Notices

Install OEM Recaro seats in 2011+ RA

Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Install OEM Recaro seats in 2011+ RA

I just did the swap last weekend. My Ralliart sportback is a 2011, seats came from a 2012 GSR.

My seats came with all of their mounts (other than the passenger weight sensors).

-Passenger Seat -

1. Disconnect pos and neg battery connectors. I left door open for 10min as well so interior lights drain any power left hiding somewhere.

2. Started with passenger side seat, removed plastic and 4 bolts that bolt seat to floor, this gave me room to disconnect all connections under seat.

3. pulled out seat but still tethered to passenger side seat-belt lower mount. used T30 torque to disconnect this. and lay seat on it's side.

4. Unbolt the 8 weight sensor bolts and rear seat-belt mount bracket bolt. The whole bottom mount with sensors transfers over to the Recaros.

5. Unbolt the seat-belt buckle (17mm) then unzip and pull seat-belt buckle connector.

6. If your Recaro's came with their bottom bracket then remove it the same way. If it only came with sliders then your ready to install your lancer bottom bracket with the four weight sensors to the Recaro's, make sure the seat-belt bracket in the rear and seat-belt buckle are swapped over as well (reverse order of above steps to reinstall). also make sure all other sensors are snapped back into the lower bracket (airbag, seat belt buckle, and heat (if applies to your recaros).

7. After you have reconnected the passenger seat-belt bolt to the Recaro (easier to do outside of the car), place passenger Recaro seat back into the car and reconnect all the connections.

8. Bolt in the seat and install the plastic interior covers.

-Driver Side (Easy)-

1. Remove cover and unbolt seat from car floor.

2. lift seat and disconnect connections.

3. Pull out seat (driver side seat belt mount is mounted to b-piller unlike the passanger side so nothing is preventing you from removal)

4. The driver side Recaro do not have weight sensors so no bottom bracket needs to be removed or swapped. Only the seat-belt buckle with connector needs to be removed (just like passenger side). My 2011 had heated seats so I also had a relay/resistor that needed to be swapped over, circled in the pick below, the recaro has the same bracket so swapping that over was simple.

5. After swapping over the seat-belt buckle with connector and relay/resistor with connector reinstall the driver seat and connect the plugs.

6. Bolt the seat to the floor and install trim pieces.

7. Double check all plugs are reconnected and then reconnect battery.

8. Start Car and you should have no Seat-belt or Airbag Warning codes.

Old Aug 7, 2017, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neogeo64
I just did the swap last weekend. My Ralliart sportback is a 2011, seats came from a 2012 GSR.

My seats came with all of their mounts (other than the passenger weight sensors).

-Passenger Seat -

it

1. Disconnect pos and neg battery connectors. I left door open for 10min as well so interior lights drain any power left hiding somewhere.

2. Started with passenger side seat, removed plastic and 4 bolts that bolt seat to floor, this gave me room to disconnect all connections under seat.

3. pulled out seat but still tethered to passenger side seat-belt lower mount. used T30 torque to disconnect this. and lay seat on it's side.

4. Unbolt the 8 weight sensor bolts and rear seat-belt mount bracket bolt. The whole bottom mount with sensors transfers over to the Recaros.

5. Unbolt the seat-belt buckle (17mm) then unzip and pull seat-belt buckle connector.

6. If your Recaro's came with their bottom bracket then remove it the same way. If it only came with sliders then your ready to install your lancer bottom bracket with the four weight sensors to the Recaro's, make sure the seat-belt bracket in the rear and seat-belt buckle are swapped over as well (reverse order of above steps to reinstall). also make sure all other sensors are snapped back into the lower bracket (airbag, seat belt buckle, and heat (if applies to your recaros).

7. After you have reconnected the passenger seat-belt bolt to the Recaro (easier to do outside of the car), place passenger Recaro seat back into the car and reconnect all the connections.

8. Bolt in the seat and install the plastic interior covers.

-Driver Side (Easy)-

1. Remove cover and unbolt seat from car floor.

2. lift seat and disconnect connections.

3. Pull out seat (driver side seat belt mount is mounted to b-piller unlike the passanger side so nothing is preventing you from removal)

4. The driver side Recaro do not have weight sensors so no bottom bracket needs to be removed or swapped. Only the seat-belt buckle with connector needs to be removed (just like passenger side). My 2011 had heated seats so I also had a relay/resistor that needed to be swapped over, circled in the pick below, the recaro has the same bracket so swapping that over was simple.

5. After swapping over the seat-belt buckle with connector and relay/resistor with connector reinstall the driver seat and connect the plugs.

6. Bolt the seat to the floor and install trim pieces.

7. Double check all plugs are reconnected and then reconnect battery.

8. Start Car and you should have no Seat-belt or Airbag Warning codes.

its not really the install I just wanna know cause my Evo didn't come with heated seats and what I would have to do if I swapped them with other recaros that's have heated seat option ?