Notices

How to get S-Sport mode & Launch Control on the Ralliart

Old Sep 2, 2014, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n/aisweak
Has there been any progress to this? I have not flashed my tcu yet because of the clutch flutter. I love the idea behind all of this, but it is my wife's daily driver.
Actually yes! I was waiting for the answers too and then I realized a new thread was created:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/693397-ralliart-evo-x-mr-tc-sst-beta-testing-flash-tactrix.html
Cheers
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:05 AM

Guys, I'm looking for the CFF file EVO X FQ330 and FQ440 EVO X for testing. someone has these files? FLPART also need the file for this test ... if someone has, could provide me?

Thank you!
Old May 17, 2015, 01:05 PM

I new to the ralliart/evo site I am wondering with the Cobb flash, would I need to upgrade anything to my ralliart. In order to use the s-sport mode...? Or can it be completely. stock n just flash my ecu. To get s-sport mode..
Old May 17, 2015, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jester830
I new to the ralliart/evo site I am wondering with the Cobb flash, would I need to upgrade anything to my ralliart. In order to use the s-sport mode...? Or can it be completely. stock n just flash my ecu. To get s-sport mode..
Call Cobb and ask them.
Old May 18, 2015, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Cobb AP flash is only for the ECU. The Tactrix flash is for the TCU. The TCU controls the SST with specific inputs from the ECU which are already resident in the maps of the Ralliart ECU. The Tactrix is being used as a PassThru Device that allows you to flash the TCU.

TCU is the Mechatronic Assembly inside of the TC-SST

ECU is the computer located under the hood.

Cobb could possibly be used as a PassThru Device but that would depend on many very technical questions that I'm sure they wouldn't answer over the phone or because it may be proprietary.

Originally Posted by jester830
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I am getting a reprograming cff file missing and I have done everything by the book and no results. Any ideas? I am ising Windows 8.1.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 04:25 PM

I cant get mine to connect with windows 8. I can read the TCU id but not write to it.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mark1si
I cant get mine to connect with windows 8. I can read the TCU id but not write to it.

I get the option to write to it, but it keeps giving me the cff file missing and I know its in the right place. Tired of trying, guess I will just stay with regular sport mode. I was hoping all the experts here had some clues or would help out with the ideas.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by cmb70
I get the option to write to it, but it keeps giving me the cff file missing and I know its in the right place. Tired of trying, guess I will just stay with regular sport mode. I was hoping all the experts here had some clues or would help out with the ideas.
I'm no expert, but successfully flashed my Ralliart on Fri night. Also got the same message, cause was I downloaded the wrong cff file. Replaced it with the correct corresponding EVO year file and she flashed with no problem after that. Best of luck.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

bump in hope for rev hunt issue fixed.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I just stupid in thinking this or maybe misunderstanding. Aside for the launch control, wouldnt a good tune just be able to take care of this without risking damaging the transmission as much? Im not to smart on the computer side of the house when it comes to these things so Im just wondering/trying to understand.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by The4sakenone
Am I just stupid in thinking this or maybe misunderstanding. Aside for the launch control, wouldnt a good tune just be able to take care of this without risking damaging the transmission as much? Im not to smart on the computer side of the house when it comes to these things so Im just wondering/trying to understand.
A tune mostly modifies air/fuel ratios, but doesn't have any effect on the clamping pressure of the clutches. Downloading this Super-Sport TCU reflash is the only way to increase the clamping force of the clutches, and I just recently did it and am really happy with how the car shifts now.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:05 AM

Ah ok thats makes more sense now, appreciate you clearing that up for me. Im not willing to take that dive but it seems like a lot of you guys are pretty happy with the results.

Originally Posted by Slee256
A tune mostly modifies air/fuel ratios, but doesn't have any effect on the clamping pressure of the clutches. Downloading this Super-Sport TCU reflash is the only way to increase the clamping force of the clutches, and I just recently did it and am really happy with how the car shifts now.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 07:01 AM

rent?

Originally Posted by ra_guy
obviously I'd have to type up some form of terms of lease type thing, but the numbers in my head are 70 with a 630 dollar deposit. as in 700 up front, 630 refunded upon return... You pay shipping to and from, preferably within the 48 states... like I said, that's not to be taken as official, just kinda what I'm thinking...
Are u still renting it?
The following users liked this post:
ipointatthesky (May 20, 2020)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

no need to rent equipment, this can be done via a tactrix openport and downloaded software software

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...h-tactrix.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to get S-Sport mode & Launch Control on the Ralliart