Notices

Ralliart wouldn't shift after coming to a stop from wot

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart wouldn't shift after coming to a stop from wot

Hello, I recently had a problem with my car after going wot and then downshifting to a stop. Car ran fine through the gears up to 6 then shifted down fine until 3. From 3 to 2 it shifted very hard and the service transmission light came on. I parked the car and the error code was p1852, which is an error in the movement direction of the shift fork. I cleared the error, and then went through the gears and everything seems to be back to normal. I do have s sport flashed and was using it in manual mode when this happened. My tranny fluid was changed when I bought the car, which is roughly 2k miles ago. Total miles on car is about 47k. I've driven another ten miles so far without incident. Just checking if anyone else has had this error before, and if it may just be a one off kind of incident. Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had similar troubles after flashing S-Sport and the transmission ended up having to be replaced or rebuilt... So monitor closely but set some money aside.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 02:06 PM

Do you recall what error code you received? This is not the same code for the magnetic sensor that falls off.
thanks
Old Jun 23, 2017, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

P183D = Shift fork 2 malfunction
Old Jun 23, 2017, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the response. Will definitely be watching it closely. I have a third party warranty so I'll flash everything back to stock if I have any more issues and take it in.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

I would suggest if it comes to a warranty rebuild, bring it to a good shop for the removal and reinstall but have it shipped to and done by Kozmic from what I can work out they seem the best... SSP and Shep Trans are two other shops that do our tansmissions but I've heard good and bad stories so I'm not sure.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliFast
I would suggest if it comes to a warranty rebuild, bring it to a good shop for the removal and reinstall but have it shipped to and done by Kozmic from what I can work out they seem the best... SSP and Shep Trans are two other shops that do our tansmissions but I've heard good and bad stories so I'm not sure.
I believe SSP and Kozmic have the same Owners at this point.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Interesting but either way I'd like to know who to go to for a transmission rebuild that will be done properly as I'm sure I'll blow this transmission some day and am out of factory warranty.