EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart How-To/Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations-311/)
-   -   Request for help with HIDs (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-how-installations/462660-request-help-hids.html)

kbittn03 Dec 9, 2009 05:49 PM

Request for help with HIDs

So I figured I'd buy myself a Christmas present this year.. Last year I did the same thing and spent 25k for an RA! haha this year going for a different approach. I want to get some really nice HIDs. I know very very little about headlights.. And all I really know how to do with them is change a light bulb. And I know it can't b that easy.. So I'm looking for some1 to help me out.. I need to know what I have to get to do the conversion and since I would b doing It myself all help and information is appreciated!

infeksion Dec 9, 2009 08:51 PM

Correct me if im wrong but isnt that standard on RA '09? or are you replacing it with a better one?

kbittn03 Dec 9, 2009 08:56 PM

I have a base RA unfortunently so I do not have the HIDs like most people do.. I already upgraded to the oem navi now I want some really nice HIDs

velocityhead Dec 10, 2009 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by infeksion (Post 7784576)
Correct me if im wrong but isnt that standard on RA '09? or are you replacing it with a better one?

Base model in the states doesn't have HID or Recaros, and we also get summer tires, not all seasons.

sofly1990 Dec 10, 2009 08:21 AM

i bought my RA with out the hids...now i got 10000k on top and 3000k on the fog lights..looks great..and its really easy to install ...it took me about half hour to install both sets ..however when i have the day time runnign lights they flicker i need the lheadlights to be completely on

Taranis Dec 10, 2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by sofly1990 (Post 7785656)
i bought my RA with out the hids...now i got 10000k on top and 3000k on the fog lights..looks great..and its really easy to install ...it took me about half hour to install both sets ..however when i have the day time runnign lights they flicker i need the lheadlights to be completely on

So do you have your HIDs in the stock casing then with no projectors or did you retro-fit them with projectors?

-Taranis

sofly1990 Dec 10, 2009 12:01 PM

np stock housing..looks great ...and its really easy to install...i just got the ballast and blulbs thats it

Bom's Evo Dec 10, 2009 12:21 PM

Cop a DRL eliminator harness from JROX if he has any left.
It cancels the DRL and you can turn the headlights on/off anytime w/o a problem.

You can get any HID kit. I like the intensehid.com one and the slim ballast. Makes things really easy to mount. And with JROX harness I didn't need to order the battery harness too.
Total $180 for everything.

sofly1990 Dec 10, 2009 04:29 PM

so with the harness my lights wont flicker when i have my headlights off and only running on daytime lights? and i got

sofly1990 Dec 10, 2009 04:29 PM

and i got my hids of some comaany of thiis forum..they where advertising for 60 bux..so i got my headlights and my fog lights all for 120 shipping free!!!

949 Dec 19, 2009 09:00 AM

hid are getting really cheap now.

jRox Dec 21, 2009 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo (Post 7786545)
Cop a DRL eliminator harness from JROX if he has any left.
It cancels the DRL and you can turn the headlights on/off anytime w/o a problem.

You can get any HID kit. I like the intensehid.com one and the slim ballast. Makes things really easy to mount. And with JROX harness I didn't need to order the battery harness too.
Total $180 for everything.

Thanks for the suggestion. The DRL's will cause aftermarket HID's to flicker. To avoid this, the DRL's must be bypassed.

I do provide product designed to eliminate the DRL's. It is 100% plug & play. EvoM does not allow me to speak of prices and such without being a vendor. If you're interested, shoot me an email: heymynameisjae@gmail.com

03chi-town0Z Dec 21, 2009 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by jRox (Post 7820676)
Thanks for the suggestion. The DRL's will cause aftermarket HID's to flicker. To avoid this, the DRL's must be bypassed.

I do provide product designed to eliminate the DRL's. It is 100% plug & play. EvoM does not allow me to speak of prices and such without being a vendor. If you're interested, shoot me an email: heymynameisjae@gmail.com

definitely do this. i bought the harness from jrox when i got my hid kit and couldnt be happier with the result. very trustworthy guy, sent it out the day after i sent the paypal and i got it in like 3 days. install is straightforward and super easy. lights are completely off when the switch is all the way back, only the tails and parking lights come on with one click forward, and hids on when light switch clicked all the way forward. and it's a relay switch wired direct to the battery so its a guaranteed full 12v power on signal every time you turn the lights on so theres no chance of only one at a time lighting up and having to keep flicking them on and off and ruining the ballast/igniter.

suprPHREAK Dec 22, 2009 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by sofly1990 (Post 7785656)

10000K HIDs?? They might look good, but will be functionally inferior to something in the 5-6000K range. Not sure how the law is down there, but up here, it explicitly says WHITE LIGHT forward. 10000K is nearly purple.

badreligi0n Dec 22, 2009 08:45 AM

10,000k is blue :) ....

3000 is yellow
5000 & 6000 is The whitest white (Best lighting)
8000 is a blueish tint
100000 is ice blue