Notices

2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct

Old Oct 19, 2016, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Yea I would sell it for a GSR before you think about doing a trans swap.

The good news is everything engine and fueling related swaps over.
If i was going to do this i don't think i would have it in me to swap everything on the spot. now we have been talking about keeping it. possibly buying a gtr, or new vette. I have no idea Im up in the air. but if i don't find something soon i will probably just get another 1stgen as a project and build a legit racecar. This is pretty much done and i get bored very easily.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 06:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
I am just going to quote this post because this is serious information that should be reviewed and reviewed again, along with the rest of the information that razorlab posted in this thread. This is HUGE! I have discussed tuning the SST countless times with a few people because it is one of the most critical pieces to modding Ralliarts.

Also, the original intent of this thread is great also. I have been looking for a discussion about this type of Exo X turbo swap and comparison for my own build.

Keep us posted on the progress. I agree with razorlab that there is more potential with this build.

What was the elevation/DA for these track runs?
His cars going 118 now which looks to be faster then most ralliart on any forum I found so far with a evo X turbo.

Right now the goal is to improve the quickness of the car. It has the power to ET very low right now, its just getting it to 60ft proper. MPH is there.

Its last track day went 12.01 @ 118

118 is enough for a 11 all day with a good launch and overall 1-2 shift and pass.

We will have new results this weekend.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 02:29 PM

Incase anybody is following this. it went 11.9@118 (i lost the slip) i was to excited and put it in a safe place and can't find that place yet. as for the car. everything works great. only problem i have now is 1-2 shift. It WILL NOT shift into second gear with tire spin. i have no idea why its not allowing it. I have started in manual mode, launched it, early shifted to second. then slapped it into auto. doesn't work i think i have tried everything. but it's quick and was only on 24psi.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 05:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice man. Are you still running the stock TCSST? Mind sending a PM to me giving me a ballpark on the amount of $ you have put in modifications to run 11s?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 09:31 AM

RA Evo X conversion

Nice build. I am in the process of doing a similar conversion but I am unsure about the SST Transmission tuning. Any Advice? My RA is a 2009 JDM with an Evo X Turbo, performance exhaust manifold, AMS evo x intake with K & N filter. AMS boost pill.

I plan to use a custom tune after all this work but I'm worried about the Transmission also did you have to upgrade your brakes?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Dreyfus_jm
Nice build. I am in the process of doing a similar conversion but I am unsure about the SST Transmission tuning. Any Advice? My RA is a 2009 JDM with an Evo X Turbo, performance exhaust manifold, AMS evo x intake with K & N filter. AMS boost pill.

I plan to use a custom tune after all this work but I'm worried about the Transmission also did you have to upgrade your brakes?
Stock brakes are fine.

Transmission will slip if you don't control torque.

We flashed this particular car with super sport mode for the trans.