Notices

Car jerking

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car jerking

Was fine an hour ago, but while driving it pulls hard as if I'm flooring the gas. It's a quick jerk and have never experienced this before. It's an 09 Ralliart with roughly 68,600 miles. It looks like it happens just before and after a gear change. For the past few years I've been driving it strictly in manual mode. I don't know if that has an effect or not. I've pulled over half way to work and I'm going to drive it in automatic to see if there's a difference.
I'll keep you all updated. In the meantime any advice/info would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:03 AM

Nvm now it won't reverse and the R on the gear panel is blinking. I'm calling AAA.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh noooo, what were the symptoms? Did all of this just start happening for the first time today and now you've lost reverse?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 06:47 PM

Everything happened today, without warning or progression leading up to today. I'm going to the mechanic first thing tomorrow morning. I'll let you know the details as soon as I hear them.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 07:49 AM

:/

It looks like the transmission is more than likely fubar. Which is strange for it to happen out of the blue. Please tell me there's a used one out there somewhere, I love this car, but if I have to fork over 3g's for one part plus labor I'm reporting a total loss. Unless someone here wants to buy an 09 Ralliart with very low miles and no tranny LOL!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TedMitsu
:/

It looks like the transmission is more than likely fubar. Which is strange for it to happen out of the blue. Please tell me there's a used one out there somewhere, I love this car, but if I have to fork over 3g's for one part plus labor I'm reporting a total loss. Unless someone here wants to buy an 09 Ralliart with very low miles and no tranny LOL!
You can get it rebuilt for around 2-3k with parts and labor I believe.
If you are handy enough to pull the trans yourself.
That bites though. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:23 AM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There are lots of used ones available but I'm not sure how much cheaper (if at all) it would be than getting yours rebuilt, and you never know what the condition of a used one is. One plus I can think of though would be possibly less downtime than a rebuild.

Did it throw any error codes? If so that might be a starting point to figure out what's actually wrong (and how much it would be to fix).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 02:32 PM

Transmission guy said it's a cracked casing. I feel like I'm going to puke. Has no one else experienced this? I'm praying to god it's going to be a simple weld.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
never experienced that before, fingers crossed its a simple weld and refill. youll probably get a nice cleaning job out of it too