EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   Confused abou UR intake, yay or nay? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/441919-confused-abou-ur-intake-yay-nay.html)

Menendez Aug 22, 2009 12:15 AM

Confused abou UR intake, yay or nay?

So i have heard good and bad about UR's intake but don't know what the truth is. Good or bad? I am trying to decide wether i want to buy it or not

secondchace Aug 22, 2009 12:48 AM

I love my intake, but you need it dyno tuned so it runs properly like you will with any tune (outside of ams's intake as the stage 2 reflash is made for it)

Love the sound, the bpv is loud, its all around great.

Those with bad experiences havent had it in the proper tune and therefore shouldnt say anything outside it being there fault that its a negative experience.

silthos Aug 22, 2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by secondchace (Post 7424757)
I love my intake, but you need it dyno tuned so it runs properly like you will with any tune (outside of ams's intake as the stage 2 reflash is made for it)

Those with bad experiences havent had it in the proper tune and therefore shouldnt say anything outside it being there fault that its a negative experience.

+1 no problems with the intake, love the sound and performs well imo.

xdemoulasx Aug 22, 2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by secondchace (Post 7424757)

there are a bunch of people that run this without a problem.

i bought the intake, brought my car to a reputable tuner and still had issues.

maybe i got a lemon?

secondchace Aug 22, 2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by xdemoulasx (Post 7425997)
there are a bunch of people that run this without a problem.

i bought the intake, brought my car to a reputable tuner and still had issues.

maybe i got a lemon?

tough to say. I dont know him or her, or how well they know the mapping for our air tables, but mine runs great afr wise, and has a nice addition both esthetically and audibly.

Tiresomejunk Aug 25, 2009 01:08 PM

do you guys have the intake or exhaust or both? How does it run with the flash? Right now I can only afford an intake and a flash. Is that good?

silthos Aug 25, 2009 01:27 PM

I have both. Runs great with an email flash from AMS.

secondchace Aug 25, 2009 01:59 PM

get the UR intake and get a local flash, it will be like 300$ cheaper, and put that towards the exhaust you want!

silthos Aug 25, 2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by secondchace (Post 7436103)
get the UR intake and get a local flash, it will be like 300$ cheaper, and put that towards the exhaust you want!

Yeah, if you can get a custom tune go that route.

Menendez Aug 25, 2009 07:14 PM

Ok so I just ordered my UR intake and am gonna run it without a tune for only a week, then i will take it to Bryan at GST to get a retune

secondchace Aug 25, 2009 08:17 PM

dont run it in boost....

id suggest holding off the week and putting it on right before you go.

xdemoulasx Aug 25, 2009 09:10 PM

i definitely wouldn't run this for a week without a tune.

resist the urge to put it on and wait until right before you get the tune haha

laflsyl10 Aug 26, 2009 05:04 AM

If somebody is looking a the same intake, i'm willing to sell my used one for cheap, i'm seriously looking into injen cai. Just pm an offer..
Where is the marketplace for ralliart anyways

Gibby860 Aug 26, 2009 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Menendez (Post 7437344)
Ok so I just ordered my UR intake and am gonna run it without a tune for only a week, then i will take it to Bryan at GST to get a retune

I ran UR intake for 6 months with out a tune and only had to reset once by disconnecting the battery. I have since taken it off to run ECU Flash with boost pill.

lookitznite Aug 27, 2009 12:59 PM

I was advised that I didn't need a tune for this intake...ive had it for like 4 months now...is this bad?