EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   3 error codes (GST related?) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/462871-3-error-codes-gst-related.html)

suprPHREAK Dec 10, 2009 06:04 PM

3 error codes (GST related?)

Hello all, I'm appealing for some assistance before I reflash to stock and monitor the condition.

For the second time in a week, the following has occurred:

I'm in Auto Normal, and go to execute a pass. I pre-shift into 4th gear, and push the gas down. The car will hesitate more than normal for those RPMs, then accelerate with less than the usual gusto expected at a 3500rpm roll on. Upon completing the pass, I'll return to normal auto. (note: the second time it happened, I did not pre-shift). Upon completing the pass, I notice that the Check Engine light is on. The car appears to be running in "limp mode", and on decel, it acts more like SPORT mode, in that it blips the throttle well above idle. As well, idle is at 1500rpm after this happens. I plugged in my code reader, and the following came up:

P1235 (Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range)
P0004 (Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit High)
P0234 (Engine Overboost Condition)

I never saw these codes last winter, and never saw them all summer. Seems to have appeared just after the temperature started to drop below -5c. The only change to my car is the GST Boost Pill with associated flash (and I'm sure it is the correct flash).

So, could it be that the GST boost pill flash is running so close to the limits, that when the temp drops, and therefore O2 content in the air goes up, that the system overboosts, and overworks the pump? Any advice is gladly accepted, and if there is any logging I should do (a la Evoscan) then let me know!

Thanks!

Psycho09RA Dec 10, 2009 08:35 PM

Is it a custom tune by GST or GST's Baseflash w/ Boost Pill?

TOralliart Dec 10, 2009 09:11 PM

I also had this problem. I took the boost pill out and put it back in making sure it was slightly closer to the middle of the tube. Then I flashed the GST w/ boost pill basemap again. I haven't had that problem since.

GST Motorsports Dec 11, 2009 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by suprPHREAK (Post 7787740)
Hello all, I'm appealing for some assistance before I reflash to stock and monitor the condition.

For the second time in a week, the following has occurred:

I'm in Auto Normal, and go to execute a pass. I pre-shift into 4th gear, and push the gas down. The car will hesitate more than normal for those RPMs, then accelerate with less than the usual gusto expected at a 3500rpm roll on. Upon completing the pass, I'll return to normal auto. (note: the second time it happened, I did not pre-shift). Upon completing the pass, I notice that the Check Engine light is on. The car appears to be running in "limp mode", and on decel, it acts more like SPORT mode, in that it blips the throttle well above idle. As well, idle is at 1500rpm after this happens. I plugged in my code reader, and the following came up:

P1235 (Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range)
P0004 (Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit High)
P0234 (Engine Overboost Condition)

I never saw these codes last winter, and never saw them all summer. Seems to have appeared just after the temperature started to drop below -5c. The only change to my car is the GST Boost Pill with associated flash (and I'm sure it is the correct flash).

So, could it be that the GST boost pill flash is running so close to the limits, that when the temp drops, and therefore O2 content in the air goes up, that the system overboosts, and overworks the pump? Any advice is gladly accepted, and if there is any logging I should do (a la Evoscan) then let me know!

Thanks!

Yup you hit limp mode. 1235 is airflow limit and P0004 is associated. P0234 is from exceeding load limit table.

Most likely happening from a quick boost spike because of the colder temps which error correction probably corrects quickly.

I can make a update to the flash to see if it helps the cold weather guys. Is this on the 91 or 93 octane map? Is your RA 100% stock?

- Bryan

suprPHREAK Dec 11, 2009 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports (Post 7788467)
Yup you hit limp mode. 1235 is airflow limit and P0004 is associated. P0234 is from exceeding load limit table.

Most likely happening from a quick boost spike because of the colder temps which error correction probably corrects quickly.

I can make a update to the flash to see if it helps the cold weather guys. Is this on the 91 or 93 octane map? Is your RA 100% stock?

- Bryan

Yeah, figured the cold temps are starting to be an issue.

91 Octane (Shell, no ethanol). And yes, the car is otherwise 100% stock.

saiko84 Dec 11, 2009 09:53 AM

I drive an 09' Ralliart
Only mod I have is GST Flash with Pill

Cruising 100km/h in 6th gear
Downshift to 5th gear and hit the gas
Delayed response but eventually the car kicked forward like it's suppose to
Check Engine Light came on
Car then idles at 1500 rpm
It was -7 C at the time

So same scenario as suprPHREAK

GST Motorsports Dec 11, 2009 11:08 AM

When did you guys flash your car? Was it before 11/5/09?

Either way, load this map and let me know if the problem still exists:

Cold weather updated 91 Base Flash with Pill

- Bryan

TOralliart Dec 12, 2009 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports (Post 7789665)

- Bryan

I have the 110509 basemap. I'll let you take a look if i have the problem again.

suprPHREAK Dec 12, 2009 04:29 PM

I've tried to replicate the problem condition a few times, can't seem to cause it. I'll keep an eye for a few more days, see what happens before I declare success ;-)

suprPHREAK Dec 21, 2009 03:34 PM

I'm happy to report that the tune appears to be holding, all the way down to -11c!

I can't tell if the power is any less, or different at all, as I am on snow tires, which all spin up anyway with the TCS off.

anyway, thank you GST! (as a Canadian...that's a phrase I never thought I'd ever say...)

GST Motorsports Dec 22, 2009 12:01 AM

suprPHREAK,

This is with the updated ROM from post #7?

laksman91 Dec 22, 2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by suprPHREAK (Post 7820551)
I'm happy to report that the tune appears to be holding, all the way down to -11c!

I can't tell if the power is any less, or different at all, as I am on snow tires, which all spin up anyway with the TCS off.

anyway, thank you GST! (as a Canadian...that's a phrase I never thought I'd ever say...)

What snows are you on? I havent been able to spin mine lol

Kieffer87 Jan 2, 2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports (Post 7789665)

- Bryan

I just had this problem happen to me. Running 91 octane no boost pill tune with hks dropin. Guess I have a reason to get my pill in now:cool:.

Thanks again GST.

Slee256 Jan 2, 2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by saiko84 (Post 7789395)
I drive an 09' Ralliart
Only mod I have is GST Flash with Pill

Cruising 100km/h in 6th gear
Downshift to 5th gear and hit the gas
Delayed response but eventually the car kicked forward like it's suppose to
Check Engine Light came on
Car then idles at 1500 rpm
It was -7 C at the time

So same scenario as suprPHREAK

Hey Bryan, I downloaded your GST basemap for 93 octane gas with upgraded boost pill on November 5th, which was actually the very first day that you posted it, and I've been having a similar problem, but not exactly the same as what happened to this guy. For me the problem is that sometimes when I give it full throttle(either in manual or sport mode), the car will "buck" extremely hard at some point right around the transition from 3rd to 4th gear. I haven't gotten a CEL yet or gone into limp mode, but it's definitely a very unsettling feeling when the car jerks that hard. Is there an update to that original basemap or possibly a cold weather basemap that I should download which will fix the problem? I live outside of Baltimore, Maryland.

Kieffer87 Jan 2, 2010 09:29 PM

I installed my boost pill today and upgraded to your linked flash. I took it out earlier in the day without any problems however later in the evening it was 3 degrees out and I was getting on the highway in 2nd gear ran to around 6200rpm and it bucked extremely hard when i shifted to 3rd and threw a CEL. I didn't have a chance to watch my boost gauge to see if it spiked but this would be my guess.

I'll let you know the codes tomorrow.