave me the usual vague run-around. "We're looking into things, maybe a possibility one day. We're currently trying to focus on new maps for the RA...blah blah"

Maybe how we like beautiful Japanese women, perhaps we can send some hot North American strippers over to Mitsu Japan there in exchange for an MR TCU ROM. And some proper beer...

Quick Reply: RA/TC-SST Service Manual