EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   2012 ra! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/612394-2012-ra.html)

eatrocks May 18, 2012 03:34 PM

2012 ra!

hey

looking at picking up a RA ... kinda have a thing for jap/eur AWD sedans, are there any differences between the 12 and previous years? i know the cosmetic diffs but not sure about anything in the powertrain/suspension....is the SST slightly improved?

test drove one last week....what a beast, wasn't expecting it to feel so much like a stick. dealer keeps calling me with better and better prices, i think 26590 OTD minus extended warranty.
what should a 10/100,000 warranty 'really' cost?

eatrocks May 18, 2012 04:11 PM

i tested 2 different RAs. on the one it ran out of gas......wtf.

i told them it needed gas like 5 times, it wasn't even registering on the gauge at all.
car would not accelerate when pressing the gas but still idled fine, wonder if that could have potentially damaged the fuel pump with only 2 miles on it.

the other one i drove had the back fender popped out, dents the size of a nickel on rear bumper like they guy f'd up unloading the car. that car drove a little different, steering felt noticeably lighter

ColdNapalm May 18, 2012 06:06 PM

Wow, your dealers seem pretty bad about taking care of their stock. 26 grand OTD isn't even hard to get around here and in LA, thats kinda the starting point...assuming base cars of course.

richardjh May 18, 2012 06:12 PM

The one with lighter steering is probably the one with half-decent tyre pressures.

...as opposed to the one with no fuel and no air in the tyres.

Jeez, what an awesome dealer. :p

Rich

eatrocks May 18, 2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh (Post 10172259)
The one with lighter steering is probably the one with half-decent tyre pressures.

Rich

yea...i went to a mitsu dealer much closer to me cause they had a 2011 in that ugly blue, lowest he said was 25,200....:lol: but he did reassure me that in the price includes a 'personalized' expierience and he said he would even call me the next week after i bought.

i had to walk out of the dealer im talkin with now to get a 'decent' APR and ...which they magically were able to cut in half after i left. they also wanted 1000 down, now its zero down with $100 less off monthly payments finance guy was a complete ass and was yelling at me telling me to sit down 'don't cha wanna buy a car??'

starting point price was 27,600. around here thats the best for an internet listed price, a lot of base RAs starting at 28k ...then taxes/bs dealer charges 1600 or so

also they put in regular 87, in after i turned i shut the car off, i said 'so ur gonna put the wrong gas in the car' response was 'i don't know, i just do what they tell me i don't know'

Slee256 May 18, 2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh (Post 10172259)

Rich

Good point Rich, except for your spelling of "tyre"....lol. Is that the way they spell it "down under" in Aussie Land?:lol:

Slee256 May 18, 2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by eatrocks (Post 10172310)
response was 'i don't know, i just do what they tell me i don't know'

You should have said, "Sooo, if they told you to walk off a cliff, you'd do it?". Freakin idiots! Sounds like the dealer I called and they kept trying to tell me the car was front wheel drive.

RazorLab May 18, 2012 07:14 PM

NEVER EVER negotiate a car using monthly payments as the negotiating point!

NEVER! You will get ripped off every time.

Negotiate your full OTD price (after doing the correct research)

Then check over the documents with a fine tooth comb, three times, before you sign them.

RA already has a 5yr/60k powertrain warranty. DO NOT BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM THE DEALER. Another rip off tactic.

If you do want an extended warranty, you can purchase after the sale and not from the dealer. Little known fact.

ColdNapalm May 18, 2012 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by eatrocks (Post 10172310)
yea...i went to a mitsu dealer much closer to me cause they had a 2011 in that ugly blue, lowest he said was 25,200....:lol: but he did reassure me that in the price includes a 'personalized' expierience and he said he would even call me the next week after i bought.

i had to walk out of the dealer im talkin with now to get a 'decent' APR and ...which they magically were able to cut in half after i left. they also wanted 1000 down, now its zero down with $100 less off monthly payments finance guy was a complete ass and was yelling at me telling me to sit down 'don't cha wanna buy a car??'

starting point price was 27,600. around here thats the best for an internet listed price, a lot of base RAs starting at 28k ...then taxes/bs dealer charges 1600 or so

also they put in regular 87, in after i turned i shut the car off, i said 'so ur gonna put the wrong gas in the car' response was 'i don't know, i just do what they tell me i don't know'

You know, funny thing...the dealer that I got my old 3000gt from sends me a anniversary card each year on the day I got the car with a $20 off any service or parts coupon(no limits) for 10 years. Now that is personal service...not some stinking phone call in a week.

richardjh May 18, 2012 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256 (Post 10172316)
Good point Rich, except for your spelling of "tyre"....lol. Is that the way they spell it "down under" in Aussie Land?:lol:

Yep, that's the way! To correct some of your silly language quirks...

Tyre = tire
bonnet = hood
boot = trunk
park brake / hand-brake = e-brake
thongs = Oh, I don't know, flat shoes... certainly not underwear
*ss = donkey

Oh oh... {offtopic}

Rich

omegis May 18, 2012 09:19 PM

To the OP, I paid $28k OTD for my base 2011 with $0 down

eatrocks May 19, 2012 03:40 AM

I know I'm still not done haggling with these clowns. Getting it down from 27,600 to 25,200 was pretty tough....so yea waitin till end of month for further price drop.

Im gonna be sure to look at everything before I sign, I'll have absolutely no problem walking out if they are still trying to pull this crap. Lol...they said this current price expires in a week cause blah blah blah...my ass

Jechttt May 19, 2012 04:32 AM

I would still consider the ralliart. But I would go to another dealership if possible. I can't stand salesmen who don't know their cars. And that's not helping mitsubishi. Been to quite a few dealerships, only one salesmen I know so far who can actually talk about the car, and I met him on here.

Oh and Octane Blue is my favorite color! How dare you say its ugly!

eatrocks May 19, 2012 01:48 PM

lol, i was showing the sales girl how the car works the diff/sst/modes...she had no idea. i know they are open the last sunday of the month....yea i think thats the day to make a deal lol. been checkin on there website, they only sold 10 new mitshus in the last two weeks, zero lancers/evos. the light silver ra they had was pretty cool, but i'm liking the tarmac black

BravoZero Jun 4, 2012 10:02 AM

Your location says "nova", so are you in the "Northern VA" area? If so, which dealership(s) did you go to?