Notices

Cracked Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cracked Exhaust Manifold

Hey everyone!
Kind of in a bind today and could really use some help/suggestions. The shop just called and told me the exhaust manifold on my Ralliart is cracked. I can still run the car but I'd like to get this fixed asap if I can.

I was going to just look for a direct replacement but thought it might be best to seek out advice here to see if there are other options I should consider.

I'm running 3" catback exhaust made by Ultimate Racing - if that helps at all. No turbo upgrade or anything. (though I do have the EVO intercooler)

Thank you kindly for the help/comments/suggestions.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:18 AM

I've done some extensive searching and it seems like everyone is suggesting to keep with the OEM manifold for the sake of keeping things easy.
(my car is out of the warranty so I'd like to find some way of avoiding the $1,700 the dealer wants to do the job)

If there are other options out there - better options for under that price I'm completely open to those suggestions.
I've seen some people recommend CBRD - but that's well over the $1,700.

Again, all help is appreciated.

If all else fails, I'll buy a used one off eBay and call it a day.

Thanks!
Old May 4, 2018, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
This is the new manifold that just came out for the stock RA turbo. Definitely worth checking out. It is direct swap onto the car
https://www.strictlymodified.net/pro...ement-manifold
The following users liked this post:
phoenixwave (May 4, 2018)
Old May 4, 2018, 10:39 AM

Awesome @Raikiri - I clicked and contacted as soon as you posted this. (definitely a better option than the $1700 from the dealer)

I greatly appreciate it - and if I go this route I'll be sure to post back on the progress and work etc.

I wonder about heat shield and everything since this is drastically different from the existing stuff in the car.
Old May 5, 2018, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

You'll want to upgrade your heat shields. This here is a firewall shield but they do make 2 others that you'll want to get also since the manifold gets a little close to the Mivec and Cam sensors
https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...all-heatshield

Do you have the metal or plastic valve cover?
Old May 6, 2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
You'll want to upgrade your heat shields. This here is a firewall shield but they do make 2 others that you'll want to get also since the manifold gets a little close to the Mivec and Cam sensors
https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...all-heatshield

Do you have the metal or plastic valve cover?
Thanks again for the help man.

To answer your question, I've got the metal valve cover with the plastic cover on it that says Mivec Turbo etc.
So would you consider this to be the best route - go with a modified Manifold from these guys and get the heat shields and just replace the old stock one...or should I look to upgrade the turbo and manifold together and go that route instead? I'm not sure if the upgraded turbo is a route I should go because I am assuming that there'll be plenty of other things I'll have to modify in order for that to work - right?

Either way I'll probably need a new tune as well right? I don't see this revamped manifold "performing" the same as my old stock one.
Old May 7, 2018, 01:19 PM

Hey man - just wanted to let you know, that thanks to you I've purchased the new Manifold and all the necessary Heat Shields.
I should get the manifold by mid-June (hopefully) - the heat shields will be here sometime next week.

I appreciate your feedback and help with all of this. I'll be sure to post pictures of the new stuff once it's installed.

After that, I'll try and get a new Tune scheduled as well because I'm sure I'll need it.
Old May 7, 2018, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

If you have a Facebook join Ralliart Revolution. We’re the group that talked the fabricator into making those manifolds. We’ll have a lot of the info there that you’ll need