EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   U0101 and P1590 codes, HELP! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/714744-u0101-p1590-codes-help.html)

Duke204 Jun 15, 2015 09:14 AM

U0101 and P1590 codes, HELP!

1 Attachment(s)
I've already posted this in another forum, but am coming up with nothing so far, hoping somebody here can help.

I was driving the other night, rather hard down the highway. I turned around and stepped on the throttle and it went great for a few seconds, but I heard a noise. Kind of like a gentle clunk, not violent or anything.
I got the slow down message and transmission popped into neutral. I coasted to a stop and let the car idle.
I'm getting several "service required" lights and the slow down. The car will not engage, nor does it display the gear indicator anymore!
The car sat overnight to cool off completely, nothing changed by morning. I had it towed to the dealership, but if there is anything I can do before they have their way, I would love to fix this.
It's an 09 Ralliart with boost pill and GST basemap, ssport flashed. No other mods. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I pulled the engine codes U0101 and P1590 and couldn't come up with any good search results. Help?

RalliRalli Jun 15, 2015 09:42 AM

U0101- Lost communication with transmission control module
P1590-TCM to ECM communication error

Duke204 Jun 15, 2015 10:05 AM

Yes, thats all I was able to figure out. There were no conclusive results on what the actual cause could be. Anything from a simple blown fuse to a destroyed TC-SST from what I'm reading.
I'm really hoping it's something small.

Duke204 Jun 15, 2015 10:44 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Apparently there was some extremely harsh vibration (from a warped front rotor) when braking from 140mph that unlocked and somehow disconnected the wiring harness from the transmission somewhere underneath the battery tray.
Plugged everything back in and we're good to go!

Caesar Peña Jun 10, 2018 05:25 PM

Please help.

Originally Posted by Duke204 (Post 11462678)
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Apparently there was some extremely harsh vibration (from a warped front rotor) when braking from 140mph that unlocked and somehow disconnected the wiring harness from the transmission somewhere underneath the battery tray.
Plugged everything back in and we're good to go!

Aee

I'm having the same issue, but I wasn't going fast or anything. However I recently replaced the battery and I did this. I'm getting the save service codes and service on screen .

IanRalliart Sep 4, 2019 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Caesar Peña (Post 11825548)
Aee

I'm having the same issue, but I wasn't going fast or anything. However I recently replaced the battery and I did this. I'm getting the save service codes and service on screen .

I also have this exact exact issue and two codes. Trans comes out of park but does not move. It’s a 2009 RA. What could it be? I checked the screw lock type connector under the batter tray. Removed and reinstalled it. Seemed fine. I was told this car had a deer hit at some point on the driver front corner. Can’t really tell tho. How can I diagnose this? I’m new to the car. I do have an open port 2.0 not sure if there’s some freeware or not for seeing why the tcu won’t com. It says slow down and won’t show gear indicator thing on the dash.

Manny Berrio Nov 23, 2019 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by IanRalliart (Post 11885257)
I also have this exact exact issue and two codes. Trans comes out of park but does not move. It’s a 2009 RA. What could it be? I checked the screw lock type connector under the batter tray. Removed and reinstalled it. Seemed fine. I was told this car had a deer hit at some point on the driver front corner. Can’t really tell tho. How can I diagnose this? I’m new to the car. I do have an open port 2.0 not sure if there’s some freeware or not for seeing why the tcu won’t com. It says slow down and won’t show gear indicator thing on the dash.

hey an issue too. Did you hapeen to solve it?

DWEvoX Feb 25, 2020 04:49 AM

Updates?
Same codes here after a teach in procedure on my Lancer Evo X MR 2009