Notices

Load Based Boost Targeting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Load Based Boost Targeting

I have done very few RA's and I know a lot switch to PSI based boost targeting. My question is, to maximize load-based boost control, do I just need to keep the stock parameters the way they are or should they have some alterations made like the Evo 8/9's did for optimized load-based boost control?

Also, I was not able to log WGDC Correction and Load Error correctly with 55590007. Anyone have the correct addresses for these items for evoscan for me to compare?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a tuned RA, you can't use the stock Load cause you will overshoot constantly (capped at 245-250 IIRC?). Increase the Load Offset and use use Engine Load to fine tune. Oh and up the Limit to ~290.

Last edited by sstevojr; Mar 10, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
You can't log "Load Error". Stock ROM puts it in a temporary area, uses it, then blats it with the next thing it does. One of the PSI patches "fixes" this.

I'd consider changing the following...

- Check out my RAX Patch work, and install the IAT Adjusted BWGDC patch. That's a good defence against over-boosting in winter.

- Change the error correction (EC) interval to maybe 2 or 3. 1 is too fast, and 7 is too slow.

- Revise your EC offsets to match your more frequent EC interval.

Rich