Notices

2014 Ralliart - cracked manifold and possibly more?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ralliart - cracked manifold and possibly more?

Hey. So 1st time posting on here. I have a 2014 Ralliart. I bought it 4.5years ago with 105,000KMs on it. I now have over 215,000KMs and it is my daily driver.
I moved provinces from Ontario to New Brunswick - Canada

After completing some repairs and giving me a pass on the saftey to plate the car for NB one of the mechanics thought my car sounded pretty loud when they were driving in/out of the shop. He checked the engine and found a small crack in the turbo manifold that was visable thru a vent hole in the stock metal heat cover for the turbo/manifold…

My Lancer has never been good on gas but just seems to be getting worse and worse. I’m considering replacing the manifold with a new, direct-bolt on aftermarket one I found as a direct bolt-on replacement by Artec. Not cheap but the oem is flawed and common to cracks in one area, and any used ones I’ve seen for sale are ALSO cracked already..

Does anyone know of any other direct fit turbo manifold for the Ralliart that would fit? Since the Ralliart has a smaller, single scroll T04 turbo the T05 and evo stuff won’t fit either…

I also have noticed that I MIGHT have a coolant leak? Maybe an issue with the headgasket as well.. I’m in the process of trying to book a appt. For a compression test to be done at my local Mitsi dealer..

I will also mention that I do NOT have smoke burning from exhaust, no overheating issues, the car still runs and drives just fine but seems like I’m losing some power/Compression and the fuel eco normally just sucks, MAYBEEE 400kms per tank. I had my serp. Belt snap a month ago or so and drove a short distance to the dealer when the car DID overheat but I shut the car off when I got a warning that “Overheating shut off car” and temp went Red.
since new belt and tensioner car has been staying nice and cool in all conditions/weather/city driving or highway

Last edited by HappyEnergyRap; Yesterday at 11:56 PM.