Notices

How to get S-Sport mode & Launch Control on the Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So can someone explain what this "rev hunt" issue is?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
a VERY MINOR (emphasis is important) RPM rise and fall (~300rpms if that much) when in 6th gear and just cruising at 2K RPMs. It really can't be felt unless you watch the Tach.

It is not a reason to not get S-Sport. If it never gets fixed - I don't care.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:00 PM

Houston, TX flash?

Is there anyone in Houston, TX that can flash my 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart for S-Sport/LC?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 07:51 AM

Can this process be done using the Tactrix Openport?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bjacoby00
Can this process be done using the Tactrix Openport?
Si Senor. Check this link out

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...h-tactrix.html

I have not done it yet but will be soon.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there another place to download this file ? I keep getting a link error. I have a 2009
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by prozak
Is there another place to download this file ? I keep getting a link error. I have a 2009
Read the flashing tc sst reflash with tactix thread its all in there. I jist done this to my car and it was amazing what a difference it made in the performance of it and better drivability. Best mod ive done so far.
Just follow the directions and be patient with it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by superchikn
Read the flashing tc sst reflash with tactix thread its all in there. I jist done this to my car and it was amazing what a difference it made in the performance of it and better drivability. Best mod ive done so far.
Just follow the directions and be patient with it.

Patience has nothing to do with it. When I try to download the file its trying to install all kinds of BS on my PC... is there a place to download the file that doesn't involve installing unwanted programs or potential virus?
Its asking me to install chrome extensions and garbage.. no thanks. Is there a place or way to download the file without all this nonsense ? I know how to flash my car .. thats easy, just need the data.

Last edited by prozak; Nov 20, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 03:51 AM

Patience has nothing to do with it. When I try to download the file its trying to install all kinds of BS on my PC... is there a place to download the file that doesn't involve installing unwanted programs or potential virus?
Its asking me to install chrome extensions and garbage.. no thanks. Is there a place or way to download the file without all this nonsense ? I know how to flash my car .. thats easy, just need the data.
Try this link I even downloaded them to my cell phone.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4WZqKW7T8KyeFpxeWpPeDBvVDQ
Old Nov 25, 2018, 09:51 AM

Try this link I even downloaded them to my cell phone.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FpxeWpPeDBvVDQ

Thank you! thats what I was looking for. The file is 8631B002dio30.cff that I downloaded, Im guessing just an update of the file listed in the beginning of this thread 8631B001dio30.cff It was listed under 2009 RA. But thank you again. cant wait to flash the TCU and setup my spark cut and launch maps. very exciting.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:10 PM

Thank you! thats what I was looking for. The file is 8631B002dio30.cff that I downloaded, Im guessing just an update of the file listed in the beginning of this thread 8631B001dio30.cff It was listed under 2009 RA. But thank you again. cant wait to flash the TCU and setup my spark cut and launch maps. very exciting.
You're welcome glad to help out. I tried both versions, my car definitely done better with the updated flash. I recommend do the transmission relearn also before you do any launches with it just for safety. Makes a huge difference on how hard the clutches bite when switched to s sport mode. I hadn't really appreciated this trans set up coming from a six speed Nissan til I drove it on a favorite back road with s sport activated, had me grinning from ear to ear.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 04:06 PM

You're welcome glad to help out. I tried both versions, my car definitely done better with the updated flash. I recommend do the transmission relearn also before you do any launches with it just for safety. Makes a huge difference on how hard the clutches bite when switched to s sport mode. I hadn't really appreciated this trans set up coming from a six speed Nissan til I drove it on a favorite back road with s sport activated, had me grinning from ear to ear.

So I'm half grinning, I flashed my car and now have S-Sport mode, and also just did a fluid change and teach in... what a difference especially on my 140,000 mile car. but I couldnt get the launch mode to engage and it was racking my brain. I set the spark cut stationary rev to 3000 and I also am running tephraV3 and set the other stationary limiter low just to test and it wouldnt go into launch mode. I hooked up the laptop to see what gives... looks like my TPS never hits 100% which from what i read is required to engage the launch mode. soooo next step is adjusting the TPS.... Anyone else run into this problem ? I believe the highest I logged was 93% and the idle is 14% So 14% at idle ok, but I need 100 up top.. BUT the flash worked and im pumped about SSPORT mode!! I'm sure ill get the launch, I'm persistent.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 02:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...rmware-s-sport

This is inexpensive and you get it done at the comfort of your home quick.
My car was done yesterday.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 01:47 PM

Anyone have any trouble with the launch mode? ? My car now has S=Sport which is bad ***.. but it wont get into launch mode... Did i miss something ? whats the process for getting into launch mode ? does this work on all 2009 RA ? is it possible I flashed the wrong file ? I figured since it has S-Sport it should definitely have launch mode to... any info would be great.. thanks.

My steps for trying were, hold TCS till its shut off...
get into S=Sport mode
car in D or 1 manual .. tried both
Hold brake and slam the gas pedal
in the videos i see the cars rev to whatever they have set for a stationary rev limit.. mines 3000 just for testing, but my car revs right by it... doesnt seem to matter where I put the rev limit... goes right by it.. if i press the gas slower you can feel the clutches grab and it wont rev... imagine thats terrible for the car anyway so i wont do that.
Input please!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone have any trouble with the launch mode? ? My car now has S=Sport which is bad ***.. but it wont get into launch mode... Did i miss something ? whats the process for getting into launch mode ? does this work on all 2009 RA ? is it possible I flashed the wrong file ? I figured since it has S-Sport it should definitely have launch mode to... any info would be great.. thanks.

My steps for trying were, hold TCS till its shut off...
get into S=Sport mode
car in D or 1 manual .. tried both
Hold brake and slam the gas pedal
in the videos i see the cars rev to whatever they have set for a stationary rev limit.. mines 3000 just for testing, but my car revs right by it... doesnt seem to matter where I put the rev limit... goes right by it.. if i press the gas slower you can feel the clutches grab and it wont rev... imagine thats terrible for the car anyway so i wont do that.
Input please!
I know this is 4 years old, but wondering what the issue was. Have a 09 Ralliart that won't hold the stationary rev limit. Goes right to 7500 RPM. I have S-sport mod flashed from Hamish.

Quick Reply: How to get S-Sport mode & Launch Control on the Ralliart