Notices

2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct

Hi Guys. Figured id post these results in here as well. I don't see a dyno section for this car, So I'm sure its ok.

Also for those with this car that are having a hard time finding a reliable tuner for it, Feel free to contact me. I now Support the Ralliart 100%. I can tune it open source, So all you need is evoscan & an openport 2.0 cable to tune with me.

My customer started off with basic bolt on's and now he has worked his way up to a evo X turbo with more bolt ons.

The vehicle still has a massive restriction in the back half of the exhaust system (as its still using OEM piping which looks to be 2.5" or so), however I wanted to share the comparison overlays and differences here.

Before mods were:

stock injectors
stock fuel pump
3.5" FMIC
3" ic pipes
Cobb 3 port
Partial 3" exhaust (still has cat & 2.5" stock rear which we are removing and will post new results after removal)
Evo X BOV

After mods were:

MAP Rev2 3.5" intake
Evo X stock turbo
MAP 3.5" FMIC
FIC 1100cc injectors
MAP Tubular manifold
Invidia o2 housing
Partial 3" exhaust (still has cat & 2.5" stock rear which we are removing and will post new results after removal)

After rescaling the MAF tables extremely, We were able to get the vehicle to shift smoothly and operate smoothly with the massive upgrade of the 3.5" Map Rev2 intake pipe kit & keep trims tight.

Below are before & after & differences as is now of the setup. Temps outside were anywhere between 70-75F & humid.

As you can see the Evo X turbo /w the help of the other add on parts woke the vehicle up quite a bit on the top end, and not to much was lost downlow either. This was a very good upgrade for the customers car, and should give him another 5mph in the 1/4 roughly (Which we will find out ourselves).

Customer sent me pictures of new engine bay;

Last edited by tscompusa; Sep 1, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SharkyPR (Aug 29, 2016)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So what you do would be considered an "E tune" rather than an actual "Dyno Tune", is that correct?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Slee256
So what you do would be considered an "E tune" rather than an actual "Dyno Tune", is that correct?
If you're local you can bring the car to our shop and I can re-tune it for you. Based on your mod list I would recommend a 3 port at minimal. Kind of Etune, But for you it can be an in person shop tune since you're in MD.
The following users liked this post:
Notenufpowr (Sep 4, 2016)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
If you're local you can bring the car to our shop and I can re-tune it for you. Based on your mod list I would recommend a 3 port at minimal. Kind of Etune, But for you it can be an in person shop tune since you're in MD.
Thanks, but what I meant is that you don't have an actual Dyno at your shop do you?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Slee256
Thanks, but what I meant is that you don't have an actual Dyno at your shop do you?
Correct. At the current shop we have no dyno at the moment. We are moving to a bigger shop soon and a dyno will go in though.

A dyno wont change your tune, If anything a street tune is going to be better then a dyno tune since the cars in its natural environment & natural load. However, When we tune high horsepower evo's 700-800WHP+, We really need the dyno to make it safer for us, Because tuning that kind of power on the street you're at high risk for getting a ticket or pulled over.

Lower power cars we can do on the country back roads which makes it nice. under 500WHP the back roads work well for dialing the car in, Then we take it on the interstate to get a more accurate power graphing.

Having a dyno in the shop will just be much more convenient though, And will allow me to get things done quicker and in a safer environment. So its a pretty inevitable tool for any tuner shop that does large volume like we do.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you guys located in PA exactly?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 01:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa

The vehicle still has a massive restriction in the back half of the exhaust system (as its still using OEM piping which looks to be 2.5" or so)
I wouldn't say it's a *massive* restriction.

Six years ago, I had the OEM catback on my 2010 RA and the car produced 178whp / 116wtq over stock...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...sportback.html
Old Sep 3, 2016, 03:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by razorlab
I wouldn't say it's a *massive* restriction.

Six years ago, I had the OEM catback on my 2010 RA and the car produced 178whp / 116wtq over stock...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...sportback.html
Ya not massive. I think its worth a few whp but not as much as I thought originally.

The Ralliart are awesome!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 03:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by khami
Where are you guys located in PA exactly?
4050 columbia ave
columbia pa 17512
Old Sep 3, 2016, 03:34 AM
Former Sponsor

We took the car to the track last night and it went decent. The owner didnt use any kind of launch control just feathered it, So the 60ft is horrible.

The car can be leaned out a bit more yet, so theres more in it yet. I think we can get it to 110 trap on 93 as is.

Temps were around 68F.

Number is 862

Old Sep 4, 2016, 07:23 AM

ok I'm on here now.. Anyway as far as the exhaust.. I beleive it was very restrictive.. the main difference i noticed was with the exhaust on we would hit a little lower peak hp. but the main problem was it my peak power was hitting earlier and falling off by redline, after i removed the entire catback, it just felt like it ripped all the way till redline, it gave me a little less down low but felt amazing up top, and for some reason with this and the cool air I was running pretty rich, I think for this pull i was in the 10s also i was only on 21 psi. So theres deff alot more in it. I think we will see if it can get into 11s @ about 26-28psi and leaning it out a little, also got a couple more parts coming this week to help it get there.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 07:31 AM

Thanks again tom for the tuning and mobile support at 1am when I was ready to light this car on fire b/c working on it was such a pain in the butt compared to older cars. A+ tuner, he even kept me in check and made me order more parts to safely reach my goals, i know previous tuners i have had that built a motor promised a peak power and have pushed things passed there capabilites just to get it there to prove a point. I mean literally Tom made me stay at 21psi and go to the track when i know theres 27-28 in it safely. and i already had no knock, but he was right i had a little traction issues in 1st gear but the clutches loved it, felt great, and knowing that 100% its in the 11s leaned out with more boost makes me so happy, After we do that next week its going on e85 and see what else she got in her
Old Sep 4, 2016, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I agree that 21psi of boost is a little low, but I also think 27-28psi it too high. I think about 23-25psi is good peak boost range in my opinion.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 06:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
It for SURE has more in it.

With my RA basemaps and STOCK ra turbo, people are doing 12.8-13.0 @106mph.

Keep at it, work on the 1-2 shift. You can do low 12, high 11's with it.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 07:30 PM

Wed I will give it 1 more shot on 93. Would love to break into 11s which I actually think is possible. Just did a couple pulls and I actually think my recurculation valve could be a hinder. I spike 26 fast then drop to 21 through the entire band. Now this is something I expect with this turbo as with the other but with the other one and I believe the X turbo. It should come down gradually which is leading me to believe something can't hold the boost and that I would say is the weakest link. I wish I could say my other one will be here before wed but I'm banking it will be Thursday or Friday.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ralliart Comparison with stock turbo & after Evo X turbo upgrade 93oct