Notices

How to: Remove spoiler 08+ RA

Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
heres mine wingless

looks awesome lowered without the wing. what did you finally end up doing to get the spoiler off? some people who are still having trouble may be able to use that info
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Work one side at a time that's the best advice I can give. Move it back and forth.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
took off my wing. I highly advise you to use fishing string to take off that adhesive.
Now on a quest to find something to cover those holes up...bleh.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love the wingless look so much I'm gonna buy a cf trunk. Anyone want my stock
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

I know this is an old thread but...

Possibly attempting this wing delete this Saturday. Already bought the OEM hole plugs from the dealership (thanx so much for the part number in this thread, dealer had no idea what I was talking about until I had the part number). Also got a can of graphite gray spray paint and goo gone.

I'm determined that this will work out and I'll save some $$$ by avoiding Southern MS body shops who are clueless when it comes to imports.

To the ones that did this: Did you guys put any sort of adhesive/sealant around the hole plugs when you cover up the holes or did you guys just smash them in there?

Also, just out of curiosity, what the heck did you guys do with your removed wings? I was going to just display it in my house terrace just for novelty's sake.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by roversix
I'm determined that this will work out and I'll save some $$$ by avoiding Southern MS body shops who are clueless when it comes to imports.
Any body shop can repaint a bumper, they just have to fill the holes with metal, not bondo (or else it will crack later). I have mine filled, looks great.

To the ones that did this: Did you guys put any sort of adhesive/sealant around the hole plugs when you cover up the holes or did you guys just smash them in there?
When I had the hole plugs, I just popped them in. They were a pretty tight fit already, no rain or water ever got beneath.

Also, just out of curiosity, what the heck did you guys do with your removed wings? I was going to just display it in my house terrace just for novelty's sake.
I have mine in my closet. I've tried to sell it locally, but no luck. If you wanna buy it and display it next to yours, I'll sell it for cheap! Hahaha. You can start a collection!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

^thanx for replying so quickly. I called a nearby body shop and I will drop by to get an estimate for the work.

If the price doesn't disgust me, I might go that route so that my trunk looks super clean.

lol and thanx for the offer, I won't need another wing. My neighbor already asked me if I was going to sell the wing. He has a civic so I might sell it to him to see the results... should be comedy if he manages to get it on his car.

BTW, your RA is freakin' retarded clean. If I could cut and paste all the mods you did (wheels, exterior, etc.) to my RA, I'd be set.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

^thanx for replying so quickly. I called a nearby body shop and I will drop by to get an estimate for the work.

If the price doesn't disgust me, I might go that route so that my trunk looks super clean.

lol and thanx for the offer, I won't need another wing. My neighbor already asked me if I was going to sell the wing. He has a civic so I might sell it to him to see the results... should be comedy if he manages to get it on his car.

BTW, your RA is freakin' retarded clean. If I could cut and paste all the mods you did (wheels, exterior, etc.) to my RA, I'd be set.
The avg quote I got here in Houston was about $500. Finally found someone to do it for half that though. Just gotta shop around, patience helps.
And thanks for the compliment, always appreciated!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:54 AM

There are small black plastic sockets attached to the trunk lid under the spoiler.. One on each side. How should i take these off? Pliers?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:01 PM

Pliers worked. Just need to be pulled hard
Old Mar 26, 2015, 05:25 PM

Wing mod- Ralliart to Evo X

I just bought a 2015 Ralliart and I want to get the Evo X wing, do the bolt holes line up with the Oem Ralliart wing?