EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   GST Tune with turboback exhaust? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/543071-gst-tune-turboback-exhaust.html)

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 01:02 PM

GST Tune with turboback exhaust?

I couldnt really find an answer i was looking for so i figure i would start a new thread.

I am getting the GST tune + Boost pill this weekend. I also plan on upgrading my exhaust with a turboback exhaust from UR. First i plan on getting the catback, then HFC, and then DP. My question is, with the gst tune will everything be okay? Or would i need to uninstall the tune and put the stock map back on? If anyone has this let me know how your car performs

sstevojr Mar 4, 2011 01:05 PM

Dont go WOT, you will hit +20-40 on your load cells. You will need a re-tune, but you will fine for DD, just dont get wild (keep it under 60tps & 5000rpm)

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 01:11 PM

So should i not get the tune then?

sstevojr Mar 4, 2011 01:30 PM

GST is a base map, not a full tune. It an excellent starting point, something you can do yourself; dont need to go somewhere to have it installed. With that said, you should either contact a local tuner or coordinate an e-tune session with someone reputable from the community (there are literally dozens of companies/people for quality e-tunes). Install the GST base map, you s/b fine for a simple cat-back. But once you source all your parts, your best bet is to have a full tune done when you install the rest of the turbo-back.

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 03:33 PM

i was thinking of getting a custom tune after i get all my mods that way i dont waste money on multiple tunes

TOralliart Mar 4, 2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by pbassist12 (Post 9129877)
i was thinking of getting a custom tune after i get all my mods that way i dont waste money on multiple tunes

That will be fine. Just don't go WOT with all the parts installed without a custom tune.

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 03:44 PM

:'( WOT is fun tho..

What if i got my turboback exhaust without the gst map

sstevojr Mar 4, 2011 03:55 PM

It would be a waste. The GST base map will give u more power than an un-tuned turbo back could.

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 04:02 PM

so should i not even get an exhaust?

sstevojr Mar 4, 2011 04:03 PM

A cat back will be FINE with the GST base map. But IF/WHEN you decide to install the down pipe and hfc/test-pipe, that is when you want to get a tune.

ArtofRalli Mar 4, 2011 04:04 PM

What about a Catback with gst tune?

pbassist12 Mar 4, 2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by sstevojr (Post 9129941)
A cat back will be FINE with the GST base map. But IF/WHEN you decide to install the down pipe and hfc/test-pipe, that is when you want to get a tune.

okay then ill probably do that

nhowar Mar 6, 2011 05:04 PM

im thinking getting the ultimate racing muffler for now with the gst flash. and then evuentally i might upgrade to cat-back. does anybody know where the e-tuners are listed?

ssg_petty_210 Mar 6, 2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by pbassist12 (Post 9129877)

So buy what you want for the car, install it all at once, and retune directly after. That is your best bet, and the smartest way to do it.

Mad_SB Mar 7, 2011 08:48 AM

Taken from Post #1 in the GST base map thread:
What this is:

1. This is for a 100% stock 2009-2010 Lancer Ralliart, stock meaning stock pill, stock intake, stock exhaust, stock everything. (or a stock car with a GST upgraded boost pill and our BaseMap for it)

Seriously folks, this makes several threads in the last couple of weeks where people are asking if this mod or that mod will be OK with the GST Base map........

I hate to be an arse about this but when people don't even read the first post where the maps are linked...................

In short, if you have to ask the question then the answer is no it is not safe. I say that because if you have to ask then you don't understand the basics of tuning this platform and you should ask the question of your tuner.

Originally Posted by pbassist12 (Post 9129458)
I couldnt really find an answer i was looking for so i figure i would start a new thread.

I am getting the GST tune + Boost pill this weekend. I also plan on upgrading my exhaust with a turboback exhaust from UR. First i plan on getting the catback, then HFC, and then DP. My question is, with the gst tune will everything be okay? Or would i need to uninstall the tune and put the stock map back on? If anyone has this let me know how your car performs