Notices

The dreaded ASC is OFF/Service AWD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dreaded ASC is OFF/Service AWD

Ladies and Gentlemen, I realize that I'm beating a dead horse here and the likelihood reaching a general consensus is slim to none but I have to ask. I live in Houston so cold weather isn't going to be an issue like our northern owners have faced with this problem. I've also checked the diff reservoir in the trunk of the car which was full. I drove the car to the auto parts store to have the codes pulled and there weren't any. Now this is my wife's car so I will need to relay any further questions to her before I'm able to let you know what the answers are for your queries. When the codes were pulled, I guess the car wasn't done adding insult to injury because it wouldn't come out of park for an hour. The only bit of comedic relief I had was that the last thing I said before it finally went into D to allow to leave was "I swear to God if you don't knock this off, I'm trading you in on a Subaru!". Then boom, straight out of park it went. If you guys could recommend some diagnostics I could perform I'd appreciate it. I also know there's some pump somewhere that should be a TSB/Recall/warranty issue but isn't so I'd love to know what to do so I could get a definitive answer. Please let me know. Ever see The Dark Knight? Yeah, I'm about to do the Joker's pencil trick to myself, but not until I check the forum for updates first.

Thanks again, guys.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I think at this point I would tow to a dealer and bring a wheelbarrow of cash... SRY.
I doubt any other shop (or internet forum) could troubleshoot this.

Just swapping a TCU or other computer in an effort to fix it yourself without the MUTIII will get expensive fast...

And, if by chance it is the center diff pump assy. - there is a 100K warranty...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 03:17 PM

Veronica, in terms of the issue, any idea what the cause is? The car goes in tomorrow morning and I'm sweating bullets. I read somewhere that the 100k warranty didn't cover the pump? Am I mistaken?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 04:35 PM
c08

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The warranty for the ACD pump was extended to 10 years / 100k miles:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...on-issued.html

If there is a problem with the transmission though the dealer is probably going to just want to replace the whole thing (which is where the wheelbarrow of cash comes into play). If that is the case and it is not covered by any warranty then I'd probably talk to Kozmic Motorsports about having them fix/rebuild it instead (looks like they are in your area fortunately).

I have no idea what the problem could be though, it could be somewhere else entirely (edit: just went back and re-read original post and not sure it sounds like a trans problem but I really don't know).

Last edited by c08; Apr 3, 2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

^this.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 06:46 PM

We got the car back from the dealer and the issue was covered under warranty. I don't particularly remember what they told my wife but it was something in the braking system that was causing the issue. The car has been fixed and we also got the 60k mile service done while it was in there. She's been driving the car all day today and came home with a smile on her face. That's what I like to see. Kyle aka Veronica, thank you for all your help with the issues at hand. You did a lot to help keep my wife and I calm through all of this. You guys are awesome. EvoM FTW!
Old Apr 12, 2017, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

sweeeet!
I'm glad it worked out so well!
The following users liked this post:
Hell Ride (Apr 17, 2017)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

bumper for this thread, i m having a evo x mr and having the similiar issue.
both my asc and awd lights are on display service required. My transmission locked into Park for long time then it will unlock itself so i can move it to D.
did you still have the paper from the the dealer? maybe it said what the issue was? My accessport shows me acd c1000 code which releated to brake light switch circuit. it might be the same problem with your car as well since you said the problem was related to the brake system.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bumping this dead thread. Was it perhaps the ABS sensors? I’m testing mine tomorrow, I’m having the same issue you guys have had.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For me it was my right front ABS speed sensor.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 03:33 AM

I may have the same issue and since I don't want to make a new thread and start the issue AGAIN I'll describe it here.
My AYC pump has been refurbished and works properly. It is in the trunk right now, solidly protected. Whenever I leave my car for more than, say, 6 hours and then start it the pump builds up pressure normally. However, the very moment I start making my first turn left (or right, doesn't really matter) the pump starts pumping for about 5 seconds again and the yellow "SERVICE REQUIRED" warning for the AWD appears. After that I can cut the engine and turn it on immediately afterwards and the warning is gone.
Sometimes the pump does that randomly but it is possible to get rid off the warning by restarting the car.

Any ideas? I have not changed the diameter of wheels and did nothing related to the brakes or ABS.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by WarlordShadow
... the very moment I start making my first turn left (or right, doesn't really matter) the pump starts pumping for about 5 seconds again and the yellow "SERVICE REQUIRED" warning for the AWD appears
When the error shows on the dash, what codes do you get from an OBDII reader?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by torcano
when the error shows on the dash, what codes do you get from an obdii reader?
c161e
Old Nov 1, 2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by WarlordShadow
c161e
Your rebuilt pump is not working correctly, you'll probably have to replace it. What makes you think it's working correctly?

Old Nov 1, 2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Torcano
Your rebuilt pump is not working correctly, you'll probably have to replace it. What makes you think it's working correctly?

AWC pump trouble means "AWC pump trouble"? Who would have thought?
Those error codes are so telling...

The pump is OK because it works during normal driving, just starts pumping again right after turning for the very first time after a prolonged parking. It will start properly and function idling.

Quick Reply: The dreaded ASC is OFF/Service AWD