Notices

How TO: your own gaskets for exhaust from silicone

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How TO: your own gaskets for exhaust from silicone

So. did you know that you can make a gasket out of high temperature silicone.. I sure did, on my car and on my friends evo x.. Just recently i ordered a midpipe from UR for my axle back UR muffler.. I thought that its time to make it more raspier sound, so i went with the resonated option midpipe... Anyway

I called UR because they didnt send me the gaskets with the midpipe, Then i really didnt feel like waiting another week for the gaskets to arrive, so i went to my local advanced auto parts and picked up this.

This is a option to do guys... if you have someone that makes gaskets around your house, by all means get the gaskets.. i just didnt feel like waiting a week...

Now, please make sure if you are going to make a gasket out of silicone, the exhaust you are binding together has to be machined perfectly.. UR is.. i did it on my friends as well as my car... NO leaks... my friend who now drives a evo x had a sti before and he did this on his sti..

NOTE*** 700F Max Heat... so please dont use this next to your manifold... Catback is fine..

**cures in 15 min.. please wait about an hour to crank up your car... IF YOU HAVE LEAKS, you have to redo it. or just get gaskets. Ha!

Last edited by Jake26; Oct 30, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting.