EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   My Evo X Turbo Build (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/494607-my-evo-x-turbo-build.html)

Cosis May 26, 2010 11:24 AM

My Evo X Turbo Build

So after much debate ive decided to go with the X turbo upgrade and keep my RA for a while longer. I'm putting new wheels off time july sometime, deciding the engine is my first priority.

Install will be happening this week into next at my dealer, i got all the parts needed for 500$ turbo, mani, o2 everything. They had bought an mr off a customer who crashed it and i jumped on the parts. Ill have the car custom tuned on the same dyno i had my stock tune on so the gains will be as close to bang on as i can get.

Mods will be.

UR intake
UR catback
UR testpipe
UR downpipe
UR uicp
Evo X intercooler
Evo X BPV
Evo X Turbo & extras
AEM UEGO
Boost Gauge
RRM springs
GT Spec H brace

UPDATE : Turbo is on the car, and will be tuned this wednesday. Install went really well, looks really good, and idles and runs in no boost just fine :)

SUPER UPDATE!!!!!!! Finally heard back, and will post sheets as soon as i get them. Anyways numbers.

297 WHP 336 Wtq

Yes, 336 ft pounds. Im a little worried but will test it over a few days and see how it goes. The sst tables were in order and there was no over heating issues while it was on the dyno. Overall though, im pleased with my car :)

I will post the graph with an overlay of a stock run 196 whp and 230 some torque.

Evo turbo plus bolt ons =100 whp and 100+ torque over stock. :)

Bom's Evo May 26, 2010 12:28 PM

I want 340/299 on my evo x swap.
I don't think its likely with a stock turbo. I'm kind of thinking about doing a RED or BBX.
I'm awaiting results from Bryan.

Cosis May 26, 2010 01:12 PM

yeah 340 is high. The dyno ill be tuned on rated me 195 stock, so 300 would be a huge jump from stock which is most important.

vincentchua May 26, 2010 05:25 PM

I'm doing the same thing here in Australia... let me know how you go!!

Ralliart87 May 27, 2010 02:30 PM

Im really surprized that a dealership would take on such a task. I highly dought they'll install a test pipe on a newer car with legal emissions. Whats the labor rate of the dealer? Any nice auto repair shop could of done all the install but the tune very cheap compared to most dealership cost. well good luck and post some vids and dyno sheet asap.

Ladogaboy May 27, 2010 03:34 PM

I thought Cosis worked for a :mitsu: dealer. *shrug*

Cosis May 27, 2010 04:02 PM

it is being done at a dealership. One that has done ALOT of aftermarket work and installs on the x and ra's alike. The labour is more then fair in my mind, knowing it will be done right. They will starting the install tomorrow, with the timeline of needing it ready for wednesday morning for the tune.

I will post pics and such then.

Im also installing a gtspec strut tower brace and h brace on the car.

Will have pics of those as well.

brads09lancerGT May 27, 2010 06:44 PM

This is at Platinum Mits right?

Good luck with the swap

rkque May 27, 2010 07:54 PM

Good luck with the swap man

Cosis May 27, 2010 08:34 PM

thanks boys.

very excite!

Cosis May 31, 2010 08:13 PM

updated, turbo is on :)

GST Motorsports May 31, 2010 11:09 PM

Congrats. Welcome to more power.

Getting tuned by ER?

- Bryan

Cosis Jun 1, 2010 04:20 AM

Not sure where ER is but no. Lightspeed Innovations.

Splatzjackson Jun 1, 2010 05:39 AM

Evo X turbo swap with RA turbo

Saw this thread and thought you might find this interesting. I have all the mods mentioned at the start with the exception of some brand names and the E85 tune. I hit 320hp and 298tq. As you can see in my signature, the E85 tune pushed me up another 38hp. The only downside, if you want to call it that, is my gas mileage went from 19-20mpg to 16-17mpg.

Let me know how yours turns out!{thumbup}

Jesse

Kieffer87 Jun 1, 2010 08:46 AM

curious to see what kind of numbers you put down. I think AMS's dyno rates most stock RAs around 195hp. I've been curious to see what kind of numbers I would be looking at if I added a CB exhaust.