EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart How-To/Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations-311/)
-   -   RA 2009 Tool kit list (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations/452021-ra-2009-tool-kit-list.html)

RA Glows Oct 11, 2009 09:27 AM

RA 2009 Tool kit list

I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to know what tools they need for whatever work they need to do on there cars. We should be listing all the tools that are needed to do all the How tos in the section. It think it would be most useful in the following format:

Install EVO X FMIC

XXX = tools

XXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

Hope I started something useful.

03chi-town0Z Oct 14, 2009 06:48 PM

realistically, there are very few tools needed at all to work on most bolt-on diy-type modifications for any mitsubishi...

1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" ratchets, extensions, and swivels

10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26 and 32mm
-sockets
-wrenches

those are just about the only sizes you will ever encounter on the car when it comes to nuts and bolts, so basically having a set of those wrenches and sockets in 1/4" and 3/8" sockets with ratchets (1/2" drive for the 17 and up makes it easier for sure) along with some ratchet extensions and universal swivel joints is about all you would need for this car. only other things that are quite commonly needed:

philips and flat head screw drivers in various sizes and lengths

interior trim panel remover tool

rubber mallet/deadblow hammer

prybar assortment

wire cutters/strippers/crimpers

metric allen (hex) bit set, up to 10mm

more specialty type stuff needed for the heavier-duty type jobs, but the basics can pretty much all be accomplished with what i've got listed here. good luck {thumbup}

RA Glows Oct 14, 2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z (Post 7613278)
realistically, there are very few tools needed at all to work on most bolt-on diy-type modifications for any mitsubishi...

1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" ratchets, extensions, and swivels

10, 12, 14, 17, and 21mm
-sockets
-wrenches

those are just about the only sizes you will ever encounter on the car when it comes to nuts and bolts, so basically having a set of those wrenches and sockets in 1/4" and 3/8" sockets with ratchets (1/2" drive for the 17 and 21 makes it easier for sure) along with some ratchet extensions and universal swivel joints is about all you would need for this car. only other things that are quite commonly needed:

philips and flat head screw drivers in various sizes and lengths

interior trim panel remover tool

rubber mallet/deadblow hammer

prybar assortment

wire cutters/strippers/crimpers

more specialty type stuff needed for the heavier-duty type jobs, but the basics can pretty much all be accomplished with what i've got listed here. good luck {thumbup}

Thanks very much.

20si06 Oct 15, 2009 07:38 PM

very helpful

hotshot1 Apr 9, 2011 01:48 PM

omg this is the best thread ever now i know how to work on my car and change my engine:lol:

jkennedy293 Apr 9, 2011 07:54 PM

24mm wrench for rear diff fill plug and 10mm allen wrench for drain plug.

24mm wrench for transfer case drain plug and IIRC, 17mm wrench for transfer case fill plug.

jwhizz May 26, 2014 04:19 PM

Thanks this will help me alot

lingxiao584 Dec 13, 2017 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by 20si06 (Post 7617511)
very helpful

it is very useful